Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Mystary!

Arcane
For those interested, my last quest is finally online: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...lict-between-sworn-enemies-But-it-ended-badly
Due to nonlinearity, there might be some bugs and I want to catch them. I'm also interested in any spelling errors, if you find them.

I played your adventure and I liked it, especially the attempt to make some real choice and consequence in an game not designed for it. I understand you probably had to have the GM presnt as a away to check the choices but it would've been nice if the rest of the GM expositions were handled via screen messages instead of dialogue windows.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
For those interested, my last quest is finally online: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...lict-between-sworn-enemies-But-it-ended-badly
Due to nonlinearity, there might be some bugs and I want to catch them. I'm also interested in any spelling errors, if you find them.

I played your adventure and I liked it, especially the attempt to make some real choice and consequence in an game not designed for it. I understand you probably had to have the GM presnt as a away to check the choices but it would've been nice if the rest of the GM expositions were handled via screen messages instead of dialogue windows.

Impossible to do. The third quest has even more C&C.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I actually prefer this instanced style of MMO. Especially seeing as most quests seem to take place in separate instances. Open-world MMOs rarely do anything other than 'kill x' and 'fetch y.' Neverwinter has those quests too, but there are enough other quests so it doesn't make the entire game tedious.

I like SWTOR's way of doing open world MMO with a few quests in instances. However, I will take open world MMO with few instances over non-open MMO any day.

Neverwinter doesn't feel massive, it feels like a collection of tiny Diablo 3 areas.
I'd agree mostly, but I've found ToR confining itself to corridors far too often. I do however like the open world + instanced story locations way of doing things. It's just the open world just isn't open enough - and that's no good. Then there is the fact that in ToR you're fighting too often for limited objectives in the open world with other players, which I haven't really found in something like Rift. Honestly though, Cryptic's system really is the worst.

Agree 100%

Gerrard

Arcane
I think I broke something in the first area, I went to the hunter first, then while picking flowers found the ruined house, when I returned to the hunter I got dialogue for the ghost quest and I was like "What ghost?", and only afterwards I fo9und the hermit and the ghost.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I actually prefer this instanced style of MMO. Especially seeing as most quests seem to take place in separate instances. Open-world MMOs rarely do anything other than 'kill x' and 'fetch y.' Neverwinter has those quests too, but there are enough other quests so it doesn't make the entire game tedious.

I like SWTOR's way of doing open world MMO with a few quests in instances. However, I will take open world MMO with few instances over non-open MMO any day.

Neverwinter doesn't feel massive, it feels like a collection of tiny Diablo 3 areas.
I'd agree mostly, but I've found ToR confining itself to corridors far too often. I do however like the open world + instanced story locations way of doing things. It's just the open world just isn't open enough - and that's no good. Then there is the fact that in ToR you're fighting too often for limited objectives in the open world with other players, which I haven't really found in something like Rift. Honestly though, Cryptic's system really is the worst.
Not even the same type of game. SWTOR is a WoW-clone. Neverwinter is meant to be an hack and slash "MMO" a la Vindictus or TERA, and only fails when it tries to emulate WoW clones instead of being more like an action RPG or even a regular action game.

eklektyk

Erudite
shitty gateway is fuckin broken ...
lost like 1800diamonds from crafting assigments that i done there but never recived in-game..super cool and all that
at least xp are counted corectly

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I think I broke something in the first area, I went to the hunter first, then while picking flowers found the ruined house, when I returned to the hunter I got dialogue for the ghost quest and I was like "What ghost?", and only afterwards I fo9und the hermit and the ghost.

Fixing it right now.

EDIT: Done. Thank you for finding this bug.

J1M

Arcane
Just finished an epic mad dragon run. Group was fine until the last boss. Had a couple of wipes. Used a new strategy I suggested, and we downed it first try. I'm sure someone else has thought of this, but it worked well so I thought I'd share.

The two hellfire magus that spawn are limited to a max of 2. Killing them is pretty much wasted dps since they respawn shortly after. Since we had two wizards, I had myself and the other each take one of them to CC continuously. After doing a force choke and a repel, I would turn back to the boss and fire off a ray of enfeeblement + a volley of magic missiles or help the cleric who was responsible for killing the little mephits with aoe. A rogue stayed on the dragon with the tank.

When the periodic waves of more dangerous adds spawn at certain health percentages, the rogue swaps and everyone dropped their daily powers. It was actually easier to handle these moments than normal, since the hellfire magus were already at low HP from the CC damage and died quickly. When the really big devil spawns at 30% hp, have the tank pick him up until the group kills the other adds.

Also, that fight takes too long.

Eyeball

Arcane
It's pretty good. It's major flaw is that it isn't City of Heroes. Meaning that there's really not all that much incentive to party for much of the content, making it a single-player game a lot of the time.

Gerrard

Arcane
1WrFF43.png

J1M

Arcane
Fun little run against the werewolf just now. Thanks to Early Bird and Loki.
The werewolf king died in the maw of the mountain.
WloHdqa.jpg

Also, fuck image hosting sites. When did they become such annoying cunts?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom