Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
GWF basically just needs better tanking more than anything else, since without dodge it's something the class SHOULD do.
Nah...Specially not with the protecting paladin being an upcoming class, the GWF simply being a little hybrid tank would just make them even as unnecessary as they already are. What the GWF is supposed to excel at is area damage, almost every single GWF ability has an aoe component to it, if they are being outclassed at that then that's what they need to balance.

J1M

Arcane
I occasionally inspect other guards.

One that looked human (can't say for sure) had:

18 STR-----13 INT​
27 CON-----12 WIS​
18 DEX-----15 CHA​

The 27 Con especially made me jealous.

Compare to my

18 STR-----12 INT​
26 CON-----12 WIS​
16 DEX-----10 CHA​

Is there gear that ups your attributes? Cause I feel gipped.

Racial attributes?

Gerrard

Arcane
Does anyone else have flickering companion models in town? It just started happening randomly likie 2 days ago.

Gerrard

Arcane
And, frankly, I don't give a damn about any of them. Maybe warlock.
Does anyone else have flickering companion models in town? It just started happening randomly likie 2 days ago.

Most likely cause is that your graphics settings changed.
I didn't change anything. However, I'm pretty sure they changed something about displaying large number of characters on the screen, and the range at which they appear.

Cool name

Arcane
Paladins and Rangers before Bards and Druids. Yeah, totally not behind it. :(

Archer ranger, scourge warlock and protecting paladin are the next classes

Has the order of release been confirmed? In the forums it did seem no one was sure about the Warlock or the Ranger coming first, though everyone does seem to accept the Paladin will be third.

Edit: Also, Cryptic gonna Cryptic. I did kind of expect them to have learned from Champions Online and not have tails and horns and shit clipping through everything. Yet, alas, my tail does go through the poor horsie's gut to come out his ass and my hoods have no holes for horns.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well, they've got a hype site which has some forest shown, which probably means Ranger is the first and imminent.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
And in the state of the game update they said the next class is "ranged" with the quotes and everything.

Wild Slop

Arcane
I caught wind of some exploit involving wards no more info than that.

Archer ranger
Ha. Can I play as a manguy too?

Paladins and Rangers before Bards and Druids. Yeah, totally not behind it. :(
All those classes interest me, especially the Bard. The Paladin is going to make me regret my choice of guard all the more now... probably.

Shards are one of the items I am jealously keeping for myself atm but I don't really know what exactly each one will do to know which ones I'll want. I have a small collection going, so are there any types any of you are aiming for? Maybe we could swap some around?

Wild Slop

Arcane
Good for the bans. Do you know what exactly they were doing?

I figured as much for the ranger, I assume ranger class with the archer path being the only one available at first. Its just the way that hits my ear that reminded me of "manguy".

Gerrard

Arcane
Fuse enchants with coalescent ward without actually using one up, or with the chance of lower level gems.
I think they didn't actually fix the bug yet.

Cool name

Arcane
So I am going to re-roll to min/max my starting stats to be a crit wizard. Is there anything I have to keep in mind to do this other than to go full Cha/Int, get a lot of +crit equipment, get a kitty if I don't get bored of the grind for crystal thingies before that, go renegade when I unlock those feats, and max heart of the storm or whatever is it called?

Also, are the crystal thingies account bound or character bound? By which I mean, can I keep my crystal stuffies or I am better off unbinding my mercenaries, sending them to myself by mail, and then converting what remains into Zen?

Edit: Dat gateway thingie is awesome. Sending my duty officer dudes to do missions without even login to the game? Bleep yeah. Did they implement this for STO as well?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So I am going to re-roll to min/max my starting stats to be a crit wizard. Is there anything I have to keep in mind to do this other than to go full Cha/Int, get a lot of +crit equipment, get a kitty if I don't get bored of the grind for crystal thingies before that, go renegade when I unlock those feats, and max heart of the storm or whatever is it called?

Also, are the crystal thingies account bound or character bound? By which I mean, can I keep my crystal stuffies or I am better off unbinding my mercenaries, sending them to myself by mail, and then converting what remains into Zen?

Edit: Dat gateway thingie is awesome. Sending my duty officer dudes to do missions without even login to the game? Bleep yeah. Did they implement this for STO as well?
Technically the crystals are character bound, but you can "transfer" them through the Exchange by making offers that are simply so bad nobody will get them (except crazy people, but then you can buy more AD with the Zen you made off a chump).

As for the stuff needed, basically just get the standard optimal number of ability points, meaning don't go for two peak values. IIRC the best combination is 19 at the highest, followed by 16, and all the non-class stats at 10 (due to their small effect, a min-maxer will want to have the highest total of ability points). Every stat up, raise Int and Cha as mentioned.

For gear, the PvP gear with Azure gems slotted to Offensive will give you plentiful Crit chance. Eye of the Storm is essentially extra further damage, and you'll want to use either Evocation (extra AoE damage) or Shock Spell (don't know the exact amount it causes, never used it) for more damage. Renegade is the best skill tree as well, Chaos Magic is awesome.

I can post my build later if you wish.

Gerrard

Arcane
Don't use the gateway for collecting tasks that reward AD, it's still broken.

And wouldn't 16/16 be better than 17/14?

Cool name

Arcane
I second that question. Going with a Tiefling (and there's nothing that can convince me of NOT being a Tiefling :oops:) 16/16 would turn into 18/18 given the +2 to both Cha and Int, with 12 wis and 10 in everything else. The other 'best' one would be 20 int, 15 cha, 13 wis, 10 in two other things and 8 in the last one. Wouldn't that 3% crit chance be more useful in the long run than the 2% damage and the 1%, uhm, whatever it is Wis does?

And do please post your build so I can get a better idea of how everything works. There seems to be a single 'Crit' based wizard build in the Forum, which is from where I got most of my ideas and inspiration. :?

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Gonna be 60 soon. What's the best way to farm for gear? Pvp or dungeons? (gwf)

Gerrard

Arcane
I am terrible at math, but I think it goes something like this:
Critical severity starts at 75% so that would be 0,02 * 0,75 = 0,015. So that's 1,5% extra damage on average, versus 1% from INT point.

Cool name

Arcane
I am terrible at math, but I think it goes something like this:
Critical severity starts at 75% so that would be 0,02 * 0,75 = 0,015. So that's 1,5% extra damage on average, versus 1% from INT point.

According to the Wiki CHA for Control Wizards does add Critical Chance, not Critical Severity. Nao I am kunfused. :?

That's why I wanted to go full CHA: 1% critical chance and 1% combat advantage damage per point over 10 does seem to synergize pretty well with some of the renegade feats and all that.

Edit: Oh, wait. I am stupid. Now I see what you did here. -_-U I fail at math. Sorry.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom