Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Need to re-poll every Codex RPG GOTY survey!

asfasdf

robot
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
So the whole thing is a fraud, what a surprise.

Corvinus

Arcane
Every day I'm more convinced that part of the Codex hates Disco Elysium because they simply can't read.

I haven't played Disco Elysium and nor do I care about it. This is about dishonest handling of the GOTY polls. Removing votes because of some arbitrary reasoning?

How would you like it if you went to vote and those in charge of counting the votes removed yours because they didn't like the style of handwriting? Or "those who vote for party X are commies, let's just put those votes in the dustbin right away"? Either all votes count or none.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
At least we learned that the poll is not valid if it doesn't have Dark Souls or genuine RPGs such as Mystery Sailor X: Rise of the Pink Princess

Last edited:

overly excitable young man

LOL @Tranny Failure speaking as if he's the biggest free speech advocate while he keeps his own little safe space without violent opinions like being called a tranny.

giphy.gif

Humanophage

Arcane
I think it would be interesting to have a new poll where you'd vote for the best game in each year between 2010 and 2019 (as opposed to the whole decade at once - although 2020 is a natural year for such a poll to happen). I loved Pathfinder and ATOM RPG, for example, but at the time when the polling happened, I hadn't tried them yet. I understand the value of GOTY polls because they help publicise certain games at an early stage and they are a reasonable sample of the tastes, but few people play the most recent stuff when the backlog is so long and the new stuff is so buggy until patched.

Mortmal

Arcane
Poll was open to anyone, its not representative of anything by default . Anyone could vote , i'd just use tor browser get as many Ip i want , vote several time giving 4-5/5 on the game i prefer . Of course i give average to bad to everything else randomly . Maybe i did who knows...
I am sure they dont bother to restrict it to registered users not only by lazyness but rather cause it was intended to promote that game no matter the result. They arbitrary put games in the jrpg section, but suddenly an adventure game is nominated as best rpg of the year , of course they got a little bit of that marketing budget . Even if cornered with the evidence , they 'll just name it best of the year "editor choice" . They already did that for ubisoft 's Might and magic X .

Corvinus

Arcane
It does look very suspicious. Not that I expected a high standard to begin with, but still... Money can be made in other ways.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
In the many years I've done this, I've had many real arguments with a lot of people about the methodology. Which is why it's really easy to see none of you really care, know what you're talking about or will ever do anything about it. Go bleed your butthurt somewhere else.

Corvinus

Arcane
Since my post above was awarded the NPC rating instead of taking it seriously, it is now established that:

1.) The polls really were tampered with to create a "desired" result.

2.) felipepepe and friends defend corruption.

3.) Accusing others of being butthurt when it is apparent that it is the other way around doesn't help your cause.

As I asked earlier; How would you feel if someone secretly erased your vote because of some arbitrary reason? Does such a "methodology" seem fair to you?

Corvinus

Arcane
Corvinus It doesn't surprise me because I knew he was a shill but how exactly were the results altered?

Well, I couldn't answer. I hope I'm wrong and they weren't. But since the question whether the arbitrary removal of votes is fair or not remains brushed aside and unanswered... And the butthurt was palpable right away... Who knows?

What prevents someone to strike a deal with a publisher or developer and give them the top awards for a slice of the profits? Similar things has happened before. Just have a gander at this wonderful creature, who didn't do nothing.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Do it, can't wait to see the amazing polls done by people who can't even read properly.

But we all know we won't see anything, you're all too lazy to even try.

Btw since I cant read aswell, how is the filter system applied?
1: A vote that is only Disco Elysium 1/5, no other games rated, is filtered
2: Every subvote that votes Disco Elysium 1/5, even if other games are rated higher in the same vote, has the 1/5 filtered from it and stays otherwise intact.

Just for the record so I might remember to vote bad games 2/5 instead of 1/5 next GOTY round.
The rules has always been "obvious trolls will be deleted".

Obvious trolls include:
- Voting on every game
- Voting on one of the fake games I add to every poll
- Series of similar votes on a fixed time interval
- Voting 1/5 on every game
- Voting 1/5 on a single game (and not voting on anything else)
- Voting 1/5 on every game EXCEPT the one you're fanboying
- Voting 5/5 on every game
- Voting 5/5 on every game EXCEPT the one you hate
- And so on...

And yeah, I reserve the right to decide what's 'obvious trolling'. If you don't like it, the full votes are posted every time, do your own results. Or just do your own poll.
I think they're just trolling you, and you're falling for it. Your polls are just fine.

And you shouldn't have made the method public, because now they'll rate some games 2/5 and Disco Elysium will still get a troll's 1/5.

Now how are you gonna detect them? We're fucked now, buddy.

overly excitable young man

Sad to hear that my vote didnt count. Now i know how it feels to live in a shithole.
But what should i have expected about democratic virtues on the dex!?

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
We need a poll that shows the Codex's opinion on every top 101 game.
I'm pretty sure the top games being so highly rated and also being some of the most casual games in the entire list is no coincidence (if I can play it and enjoy it then it's casual).

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
And you shouldn't have made the method public, because now they'll rate some games 2/5 and Disco Elysium will still get a troll's 1/5.
This has been public since 2014, there's nothing new here. And we won't be voting Disco Elysium again this way.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
The 2020 GOTY will be handled by mail-in ballots to DU in Australia. Because of his recent homophobic news article, the Codex will make amends by mailing the results to Jaesun in the US so he can apply a Gay 100% point bonus to a game of his choice. We expect this to be Baldur's Gate 3. The results are thereafter mailed to felipe in Japan so he can sort out troll votes according to his own discretion (we will pretend this doesn't happen) -- if there are any complaints at all, even a single post, the entire process will begin anew.

Results are expected around winter 2034.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom