Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Necromunda: Hired Gun from Streum On Studio

PrettyDeadman

I believe you can E and enemy with a shield while their shield is active. This might add to the confusion.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Got to give one thing to the game though, the level design is top notch so far and the 40k aesthetic is pretty spot on.

I'm mostly annoyed how good of a game this could've been if not for some weird design choices and loads of technical issues.

Watched Shilldalore and ShillmanLives reviews, the former thinks difficulty could be improved by removing invencibility while doing takedowns and the latter says the only way you can survive on higher difficulties is by abusing it. Other than that, more or less the same that has been said here.

Beowulf

Arcane
Got to give one thing to the game though, the level design is top notch so far and the 40k aesthetic is pretty spot on.

I'm mostly annoyed how good of a game this could've been if not for some weird design choices and loads of technical issues.

That's Streum On modus operandi in a nutshell.

Siel

Arcane
Patron
Hi everyone,
We’ve been having a blast seeing all of you shoot your way through the mad sprawl of Necromunda since Hired Gun launched yesterday! Thank you all so much for playing, for your support, and for your feedback and bug reports. These are invaluable to us as we work on our first patches.

Getting here has been an incredibly exciting journey. We may be a small team but we made our game LOUD. The team are all delighted to hear that our efforts to create fun, impactful gunplay has been appreciated. We’re super passionate about Warhammer 40k and it feels absolutely wonderful to hear how many of you say we’ve gotten the universe’s sound, look, and aesthetic right. Thank you!

Tomorrow the Warhammer Skulls event kicks off, bringing massive deals across the Warhammer franchise. Hired Gun will of course join in on the fun, with a 15% discount until June 10. We will also be adding a Corsair skin set (male and female), and new knife skin in celebration of this event, available for free to everyone.

What are we working on?
With that said, we’re aware of several technical issues that need to be resolved. We want to assure you we’re working our hardest to fix these as soon as possible. Please read on for more details about what exactly we’re working on and prioritizing.

• Gamepad controls on consoles and PC: The aim assist is currently not working as it should, and there are issues with the sensitivity settings. We’re already finding fixes to these issues and should have these fixed for you in our first update.

• Performance and stuttering: We’ve seen your reports on this issue, including from higher end PCs and gen 9 consoles. While this is definitely a priority for us, fixing this may come gradually across more than one update, since it is an unexpected and complex problem to solve. We’re glad to say that we’ve already found a large number of optimization fixes on Xbox One, which will be included in an update soon.

• Crashes: We’ve already identified and fixed a number of issues, and are doing our best to get these into an update soon. More fixes on this front will follow.

• Sound Mixing: We’ve identified a fix, though it’s proving a time-consuming process. That said, we have already made improvements for our next update.
Here is the full list of fixes that will arrive in our first update:

• A large number of crash fixes (consoles OoM, create/load saves, etc.)

• Several performance and optimisation improvements for Xbox One

• Dialogue sound mixing improvements (global VO volume increased)

• Added missing sound FXs in levels

• Takedown tutorial bug fix which caused you to get stuck

• Gamma settings screen game freeze

• A fix for the 'Who needs weapons' achievement

• Fixes for animations in some cutscenes

• Aiming down sights: incorrect aiming fixed

• FOV bug when aiming down sights
Additional issues that we are currently working on. They have not been fixed at the time of writing, but some improvements listed below may still make it into this early patch.

• Gamepad: Aim Assist system fixed

• Sensitivity and dead zone settings (bug fix)

• Stutters (enemy spawns, LODs, loot management, asynchronous loading)

• Dialogue sound mixing in cutscenes (fine tuning)

• Various fixes on enemy AIs

• Xbox One menu screens in low resolution
We don’t have an exact ETA on when the update will arrive yet, but it will be as soon as possible and we will keep you informed.

Thank you all for playing Necromunda: Hired Gun! Keep your eye out for more updates from us as we work on further patches.

-The Streum On and Focus Home Teams

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/60488/second-community-update

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Why in the fuck are they so concerned with adding player skins to a game where 99% of the time you don't see yourself? The only places where you can see yourself are in the cinematics, and like only 30% of those to boot.

Bad. Design. Decisions.

That being said, they seem to address a lot of the concerns that I have over the game so far, besides the side missions being mostly garbage.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Why in the fuck are they so concerned with adding player skins to a game where 99% of the time you don't see yourself? The only places where you can see yourself are in the cinematics, and like only 30% of those to boot.

Bad. Design. Decisions.

That being said, they seem to address a lot of the concerns that I have over the game so far, besides the side missions being mostly garbage.

Perhaps the game was radically different in the early design phase, and then they changed everything mid-through and kept the art assets for shits & giggles? Just a theory.

People like skins (even if it's just for inventory screen and cutscenes) and it's a thing you can make a pre-order bonus without too much drama.

No mention of unlimited takedowns but I guess that will take longer to balance, if it's even an issue for most players.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
People like skins (even if it's just for inventory screen and cutscenes) and it's a thing you can make a pre-order bonus without too much drama.

No mention of unlimited takedowns but I guess that will take longer to balance, if it's even an issue for most players.

Like someone else said, I just don't do them because they look ugly. But yeah, balance-wise they seem a better alternative than reloading my guns.

It may be the unpopular opinion, but in a 40k game, I actually don't mind melee finishers being overpowered because it kind of fits with the setting. A shame the animations are awful.

I feel like Far Cry is the only franchise that has half-decent first person melee finishers.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
also the devs making the skins aren't the same devs who would be fixing bugs/balancing the game

Siel

Arcane
Patron
Game version is at 0.58 lmao.

Guess i'll come back to this thread in a few years then.

Releasing your software in version 1.0 is not a 100% trend in the development process. Actually it simply depends on your own versioning internal rules and doesn't mean shit. It's not because you go from 0.5.2 to 1.0.0 for marketing reasons that it means shit about the overall quality of your software.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

More like wait for your targets to spawn directly behind you.

Honestly, this "hired gun" premise is completely wasted by the Doom 2016 gameplay. They could've just made you an Ogryn instead and it would've made just as much sense.

lightbane

Arcane
*Checks* Lol, they made no move to hide the game is not even version 1.0. There's one thing to release alphas as a full game, the other to not even bother your product is incomplete and charge full price for it.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I was checking that Gshill video wtf is with those enemy outlines?

Siel

Arcane
Patron
I was checking that Gshill video wtf is with those enemy outlines?
IIRC when you call your dog companion he will mark enemies for you.
Which might help in bland brown'n'gray enviroment.

Shitting on this game is the new trend here but environments are the main selling point, they're everything but bland.

Ce1wLmj.jpg

elSjyj0.jpg

zlhJ8AN.jpg

zzYz4bX.jpg

eeqtmYm.jpg

Hobo Elf

Arcane
It's true that they look nice, but they're pretty much empty save for the odd hidden chest here or there. There's no real point to have a nice looking area when there's very little interaction with it.

Siel

Arcane
Patron
It's true that they look nice, but they're pretty much empty save for the odd hidden chest here or there. There's no real point to have a nice looking area when there's very little interaction with it.

I strongly agree with you on this point, even if there are some (but too few) environmental storytelling if your explore a bit. I was responding to @MotherMachinae who commented on the environments aesthetically.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom