Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

New ads

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Psilon, Feb 22, 2004.

1. Psilon Erudite

Psilon
    I see that the ad banners have changed again. Has Sorcerers gone to an all-Google setup?

Also, can we blame Ausir for the "Inzeráty Google" in the listing for Site Feedback?

^ Top  
  2. DarkUnderlord Professional Throne Sitter

DarkUnderlord
    I love dumb internet ads.

RPG Training & Books
    RPG with SQL, ILE, eRPG, RPG Skills Accelerator - and much more! www.lab400.com

Might get me some Morrowind training mabbe?

Bugger, seems it's been built for ex-BiS developers and not gamers in need of a hand.

^ Top  
  3. Saint_Proverbius Administrator Patron

Saint_Proverbius
    Yup, Amazon is out, google is in. Google is nice because they try to focus on the content of the webpage that you're currently looking at.

^ Top  
  4. Psilon Erudite

Psilon
    Really? Then why does Site Feedback contain the following ads?

Unless the third link is for Exitium's college fund (zing), I don't think any of these are relevant to the site. Ah, the joys of Google advertising...

^ Top  
  5. Greenskin13 Erudite

Greenskin13
    Nothing wrong with a little compassion.

^ Top  
  6. Taluntain Most Frabjous

Taluntain
    I've changed ads for RPG Codex because the response to previous ones was extremely poor... hopefully these will make Codex bring in at least a few bucks every month. They're pay-per-click, but don't go on any click-fests because Google will detect any cheating and just ignore the clicks. If you do see something of interest, however, don't be shy to click.

The charity ads are placeholders for when Google has no suitable ads to show... unfortunately, this seems to be exceedingly often. :?

I'll probably come up with my own replacement for those since they're up way too often.

^ Top  
  7. Saint_Proverbius Administrator Patron

Saint_Proverbius
    Well, you do know that I am diabetic.

^ Top  
  8. EEVIAC Erudite

EEVIAC
    My brother has Crohns - bloody nasty disease. What's good for you Taluntain? A click a day - every two days - a click a visit?

^ Top  
  9. Taluntain Most Frabjous

Taluntain
    Clicking on the charity/health ads doesn't earn any money, unfortunately. If it did, I'd be more than happy to let them run.

As for the rest, the more clicks the better (just nothing excessive)... I'm not allowed to encourage anyone, as per google rules, so I won't say anything more on the subject. This was just to explain how the new ads work.

^ Top  
  10. Greenskin13 Erudite

Greenskin13
    Hmm. If RPGCodex starts to get involve with charity, then charity ads would be related to the site. Then would you get money for those ads, no?

All we have to do is start a section on saving Saint P. from his deadly disease.

^ Top  
  11. Sol Invictus Erudite

Sol Invictus
    Fuck you, I don't live in a third world country.

^ Top  
  12. Deathy Liturgist

Deathy
    Sure you do. Didn't you know, all countries that aren't the United States of America are third world. Do you live in USA?

I don't, and it's third world fun!

^ Top  
  13. Taluntain Most Frabjous

Taluntain
    No. Not to mention RPGCodex starting to get involved with charity is highly unlikely.

^ Top  
  14. Saint_Proverbius Administrator Patron

Saint_Proverbius
    I dunno, I was thinking of Ritalin for Real Time Only Gamers would be a nice charity.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.