Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Neverwinter Nights 2 adulations at Hooked Gamers

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Tags: Neverwinter Nights 2; Obsidian Entertainment

Another very positive <a href=http://www.hookedgamers.com/reviews/2006/11/neverwinter_nights_2/>review</a> of Neverwinter Nights 2 comes around, this time from <a href=http://www.hookedgamers.com/>Hookedgamers</a>. Seems they find <a href=http://www.obsidianent.com/>Obsidian</a>'s title to be a winner and their veredict is a <b>9/10</b>.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>
<br>
It is incredibly difficult to explain why this game is so great without spoiling it. Sweeping, dramatic encounters later in the game are burned into my memory; Chapters 2 and 3 contain some of the best game material I have ever had the privilege to play. The actions of party members, guided by how you treat them, are even sweeter when they stand beside you – or bitter when they betray you. Only two things keep Neverwinter Nights 2 from being a ‘perfect’ RPG in my mind – pacing issues with the first Chapter, and some technical bugs and difficulties (many of which have already been addressed in patches). There is also a minor issue with a few artistic images being displayed instead of cut-scenes, but that is perhaps personal preference. To further illustrate how much I enjoyed this game, let me share with you this one little tidbit: Xfire has recorded me playing the game for 83 hours, and I have only played the campaign portion. From what I have experienced of the toolset, it is even more powerful than the one included with the original Neverwinter Nights – I fully expect to see at least as much player-made content for Neverwinter Nights 2.
<br>
</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
And as much digging for pearls among the mud, I guess.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.hookedgamers.com/">Hookedgamers</A>

YourConscience

Scholar
In science digging in the mud is solved by a profound peer-review procedure. Basically, this is what I'd expect from a gaming magazine, to give me reviews and recommendations for good games and mods. Given that gaming magazines barely manage to give good reviews for game and do not manage at all to at least review (I am not even talking about doing good reviews) mods, this is a sad state. The only two ways, currently, to help yourself to some recommendations about good modules, mods and other such non-official stuff is either download numbers or discussions on forums.

Or does anyone know of a good online (or print) magazine where they'd regularly review the newest mods and give overviews of existing mods for the games that get modding attention? For example that other recent thread here at the codex about morrowind mods was simply great! I'd want such a thing for more games! I'd like to know which mods exist for Freelancer, which ones for X3 and so on, but I don't want to go to thousands game-specific forums to read them all. And even if I'd do that, usually there I find only summarizing lists of *all* mods, but I'd like to have something like a linuxdistribution, where someone puts though into which mods fit well together to create a new gaming experience!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom