Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights (NWN & NWN2) Modules Thread

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Hey again guys. In response to my comment about being excited again by NWN, I have to also say. There is just something comforting and nice about NWN, that for me makes it a joy to play! Combat feels great @ 60FPS, very crisp graphics on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 tablet. I also play on PC and i feel the game still has a certain charm to the graphics, sort of like coming home to a warm house and a good meal. The leveling up is great, and the loot system is just awesome, old-school D&D plus imaginative as heck in each module I have played. The questing is fun, there's often lots of lore and dialogue to dig into and enjoy, and if u play the D&D modules u get even higher tier lore to sink your teeth into, which i always enjoy. In short, I think it's a great story PLUS gameplay CRPG, it ticks all the boxes for me and it's great to revisit and play the endless amount of quality modules time and time again.

Ok, back to your normal thread stuff. :P Cheers guys! <3

Gargaune

Magister
Just a heads up, the EE got patched to .33 which is supposed to fix the bug with the tile lights. Sourcing the changelog from Steam since it's the only place I've found it.

Greetings from the Neverwinter Nights team!

We’re pushing Build 85.8193.33 to the live branch!

Patch notes:
  • Fixed local multiplayer failing with error 110622
  • Fixed a crash when some PLT textures failed to load
  • Fixed area tile source lights showing up as red when they previously were off after a game save & load
  • Fixed some pathfinding regressions where creatures had difficulties leaving corridors/rooms
  • Fixed a crash in the GetPlayerDeviceProperty script call when passing in an invalid player object
  • Updated Steam SDK to version 152. This should fix the Mac M1 build not running natively when launched from Steam
  • Added a message box when the user directory fails to initialise (instead of crashing). This is most commonly caused by Antivirus preventing write access to the Documents directory

This will be the last stable patch in a while! We want to thank you all again for your continued feedback!

I wonder if they simply listed the fix as disabled lights going to red as a matter of expediency or if they didn't notice that the other lights were also cycling. Either way, it should be fixed but I can't go testing at this time, I actually just rolled back to .27, my last tried and tested build, since I've got some maintenance to do this weekend.

rogueknight333

Arbiter
So, rogueknight333, whats the ETA on Ch 5? I've been replaying swordflight recently and I'm fiending for my next swordflight fix

Bad news first: I indicated earlier that I hoped to have Ch. 5 out by the end of the year, and I am not going to make that self-imposed deadline. I am definitely getting closer to completing it, and I might well even have a complete "first draft" done by the end of the year, but even if so it will still require a few additional months of play-testing before it is ready for release.

The good news (perhaps) is that the delays are not due entirely to my laziness and incompetence (though those have played their role) but also because I decided to add in some additional material that should hopefully improve the quality of the final product. This includes, among other things, a lot of extra class-specific stuff beyond what I originally planned, including mini-quests that will allow Blackguards, Shadowdancers, and Palemasters to upgrade their summoned allies in a similar manner to the upgrades to Familiars, Animal Companions and summoned Elementals.

Chapter 5 is getting there, but unfortunately there is still a bit of work to be done on it.

After having a blast playing through Swordflight Ch. 1 on NWN 1.69, I've decided to try playing Ch. 2 on EE. My save transferred over perfectly, and I've played a couple of hours wihout issue. Looks great, and EE runs much better for me at higher resolutions. Hope it doesn't glitch out later...

swordflight-chapte_0039k3r.jpg

rogueknight333

Arbiter
Theoretically, any module playable on Diamond should be playable on the EE as well. In practice, the EE has introduced game-breaking bugs into some older modules. This has sporadically included Swordflight, though whether there are serious bugs and what they are has varied from one patch to another. It is a lot safer to play it on Diamond, but some people have managed to to complete it on EE without issue.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I finished SF's first chapter on EE, so I can report that it seems to run just fine.

Just don't make the same mistake that I did by doing it with a cleric, do it with a martial class.

rogueknight333

Arbiter
I finished SF's first chapter on EE, so I can report that it seems to run just fine.

For now. Unfortunately, Beamdog's patching tends to introduce new bugs on a regular basis.

Just don't make the same mistake that I did by doing it with a cleric, do it with a martial class.

Not sure that is a mistake. A fighter might be slightly stronger than a cleric at low levels in Ch. 1, but clerics are much more powerful in the long run.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
They had the Enhanced Edition on special from GOG a couple weeks ago and I got it and all the extra stuff for dirt cheap.

Decided to play through the original campaign for nostalgia. Took forever deciding what class, but I followed my heart and stuck with the race and class I love the most, half-orc barbarian. Taking one level of fighter to get heavy armor proficiency and extra feat, but other than that barbarian all the way.
MU1vxNz.jpg
I love that not only am I getting negative reactions for being a half-orc (as it should be), but also for my abysmal low charisma score of 6. It is a great touch having everyone saying I look like a thug or pirate.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Man I must have played this game a ton when I was a teenager. I still remember a lot of where the quests are and what to do.

I've grown more depraved with age though. I'm listening to my henchman Tomi tell his tale about how he seduced a human woman and how she didn't treat him as a lesser just because he was a halfling. First thought that popped into my head was that this woman must have been a pedophile to want to have a halfling's tiny dick inside her.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
For now. Unfortunately, Beamdog's patching tends to introduce new bugs on a regular basis.

Not sure that is a mistake. A fighter might be slightly stronger than a cleric at low levels in Ch. 1, but clerics are much more powerful in the long run.

Clerics are easily the most OP class in NwN

Gargaune

Magister
Why? It’s a shit game with no redeeming qualities save for MotB.
Because its technical problems are relatively easy to resolve. Nothing could save the OC, content-wise, but NWN2's interfaces and controls could be massively improved with just a few weeks of work. Throw in a graphical spruce, and you've got one of the most worthwhile Enhanced Editions published.

rogueknight333

Arbiter
Clerics are easily the most OP class in NwN
When you can rest at will.

Yeah. But even if you cant (e.g. swordflight) they are still op compared to other casters...

In the long run, yes. However, to clarify, in a module with severe resting restrictions, a fighter is arguably better at low levels (e.g., in Swordflight Ch. 1 specifically). In that scenario, the cleric has only a few rather weak spells that can only rarely be cast, so most of the time he is effectively playing as a fighter with worse options for weapons, fewer HP, and -1 to AB. As they level up and gain more spells, longer-lasting buffs, and more scrolls and such to supplement their innate casting, Clerics eventually become much stronger than Fighters.

plem

Learned
I found that Paladins are the easiest to play in Swordflight 1, the boost to saving throws and eventually the immunity to disease help with all the nasty conditions inflicted by the spiders and undead

Against my instincts, I installed A Dance with Spies, and although I like the sneaky spying thing, there is some interesting content.

15min in, and here I am, uncovering some ancient abandoned studio under the public library, and on my way out through the main study rooms, I encounter (that) Imoen masturbating to an anatomical encyclopedia. Off we are to a great start.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom