Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Eyeball

Arcane
Hahaha, it's back online, but rolled back to yesterday morning. Lost 10 levels on my thief.

Ah, no matter. MMOs are uniquely pointless anyhow, it would be a bit bizarre for me to complain about "having wasted my time."

One would also like a new guild invite since the rollback seems to have kicked me: Flynn@Yassirfir

anus_pounder

Arcane
Hahaha, it's back online, but rolled back to yesterday morning. Lost 10 levels on my thief.

Ah, no matter. MMOs are uniquely pointless anyhow, it would be a bit bizarre for me to complain about "having wasted my time."

One would also like a new guild invite since the rollback seems to have kicked me: Flynn@Yassirfir

Friend and Guild invite sent. :bro:

Good thing LoR releases tomorrow...or not. I don't expect to be able to play Legacy of Romulus on release date itself, fucking queues man. Worst comes to worst, there is always bioware's sweet embrace in SWTOR. :(

join the darkside in rift

it's like swtor but mildly better

can't go wrong bro

Rift is like SWTOR? Care to elaborate how? Having been in SWTOR from closed beta to launch (never played after launch), and playing Rift lately (was in open beta and played Storm Legion up until January), I find them nothing alike. Neverwinter is the closest game to SWTOR I can think of. Rift is exactly in the same category as WoW, EQ2, and a dozen other games. And I'm speaking gameplay mechanics wise.

Rift F2P is coming June 12th along with a new endgame zone. I'm gonna hop on to check it out as I played Storm Legion lately and still got my endgame char with about 10k plat waiting.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Good thing LoR releases tomorrow...or not. I don't expect to be able to play Legacy of Romulus on release date itself, fucking queues man. Worst comes to worst, there is always bioware's sweet embrace in SWTOR. :(

can't go wrong bro
It is just a blatant WoW clone.

so like swtor... but mildly better

can't go wrong bro

Rift is like SWTOR? Care to elaborate how? Having been in SWTOR from closed beta to launch (never played after launch), and playing Rift lately (was in open beta and played Storm Legion up until January), I find them nothing alike. Neverwinter is the closest game to SWTOR I can think of. Rift is exactly in the same category as WoW, EQ2, and a dozen other games. And I'm speaking gameplay mechanics wise.

Rift F2P is coming June 12th along with a new endgame zone. I'm gonna hop on to check it out as I played Storm Legion lately and still got my endgame char with about 10k plat waiting.

I played SWTOR extensively due to getting it and 6 months playtime for free. It was you most basic WoW-clone except for tons of dialogue. Since RIFT is your basic WoW-clone as well, they're pretty similar.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The rollback is hilarious by the way. No way I'm spending time to make up for grinding all day yesterday.

Percy

Cipher
They are dumb cunts.
Anyway one hour after playing and I have quit this.
I don't understand why you'd play? Dungeons and Dragons online was better.

can't go wrong bro

I played SWTOR extensively due to getting it and 6 months playtime for free. It was you most basic WoW-clone except for tons of dialogue. Since RIFT is your basic WoW-clone as well, they're pretty similar.

I think they are quite different experiences. Rift crafting and material collection is a carbon copy of WoW, SWTOR is the same as Neverwinter. Rift has no personal story instances and story progression is like WoW. Rift is a seamless open world (within continents) while SWTOR is heavily instanced. These are just some things that come to mind.

Rift Storm Legion makes the open world even bigger as the zones are huge. And some of the stuff is quite "planescape'ish" and not your typical elven fantasy. The 1st expansion to Rift is thematically quite like the 1st expansion to WoW was. Burning Legion was in Outlands, Storm Legion is in...

canakin

Cipher
I have finally hit level 60 and pretty clueless where to start gearing up and such end game stuff, anyone got tips? Also Can I join the Codex guild? You guys are on Dragon right? I'm Su Loyalar@Canakin2

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I have finally hit level 60 and pretty clueless where to start gearing up and such end game stuff, anyone got tips? Also Can I join the Codex guild? You guys are on Dragon right? I'm Su Loyalar@Canakin2
Sure, someone who's online is bound to send you the invites.

Also, the best place to start gearing is PvP. If you can rope in some Codexer who has already geared to help you, it'll be even faster.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah. The walls are two dwarven walls. One is flipped, so you have the illusion that it's a high wall. The rest are pieces I put there (braziers, stone torches, fires, arch, giant metal door).

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
You use the 3D Editing tool for finetuning the placement, or did you just tough out the Y positioning?

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
You have the ability to preview the map. In there you can rotate, transition, copy&paste etc. almost everything you place. Buildings are pain in the ass, they can't be moved in the preview. I've to manually write rotations and positions.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
kByRe8h.png

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Kinda lost my fire to level up after the sunday bullshit...made me consider why the hell would I bother to keep playing a cryptic MMO as I pressed f5 on their twitter. I'll get level 60, farm gear and then what? There's no endgame content to make the job worth it. Character customization is also shit, which is incredibly disappointing considering those fuckers made Champions and are using the D&D license that already comes with a dozen classes for them to mess with, in this game after filtering the powers and feats that are complete garbage and slotting all the no-brainers you're left with very little choice. Every GWF has Slam and Roar and Wicked Strike/Weapon Master's Strike on their bar, you get those skills by level 30 and will use them for the rest of your life. With TR is no different (if anything it's worse) and I doubt other classes have much more variety. It doesn't help that all gear looks basically the same so there's isn't even that cheap gratification of getting all decked out in super cool high-end gear that makes newbies drool.

Direwolf

Arcane
Stopped at level 32 after I realised that this game has more corridors and smaller open areas than Metro Last Light.

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Stopped playing as well, aside from what Excidium says I find the game increasingly boring, pve boiling down to press your 3 encounters and dodge red zones/kill infinite waves of add spawns.

eklektyk

Erudite
if it werent for crafting i would be bored too ...

i even rolled myself a rogue ... what an op piece of beatifull ass that is ... in few hours i got to lvl16 and all places when i fucking struggled and spentt hours with cleric she just brizes past ...dps on that thing is a sight to behold

anus_pounder

Arcane
Hit level 60. Maintainance in 30 minutes and LoR in the evening. Maybe I can start PvP equipment grinding tomorrow or later today before LoR. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom