Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nemesis Lockdown - turn-based sci-fi horror based on the board game

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

ss_8e5d258ece097ef5244b89a1c449489856c01e44.600x338.jpg
ss_73aac254f0db8d275c4419a1990a129554699055.600x338.jpg

Another digital adaptation from the publisher of Tainted Grail.

Nemesis is among the most successful board games of recent years, currently ranked 17th in the BGG All-time rank with over 20k ratings. It was created as a tribute to classic sci-fi horror movies. Main goal was to create a great horror experience that will write a unique cinematic story with every game. Such a story that you will want to discuss with your friends for some time after the game!

Now, Nemesis Lockdown is going digital! This is a board game recreated in the digital world and since the game is very special to us we wanted the experience to be stellar. This game is targeted at both: Fans of Nemesis, who now will be able to play with their friends online, and new players who may not be too familiar with board games but still want a great sci-fi adventure!

FEATURES:
- Well tested gameplay -
Nemesis Board Game was in a very long development, literally thousands of blind test plays until we got a formula that works. Now – after hundreds of thousands of players around the world played and enjoyed the game – core gameplay of Nemesis Lockdown is very well tested and proven to provide not only great fun (especially when you die), but also breathtaking cinematic moments.

- Cinematic, turn-based horror sci-fi experience -
In Nemesis you do not hunt aliens, this is not a shooter. Weapons are mostly used for defense. Instead, you try to do everything you can to complete your objective and run from the base as far as you can. The presence of other life forms can make this a bit tough.

- Secret goals and hidden traitors -
One of the key mechanics in Nemesis is hidden objectives. Trust no-one, as some of the players you play with might want to kill you or have drastically different ideas about what to do with the current situation. But you NEED to cooperate to survive, so there is a fine line you need to keep with every decision.

- Beautiful fully 3D environment -
We have invested a lot into making sure the game will look right in this new medium. You can expect great graphics, animations, and models to help immerse yourself in the world of Nemesis.

- Solo and multiplayer modes -
You can play the game by yourself or enjoy it with your friends. Thanks to high replayability you will be able to play the game for dozens of hours and every game will be different.

- Refined UX and calculations -
We have added a lot of extra work to create a seamless User Experience flow, that would decrease down-time and make all the calculations in the background while showing players all the important information as clearly as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

GreyViper

Prophet
Good tabletop game, with excellent art and minis. The question is how well it transfers to the game platform. My recommendation give, it a go in Tabletop Sim since it has a good scripted version.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
How is the single-player mode of this game? Is there a campaign or just different scenarios?

Brickfrog

Learned
Havnt played solo but people are saying it's not great.

I'm enjoying the multiplayer but it clearly has a ways to go. everything "works" but it's missing important ui features and "board game" animations. The log is also less than clear. There are no animations or even text for end of game contamination and contingency checks. You are just immediately booted to the score screen and you have to mouseover to find out if you died to infection or contingency. There are dice rolling animations for noise checks, but nothing else.

Also the menu sucks and there are occasional bugs. If you don't mind any of that then there are worse ways to spend $15. It's a functioning, 1 for 1 of the board game that mostly just needs much cleaner ui/animations.

Harthwain

Magister
Colour me very interested. The presentation is superb (the map, the cards, the overall visuals). The gameplay itself gives me the similar vibes to Warhammer Underworlds: Online - I can't stress how cerebral ANY move is in that game. Seems to be the same deal here. Randomization of the base's layout, the sequence of events, the goals and many classes to pick from sound good from replayability perspective. Could be one of the best boardgame-turned-videogame that I have seen.

Brickfrog

Learned
Colour me very interested. The presentation is superb (the map, the cards, the overall visuals). The gameplay itself gives me the similar vibes to Warhammer Underworlds: Online - I can't stress how cerebral ANY move is in that game. Seems to be the same deal here. Randomization of the base's layout, the sequence of events, the goals and many classes to pick from sound good from replayability perspective. Could be one of the best boardgame-turned-videogame that I have seen.
If your interested in digital boardgames that are more complex then risk and monopoly I would also recommend Root.

Difera

Educated
I have been playing this for the last couple of days and while it's rough around the edges, I have been entertained so far. Would recommend it if you like the Nemesis boardgame and things like that.

Also, the UI is not so bad. There are surely improvents to be made during the enemies and event resolve phase, mostly regarding how information is conveyed.

As long as you know the basic rules to the tabletop game, it's very well done. I actually applaud the devs effort to translate the rules almost 1 to 1 to the digital game without dumbing down the roles or excess streamling for casuals.

As some anecdotal evidence, I just played a match where some other guy's objetive was making sure I did not survive and somehow he convinced the 3 other players I was the one trying to kill them (you get to choose between 02 random objectives at the beginning of each match). I did win in the end by escaping the facility. That guy escaped when things turned south and the 3 others got killed by aliens trying to chase me through the base.

It was a very tense and rewarding experience that I seldom see replicated in other games.

Last edited:

Brickfrog

Learned
I have been playing this for the last couple of days and while it's rough around the edges, I have been entertained so far. Would recommend it if you like the Nemesis boardgame and things like that.

Also, the UI is not so bad. There are surely improvents to be made during the enemies and event resolve phase, mostly regarding how information is conveyed.

As long as you know the basic rules to the tabletop game, it's very well done. I actually applaud the devs effort to translate the rules almost 1 to 1 to the digital game without dumbing down the roles or excess streamling for casuals.

As some anecdotal evidence, I just played a match where some other guy's objetive was making sure I did not survive and somehow he convinced the 3 other players I was the one trying to kill them (you get to choose between 02 random objectives at the beginning of each match). I did win in the end by escaping the facility. That guy escaped when things turned south and the 3 others got killed by aliens trying to chase me through the base.

It was a very tense and rewarding experience that I seldom see replicated in other games.
The game works great if your familiar with the tabletop or willing to put in the time to learn it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom