Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

eklektyk

Erudite
barely anyone plays it now ... so geting team for epix dungeon will be extremely hard ...

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
A valid observation.

And again, if I'm online but in STO or CO, just send me a PM and I'll see if I can come aboard.

Gerrard

Arcane
By the way, if you think you have too much AD this seems like a good moment to buy some Zen, at 320 and dipping below.

Vaarna_Aarne

Nah, would never do that. Unlike AD, Zen's always priced the same and acquirable on-demand in that manner. AD on the other hand is precious and scarcer.

Cool name

Arcane
What shard are all of you creeps in? I do not have a lot of online time lately but, well, I have a weakness for Tieflings.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
agassi.jpg

Vaarna_Aarne

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I won't outrule me and my friends' return at all, eklektyk (regarding there not being many players). I just think there are plenty of better alternatives right now. As I said, I like the combat system plenty. When this is polished in a year or so, perhaps. For now, it is too buggy, shallow (sooo shallow) and empty.

Cool name

Arcane
this can get interesting :) [post char name/acc so we can add u to da Guild ]

Seo Nabi@seonabi

I am sooo imaginative.

I do not know if I will be playing a lot, though. I do kind of like the game but my gaming PC is already on RoK and all I have to play is, well... This. And for some reason I can play shit like Dragon Prophet without a hitch but Cryptic gonna Cryptic and most special effects (spells, fire, etc) do look either totally pixelated or do not appear at all. It is kind of crappy. I did have the same problem with Champions Online on this machine so I guess I will have to live with the terribad graphics until I do finish my magical witchy journey and move to RoK myself.

Using a kinship term: 언니 (eonni, "older sister" if speaker is female), 누나 (nuna, "older sister" if speaker is male), 오빠 (oppa, "older brother" if speaker is female), 형 (hyeong, "older brother" if speaker is male), 아줌마 (ajumma, "middle aged woman"), 아주머니 (ajumeoni, also "middle aged woman" but more polite), 아저씨 (ajeossi, "middle aged man"), 할머니 (halmeoni, "grandmother") of 할아버지 (harabeoji, "grandfather"). In Korea it is common to use kinship terms for people who are not family at all. The term 아가씨 (agassi, "young lady") is preferable when addressing a young girl of unknown age. It is mostly seen used in public places like restaurants. But it will also sometimes be used by men in pick-up lines. By definition, the actual difference between 아가씨 and 아줌마 reside in marriage status and not age.

Fix'd it for ya.

I was going for the same effect they did get by calling 'Ajeossi', the movie, like that. :P

Dragon, and Tieflings make excellent wizards.

And Warlocks. If they don't add Warlocks to the store I am going to be sooo pissed. :( Even more so when we have that the 'Wizards' in the game are kind of, say, Warlocks without the fantabulous flavor. :sadpanda: I miss when D&D Wizards were all about playing 'gotta catch 'em all' with spells.

To be honest the entire logic behind me being an early player instead of waiting until after I did finish journey-ing and moving is 'When they do add Warlocks I will have enough crystal thingies to get the Zen without needing to grind.' :oops:

Especially my foundry quests. :smug:

Search for Havoc988

I did play through them.

I did not really like the first module. The second module, however, was my favorite with the small C&C and the crazy fights (at least for this game: Potion Spam > All). The dungeons were kind of meh but they did show some promise. I did like the third module but it does need a bit more polish: The C&C is cool but we are given those big areas to explore with nothing in them, the dungeons are corridors (which was kind of sadpanda after the previous modules had that 'simple but with promise' dungeons), and for the most part the fights are kind of meh. It is kind of badly balanced: You do have those longs stretches of doing nothing but run around and kill mobs, then something cool does happen but the scenes are rushed and the dialogue kind of rough, then more long stretch of doing nothing, then more rushed and rough coolness. I did like the end, though: The battle against both dudes was a pretty OMG EPIC moment. Is there however a way to make it harder? It wasn't OMG EASY but it wasn't HARD either. It was kind of anticlimatic that my solo level 11 wizard with no skill points invested at all other than to get the, uhm, Force Choke spell was not totally ROFLSTOMPED when she got trapped in the Geometry for, like, thirty seconds, but I do not mind that much because you are kind of forced to fit the idea into the game as it is build.

I would have loved to get you-know-who as a companion after I did pick the 'servitude' ending. :( Damn Cryptic and their stupid Forge limitations.

I did find a little bug, though: When I did begin the third module the GM did ask me what did I pick when the dude with the PH name did meet me in the sewers back in module two. Problem is, dude never did meet me in the sewers in module two. :S I did pick the Zenths just because it did fit my Chaotic Asshole alignment but...

I also got another little bug but I do not think that one was your fault: In the first 'open area' I did find the entrance by chance, just fooling around and stuff. Then I went back to the camp and did start doing sidequests and exploring, and eventually I did leave the game for a while. When I did get back, though, I couldn't go back to there to finish the quests, and instead the game sent me to the 'next' area, the one I had found the entrance to. :( My completist little heart was broken.

And sorry I did only tip on the last one. :S I should have done so on the second one too but I do not have too much time to play, I do not yet have a feel for how easy/hard is it to get crystal thingies, and I do want to (slowly) save up for the eventual Warlock class. Once I have more crystal stuffies I will replay it and tip you for that one as well. :)

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I did play through them.

I did not really like the first module. The second module, however, was my favorite with the small C&C and the crazy fights (at least for this game: Potion Spam > All). The dungeons were kind of meh but they did show some promise. I did like the third module but it does need a bit more polish: The C&C is cool but we are given those big areas to explore with nothing in them, the dungeons are corridors, and for the most part the fights are kind of meh. It is kind of badly balanced: You do have those longs stretches of doing nothing but run around and kill mobs, then something cool does happen but the scenes are rushed and the dialogue kind of rough, then more long stretch of doing nothing, then more rushed and rough coolness. I did like the end, though: The battle against both dudes was a pretty OMG EPIC moment. Is there however a way to make it harder? It wasn't OMG EASY but it wasn't HARD either. It was kind of anticlimatic, but I do not mind that much because you are kind of forced to fit the idea into the game as it is build.

I would have loved to get you-know-who as a companion after I did pick the 'servitude' ending. :( Damn Cryptic and their stupid Forge limitations.

I did find a little bug, though: When I did begin the third module the GM did ask me what did I pick when the dude with the PH name did meet me in the sewers back in module two. Problem is, dude never did meet me in the sewers in module two. :S I did pick the Zenths just because it did fit my Chaotic Asshole alignment but...

And sorry I did only tip on the last one. :S I should have done so on the second one too but I do not have too much time to play, I do not yet have a feel for how easy/hard is it to get crystal thingies, and I do want to (slowly) save up for the eventual Warlock class. Once I have more crystal stuffies I will replay it and tip you for that one as well. :)

I have limits on budget and I didn't want to make those big areas full of encounters. I did however provide content. There's a sidequest that begins in the first area. You need to find the hermit that everyone is talking about. In the Divide, yes there's little to do, but you're on "time limit". There's a sidequest, but you need to have the sidequest completed in the previous areas.
Most of the time I wanted to give the player two choices - fight or help. Also you can speed up somethings thanks to having a certain class. Doing all this nonlinear stuff may have made the areas more empty. The budget went to making the quest the most nonlinear I could.

I can make it harder, but I need to keep in mind that not everyone will have it easy as you do.

I couldn't make the companion there. I was on budget limit on the last map. I wanted to make some ending slides, when the DM talks about certain persons, they show up behind him. Couldn't. Budget didn't allow.

I don't know if it's a bug, tell me if this was correct (in the second quest):
To make Pharius show up in the sewers, you need to kill the agent and join the Harpers?
On side note: To make Lisandra show up in the crypt, you need to save the agent and join the Zhentharim.
It shows the NPCs that there's still hope.

You might want to replay these quest. The second one varies mostly on the first map (the inn stuff) and the last part (the final fight and last talk). The third quest varies on the first, second part. The rest is similar, but lorewise different.

I also got another little bug but I do not think that one was your fault: In the first 'open area' I did find the entrance by chance, just fooling around and stuff. Then I went back to the camp and did start doing sidequests and exploring, and eventually I did leave the game for a while. When I did get back, though, I couldn't go back to there to finish the quests, and instead the game sent me to the 'next' area, the one I had found the entrance to. My completist little heart was broken.

Yeah, that's something I can't fix.

Vaarna_Aarne

And Warlocks. If they don't add Warlocks to the store I am going to be sooo pissed. :( Even more so when we have that the 'Wizards' in the game are kind of, say, Warlocks without the fantabulous flavor. :sadpanda: I miss when D&D Wizards were all about playing 'gotta catch 'em all' with spells.

To be honest the entire logic behind me being an early player instead of waiting until after I did finish journey-ing and moving is 'When they do add Warlocks I will have enough crystal thingies to get the Zen without needing to grind.' :oops:
Warlocks are supposedly coming after Rangers come out, whether or not the class is free is a mystery.

eklektyk

Erudite
grind some leadership and u will have lots of diamonds for stuffies
and do dailies skirmishes and domination pvp ... free diamonds every day
and if u need some specific items/help shout and somebody will sourely hear:)

Vaarna_Aarne

grind some leadership and u will have lots of diamonds for stuffies
and do dailies skirmishes and domination pvp ... free diamonds every day
and if u need some specific items/help shout and somebody will sourely hear:)
And don't forget to praise Allah.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
EVERY.

GODDAMN.

HOUR.

at least religion in nw is real, everytime you pray you get a bunch of random useless presents, you know the stuff your grandma used to buy you for your birthday when you were a kid.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't think you need to do it every hour, just every 10 hours. Every 20 you'll get those coins, but every 10 hours you'll get additional AD. Pray before big battles, like in the dungeons. The blessings are only 15min.

Cool name

Arcane
@ Havoc: I did a bit of research on that 'budget' thingie and, man, do I feel like a bitch now. I did not know the foundry had those constraints so do not mind some of the criticism.

@ Vaarna_Aarne: Yay. Tiefling + Warlocks = I'm in my happy place. T_T I hope they are free but, well, this is Perfect 'I heard you Feddies want carriers so I have decided to let you have this ship that's arguably worse than the carrier Klinks get for free but will cost you 2500 zen.' World. -_-U

@ Eklektyk: Yay for Leadership. I did pick Leadership to focus on because I did like the idea of my Chaotic Asshole half-demon witch being a mercenary commander so I guess LARPing did save the day. :oops: Since we are at it, how do you get more, uhm, 'Duty Officers'? I just have the one soldier I did get in the recruitment mission. Will I get more recruitment missions every now and then or do I have to buy them somewhere?

Vaarna_Aarne

I've done nothing but recruit mercenaries endlessly with three alts that are purely for Leadership. I think I'll start upgrading them to Guards when their leadership reaches level 10. That should be enough to present some Rank 3 mercs that you need for last tier of assignments.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom