Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Sure.

So where ARE dragon eggs acquired from?

Gerrard

Arcane
You have sold an item in the auction house to "Some dude" for 70000 Astral Diamonds. The net income after fees is 63000 Astral Diamonds.
The clothing industry is the future.

Vaarna_Aarne

We must invest in high quality tools.

EDIT: Turisas you still playing man? If you're thinking about eloping the gulag, I suggest you leave your tools and comrades for the glorious collective to advance the Codex cause!

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
We must invest in high quality tools.

EDIT: Turisas you still playing man? If you're thinking about eloping the gulag, I suggest you leave your tools and comrades for the glorious collective to advance the Codex cause!

Shush, I'm playing Morrowind. I should be done sometime in late july, I guess.

J1M

Arcane
Sure.

So where ARE dragon eggs acquired from?
Try fucking a dragon and waiting 9 months. Right, DraQ?

Wtf Vaarna_Aarne, why are you brofisting this? Clearly human and dragon incubation periods are not the same. Additionally, everyone knows from the draconomicon that dragons can lay eggs up to once a year and the eggs are laid a quarter of the way through the incubation period. You would need 3 months, max, to produce an egg if you found a willing dragon.

:rpgcodex:

Data4

Arcane
I'm all in on this shit. I plan on LARPing my ass off.

gameclient2013052701525.jpg

Vaarna_Aarne

You should see the backstory texts I've written so far in Champions and STO, and I dont' even get to larp with them! :(

Gerrard

Arcane
Is Sytorry@sytarry someone from the Codex? He's been at Mount Hotenow at level 56 for the past 3 days, pretty sure online all the time I was. Bugged?

Vaarna_Aarne

Could be someone's bro. The guild is open for bros/homeboys/cybernegros/Zionist Agents from outside of the Codex too.

Andhaira is not allowed in tho. Not unless he joins the STO fleet as well as Captain Aladdin of USS Djinn.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
I actually prefer this instanced style of MMO. Especially seeing as most quests seem to take place in separate instances. Open-world MMOs rarely do anything other than 'kill x' and 'fetch y.' Neverwinter has those quests too, but there are enough other quests so it doesn't make the entire game tedious.

I like SWTOR's way of doing open world MMO with a few quests in instances. However, I will take open world MMO with few instances over non-open MMO any day.

Neverwinter doesn't feel massive, it feels like a collection of tiny Diablo 3 areas.
I'd agree mostly, but I've found ToR confining itself to corridors far too often. I do however like the open world + instanced story locations way of doing things. It's just the open world just isn't open enough - and that's no good. Then there is the fact that in ToR you're fighting too often for limited objectives in the open world with other players, which I haven't really found in something like Rift. Honestly though, Cryptic's system really is the worst.

Vaarna_Aarne

I am very pleased to announce that as of today we have Level 20 tailoring access.

I actually prefer this instanced style of MMO. Especially seeing as most quests seem to take place in separate instances. Open-world MMOs rarely do anything other than 'kill x' and 'fetch y.' Neverwinter has those quests too, but there are enough other quests so it doesn't make the entire game tedious.

I like SWTOR's way of doing open world MMO with a few quests in instances. However, I will take open world MMO with few instances over non-open MMO any day.

Neverwinter doesn't feel massive, it feels like a collection of tiny Diablo 3 areas.
I'd agree mostly, but I've found ToR confining itself to corridors far too often. I do however like the open world + instanced story locations way of doing things. It's just the open world just isn't open enough - and that's no good. Then there is the fact that in ToR you're fighting too often for limited objectives in the open world with other players, which I haven't really found in something like Rift. Honestly though, Cryptic's system really is the worst.
I strongly disagree. For one thing, other people are more like pests and parasites in a shared adventure zone, and secondly there's only so much you can do with a shared adventure zone beyond "do x amount of y". I think focusing on something that can actually create interesting and creative content like the Foundry was a much better design choice than any number of large zones.

pocahaunted

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom