Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir is Golden

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Jason, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Jason chasing a bee

Jason
    Tags: Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir; Obsidian Entertainment

<a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/static/EkkVupZVVlGUQnlnqw.php" target="blank">GameBanshee</a> has word that <b><a href="http://www.obsidian.net/games/nwn2soz/index.html" target="blank">Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir</a></b> is a done deal.
    <br>
    <blockquote>NEW ADVENTURES DRAW NEAR AS ‘NEVERWINTER NIGHTS™ 2: STORM OF ZEHIR’ GOES GOLD
    <br>
    <br>
    – Development Complete on Second Expansion Pack for Celebrated Role-playing Title, on Target for Worldwide Launch November 2008 –
    <br>
    <br>
    NEW YORK, NY – October 31 2008 -- Atari and Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE:HAS), today announced that development is complete on Neverwinter Nights™ 2: Storm of Zehir. Developed by world-renowned studio Obsidian Entertainment, the second expansion pack for the acclaimed Neverwinter Nights 2 delivers thrilling original D&D® adventures made even more exciting by a host of new gameplay features.
    <br>
    <br>
    Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir builds on the strong tradition of Dungeons & Dragons computer games by marrying old-school concepts like full party customization and dungeon crawling with new innovations, such as a fully 3D Overland Map feature which allows for free exploration of the non-linear game world. The gripping storyline foreshadows the events that devastate the land of the Forgotten Realms in the Fourth Edition of the Dungeons & Dragons Role-Playing Game, released in June 2008.
    <br>
    <br>
    The Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir Overland Map feature lets players explore the Chultan Peninsula and Sword Coast in a way never before possible in any Neverwinter Nights game. Players will explore well-known locations, like Neverwinter and Crossroad Keep, alongside lesser travelled areas, such as the xenophobic jungle nation of Samarach. Vicious monsters and groups of bandits populate the Overland Map, and the farther from civilization the player roams, the more difficult the encounters become.
    <br>
    <br>
    The 20 to 30-hour campaign in Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir introduces new classes, including the fearsome Hellfire Warlock and the daring Swashbuckler, as well as brand-new spells, creatures, and playable races. Fans of the compelling multiplayer features of Neverwinter Nights 2 will be able to play through Storm of Zehir's campaign in the online cooperative mode, while modders can use the included editor to create their own campaigns and Overland Maps to share online.</blockquote>
    <br>
    <i>Thanks to Jaesun for spotting this.</i>
    <br>
    Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com/">GameBanshee</A>

^ Top  
  2. Saxon1974 Prophet

Saxon1974
    Wow so the game is actually gonna come out next month?

I heard Mysteries of Westgate would come out first, apparently not. Does this mean that SOZ will not have DRM?

^ Top  
  3. Rean Instructor Patron Sad Loser

Rean

I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
    Dungeon crawling.... oh dear.

Can't believe this is from the same guys who made MotB.

^ Top  
  4. Xi Arcane

Xi
    Hey asshole....do you have a problem with my buddy "Dungeon Crawling?" If so, you can take that up with me personally. I take care of his light weight!

Nothing wrong with some dungeon crawling so long as the dungeons have some depth, difficulty, and reward.

^ Top  
  5. Hazelnut Erudite

Hazelnut
    Shit, I still haven't quite polished of MotB - I'd better get back to it. (not been playing games at all for 3 months-ish)

^ Top  
  6. Texas Red Whiner

Texas Red
    Dungeons in theory are awful. I'd rather have some room with a few guards and a huge boss instead of corridors. Hopefully ZoS will have actually challenging big monsters instead of hordes of trivial opponents.

^ Top  
  7. dragonfk Erudite

dragonfk
    I am startled because a game mag in Poland actually has a review of SoZ. The magazine will be published this Tuesday.

^ Top  
  8. thesheeep Arcane Patron

thesheeep
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    English version, then. Obviously.

..... I hope.

^ Top  
  9. OldSkoolKamikaze Arcane Patron

OldSkoolKamikaze
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Nice. I think I'm going to replay MotB before then.

^ Top  
  10. Hazelnut Erudite

Hazelnut
    Just finished MotB. Overall I'd give it a solid 8/10. Would be higher if it didn't have the awful NWN2 RTwP combat. NWN2 lasted 3 hours before I could stand no more and just got on with installing MotB.

*possible spoilers ahead*

Was an evil monk/sacred fist who took Safira to the dark side in every way. Was loving the ending where we became the most feared couple in the land, and then sat there mouth open when she gets killed by one of many. :shock:

You reap what you sow. Wonderful experience which I'd replay immediately if I could just skip the combat and on rails bits. Maybe in a year or more I'll take it for another spin.

Definitely looking forward to SoZ.

^ Top  
  11. Texas Red Whiner

Texas Red
    I'd suggest going through SoZ first since you get to know your character class better. Getting in to the game with a 18 level char with ludicrous amount of spells and abilities is annoying every time.

^ Top  
  12. Ogg Prophet Patron

Ogg
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    Refreshing news. In the eye of the FO3 cyclone.

I'm not exactly a dungeon crawler fan either, especially with a boring system like BG/NWN real-time-with-yawn. But trading and world exploration seem well implemented. Playing as a team is also a welcomed change. And of course there are dinosaurs! (falling for the hype, you say?)

^ Top  
  13. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    TONY K'S MOTHER FUCKEN AI!!! <3

^ Top  
  14. PrzeSzkoda Augur

PrzeSzkoda
    Project: Eternity
    Can't say the thing didn't pique my curiosity. I'm setting my hopes relatively high for this one after Mask of the Betrayer. Especially due to the "team dialogue" system they've been hyping, makes me wonder how well they manage to pull it off.

^ Top  
  15. Azrael the cat Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Azrael the cat
    If it's as good as expectations, then here's hoping it doesn't flop because of being released far too close to FOblivion...

^ Top  
  16. Murk Arcane

Murk
    hmm yes, i agree. the idea of a group of people making products that are not all the same is most distressing.

^ Top  
  17. Naked Ninja Arbiter

Naked Ninja
    Day 1 buy for me :)

^ Top  
  18. Wyrmlord Arcane

Wyrmlord
    Yes, because Obsidian should stick to only one audience and one formula. :?

Can't you be happy with MotB and leave SoZ anticipators be? :P

^ Top  
  19. Curois Novice

Curois
    Only unintesting new PrCs. No exciting and challenging PrCs like Mystic Theurge. Or real improvements like a real spellbook for Assassins and Blackguards.
    Gonna skip on this one probably, even though MotB was very good IMHO.

^ Top  
  20. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
  21. Deacdo Liturgist

Deacdo
    While this is good...what ever happened to that downloadable module everyone was so hyped about?

^ Top  
  22. Lesifoere Liturgist

Lesifoere
    Mysteries of Westgate? Planescape: Purgatorio? The former is in DRM hell; the latter, who knows.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.