Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Naudrion: Fall of the Empire - open world action-RPG by Russian guy - now available on Early Access

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://naudrion.com

Naudrion: Fall of The Empire, a open-world action RPG by some Russian guy. Looks like it's been in development since 2017 or something:

ss_de16fe65434650393a9f022a4ac7aed64b30eb57.600x338.jpg
ss_1a30aef3ea049b42f441297e06079ff027889259.600x338.jpg

nauDescrGameplayEn.png

Gameplay
Naudrion: Fall of the Empire is a single role-playing computer game with an open world. The game takes place in a world of dark fantasy and any of your actions can entail consequences.
The game has an interactive dialogue system, non-linear and various endings of quests.
During the game, under your control is the only predetermined hero - Marcus, who travels the game world, communicates with different characters and performs various tasks, in particular, related to finding treasures and hunting monsters in order to survive in this harsh world. But the main goal is
find a way to stop the growing power of the Falrig empire ...

You have the opportunity to freely move around the world, without loading when entering settlements and houses. Killing monsters or other characters, as well as completing tasks, you get experience points, as they increase, your level grows,
with each increase, training points are awarded that can be spent on improving attributes or learning new skills. The game provides the opportunity to engage in various types of crafts, you can cook potions, make weapons, armor, etc. The game world is filled with various interesting places and characters,
almost every character has their own individual daily schedule, they sleep, eat, work and relax.

nauDescrStoryEn.png

Plot
The game takes place in a fictional world. The Falrig Empire is the largest and most powerful empire on the central continent. In the past, four separate states,
they were united by the emperor Morgaus and became immeasurable military and economic power. Even united, other states are not able to oppose anything to this force.

But King Daymond of Gothendor, having fled to the north of his captured country, decides to conclude an alliance with the kingdom of Gronium, which is a long-standing enemy of the Empire.
King Norbert of Gronium convenes an army and leads it to the border with the Empire.
The main character lived before the war in a fortress in the north of the kingdom of Gronium, but after King Norbert intervened in the war with the Empire, the hero was forced to go on a military campaign. On the way to the hero’s detachment, the Imperials ambush, surviving units.
You have to plunge into an exciting adventure.

There are Russian language gameplay videos on his Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp0YSVriFKae1TBGYODqpJA/videos

Last edited by a moderator:

PrettyDeadman

Wow that looks like Elex sequel I could only dream about.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Don't tease me with them Gothic vibes like that bro.

Sjukob

Arcane
Development updates here: https://vk.com/naudrion
I skimmed through it, the only important thing written there is that the game is apparently half finished. Author says that he has finished main plot quests in chapter 2 and the game is supposed to have 4 chapters. If I were you guys, I wouldn't get excited about it, projects like this require a lot of effort that is unlikely to be done well by a single person, it's likely that the game will be jank. If you want to play some Gothic, then check out mods for it, like Legend of Ahssûn or the upcoming history of Khorinis, for example.

Last edited:
I wish him luck, but if you consider how buggy Russian games are from full studios (Akella pirate games, Kangmaker, etc), a 1 dev team for an open world RPG... wow. Your computer will probably explode right after installation.

Skdursh

Savant
My main problem with this game so far is that the name is garbage. "Naudrion"? The mouthfeel on that one is shit.

Cat Dude

Savant
Combat must be horrible like typical wrpg with bad animation and hit detection.

AlexMordor

Arcane
Developer
Development updates here: https://vk.com/naudrion
I skimmed through it, the only important thing written there is that the game is apparently half finished. Author says that he has finished main plot quests in chapter 2 and the game is supposed to have 4 chapters. If I were you guys, I wouldn't get excited about it, projects like this require a lot of effort that is unlikely to be done well by a single person, it's likely that the game will be jank. If you want to play some Gothic, then check out mods for it, like Legend of Ahssûn or the upcoming history of Khorinis, for example.

I agree that it is quite difficult to make a game alone. But I have been working on this game since 2015, a lot of work has already been done and this year the game should already be released.

AlexMordor

Arcane
Developer
I wish him luck, but if you consider how buggy Russian games are from full studios (Akella pirate games, Kangmaker, etc), a 1 dev team for an open world RPG... wow. Your computer will probably explode right after installation.
Thank you, I will try to work on optimization so that your computer does not explode)) But actually I tried to test the game on quite weak computers and it worked quite well.

Jinn

Arcane
Please tell me it has big emphasis on great exploration, nice challenge, impactful character progression, and meaningful equipment progression....

In other words, please tell me your game is heavily inspired by Gothic!

xuerebx

Erudite
Please tell me it has big emphasis on great exploration, nice challenge, impactful character progression, and meaningful equipment progression....

From the developer's website:

Game development began in 2015.
The project is inspired by games such as the legendary Gothic and The Elder Scrolls. But when comparing with these games, it is worth considering that Naudrion is an indie game developed by one person.

Jinn

Arcane
From the developer's website:

I rarely to never visit developer websites, as usually they have very little more information than what I can glean from here or other gaming news websites. And since he was here anyway, I thought I'd ask him. Thanks for the info though!

xuerebx

Erudite
Yeah no worries your question was relevant to me too so I checked the official website out of curiosity.

AlexMordor

Arcane
Developer

For me, gothic is one of the best RPG. And yes, I try to make my game so that it is interesting to play it, as in Gothic.

Exploring the world is an important component of the gameplay, because there are no marks on the map for quests.
Character progression is similar to what it was in Gothic, to learn a new skill or improve an attribute you need to find a teacher. The game has a lot of equipment.

AlexMordor

Arcane
Developer
I have completed the system of picking locks in the game, for picking you will need lockpicks and possession of the corresponding skill.

-The system of hacking is quite simple, similar to what was in Gothic 1 and 2.
-Also, I slightly changed the interface (new bars of hp, stamina, rage, skill buttons are now square and located in the bottom center, I also added a bar of experience)

Development is progressing. Don't forget to add the game to your wishlist in Steam.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1336840/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom