Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New ads

Psilon

Erudite
I see that the ad banners have changed again. Has Sorcerers gone to an all-Google setup?

Also, can we blame Ausir for the "Inzeráty Google" in the listing for Site Feedback?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I love dumb internet ads.

RPG Training & Books
RPG with SQL, ILE, eRPG, RPG Skills Accelerator - and much more! www.lab400.com

Might get me some Morrowind training mabbe?

Featured Training
RPG Subprocedures Workshop – Your RPG code can now be simpler to write, easier to maintain, readily reused in new applications, and truly modular. This new training developed by Craig Pelkie makes using power ILE RPG subprocedures easy. RPG Subprocedures Workshop gives you hands-on labs that show you how to write practical ILE RPG subprocedures that you’ll use every day.
Bugger, seems it's been built for ex-BiS developers and not gamers in need of a hand.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Yup, Amazon is out, google is in. Google is nice because they try to focus on the content of the webpage that you're currently looking at.

Psilon

Erudite
Really? Then why does Site Feedback contain the following ads?

Crohn's & Colitis
Foundation of America. Learn about treatment, coping, & help.

United Way
Your investment has the power to improve lives where you live.

Asian Developing Nations
Invest in education for girls in Nepal, Vietnam, India & Cambodia.

American Diabetes Assoc.
Your trusted source for diabetes research, resources and information.

Unless the third link is for Exitium's college fund (zing), I don't think any of these are relevant to the site. Ah, the joys of Google advertising...

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I've changed ads for RPG Codex because the response to previous ones was extremely poor... hopefully these will make Codex bring in at least a few bucks every month. They're pay-per-click, but don't go on any click-fests because Google will detect any cheating and just ignore the clicks. If you do see something of interest, however, don't be shy to click.

The charity ads are placeholders for when Google has no suitable ads to show... unfortunately, this seems to be exceedingly often. :?

I'll probably come up with my own replacement for those since they're up way too often.

EEVIAC

Erudite
My brother has Crohns - bloody nasty disease. What's good for you Taluntain? A click a day - every two days - a click a visit?

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Clicking on the charity/health ads doesn't earn any money, unfortunately. If it did, I'd be more than happy to let them run.

As for the rest, the more clicks the better (just nothing excessive)... I'm not allowed to encourage anyone, as per google rules, so I won't say anything more on the subject. This was just to explain how the new ads work.

Greenskin13

Erudite
Hmm. If RPGCodex starts to get involve with charity, then charity ads would be related to the site. Then would you get money for those ads, no?

All we have to do is start a section on saving Saint P. from his deadly disease.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Psilon said:
Unless the third link is for Exitium's college fund (zing), I don't think any of these are relevant to the site. Ah, the joys of Google advertising...

Fuck you, I don't live in a third world country.

Deathy

Liturgist
Sure you do. Didn't you know, all countries that aren't the United States of America are third world. Do you live in USA?

I don't, and it's third world fun!

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Greenskin13 said:
Hmm. If RPGCodex starts to get involve with charity, then charity ads would be related to the site. Then would you get money for those ads, no?

No. Not to mention RPGCodex starting to get involved with charity is highly unlikely.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I dunno, I was thinking of Ritalin for Real Time Only Gamers would be a nice charity.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom