Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I actually prefer this instanced style of MMO. Especially seeing as most quests seem to take place in separate instances. Open-world MMOs rarely do anything other than 'kill x' and 'fetch y.' Neverwinter has those quests too, but there are enough other quests so it doesn't make the entire game tedious.

I like SWTOR's way of doing open world MMO with a few quests in instances. However, I will take open world MMO with few instances over non-open MMO any day.

Neverwinter doesn't feel massive, it feels like a collection of tiny Diablo 3 areas.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Feeling massive ultimately doesn't add much to a game. I'd take something like the Foundry any day over just nice hiking sights you get in something like GW2.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Feeling massive ultimately doesn't add much to a game. I'd take something like the Foundry any day over just nice hiking sights you get in something like GW2.

I wouldn't. Most MMO have pretty shitty gameplay, that goes for all the ones I've tried. I play them to roll around with my friends in a massive worlds, having fun with them.

I played the suggested module From the Shadows for example which was supposed to be really good, and all I could think was "this is like an OK NWN2 mod... why the hell would anyone waste their time on that in this horrible MMO-shell instead of doing it for a proper game?"

Wild Slop

Arcane
Absent minded like I was going through the procedural setting up profession tasks and realized I wanted to do another instead. So clicked cancel...

... wait a sec what was that ding sound?

FUUUUUUUU I didn't hit cancel, I hit finish now! I quick finished an 18 hr hire additional miner for around 70k AD, pretty leaving me with 4k. :eek::x:(

okok calm down just need to tell myself it was karma. Yeah, that might do! It was karma for doing 20 of those Doomguard chest missions.

Gerrard

Arcane
Ouch.

Well, it's not like you have anything to spend them on currently.

J1M

Arcane
What should someone consider doing when they hit level 60 if they don't care about PVP?

Is there some sort of endgame gear vendor or a specific AD purchase one should be saving for?

Gerrard

Arcane
Until the AH comes back, the only other source of gear is dungeons and the seal vendor (and seals come from dungeons, so, yeah).

J1M

Arcane
What about something like a flying mount or a raid unlock key?

Emily

Arcane
There are just dungeons. You can buy some epics(inferior )with AD only, it costs a fortune

Gerrard

Arcane
Are the dungeon queues cross server? I had some cunt rogue named Flow in my party earlier and I can't find him on the player list.

Emily

Arcane
This game seems to be a train wreck/quick cash grab. Depends how you look at it.
The forums remind me of SWTOR in the dying days.
I stooped playing it, and have no desire to go back.

Vaarna_Aarne

Exploits happen, doesn't bother me. The underlying gameplay is very good, jewry is mostly vanity stuff, and the Foundry is excellent.

EDIT: But one request I'd like to make to people who decide to leave: If you have higher quality tools and workmen, it'd be best to give them to someone who intends to stay. Those things are extremely valuable.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
jewry is mostly vanity stuff

I trusted you. Then right before I stopped playing, Juul showed me the shards that gave critical severity.

I'd be more than willing to donate my shit to y'all, but I don't really have anything of note.

Vaarna_Aarne

jewry is mostly vanity stuff

I trusted you. Then right before I stopped playing, Juul showed me the shards that gave critical severity.
There's no jewing going on with those. Those are dropped in dungeons, AND the only thing you need for succesful fusion are... Something you can also get for free. Even the timegating isn't that bad, unless you feel the need to get everything absolutely immediately.

(Incidentally, Vorpal might be the ONLY enchant in the game that's worth taking as high as possible, as the gain in severity is direct % gain that does not diminish)

eklektyk

Erudite
i can always use common/shitty tools/toons for crafting if u dont need them ... with that ah still down im waaaaaay behind shedule with creating my army of crafters ...

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, the problem you have is that to create slotted underwear, you NEED a full set of Mithral tools for the job.

eklektyk

Erudite
Well, the problem you have is that to create slotted underwear, you NEED a full set of Mithral tools for the job.
true
but man need to start somewhere right?? :)
i was buying t1 and t2 common crafters to speed things up thus saving myself 18 hrs wait for each of them ...
cant wait for ah to be back ...

Gerrard

Arcane
Apparently the /gotocharacterselect command does indeed work, but you have to wait the 15 second countdown.

true
i was buying t1 and t2 common crafters to speed things up thus saving myself 18 hrs wait for each of them ...
Do you have 2 characters already? If not, then you can use the seconds slot to make a new character, level to 10, recruit all guys (since it only takes 5 seconds for the first), and either send them all to your main and then delete the character, or keep it and use exclusively for recruiting new dudes while you work other stuff on your main.

Vaarna_Aarne

I've got three alts just recruiting dudes for Leadership, they they're doing that until it's time to start upgrading those for higher tier tasks so they can start raking in extra AD.

eklektyk

Erudite
Apparently the /gotocharacterselect command does indeed work, but you have to wait the 15 second countdown.

true
Do you have 2 characters already? If not, then you can use the seconds slot to make a new character, level to 10, recruit all guys (since it only takes 5 seconds for the first), and either send them all to your main and then delete the character, or keep it and use exclusively for recruiting new dudes while you work other stuff on your main.
already in the proces of grinding second char ... :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom