Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Arc Line - Arcanum-inspired, modern Party-Based RPG

Ninjerk

Arcane
https://newarcline.com

https://af.gog.com/en/game/new_arc_line?as=1649904300

18lrz3zv7n291.png

Reposting announcement from Reddit:
Hey, r/arcanum! I’ve been an Arcanum fan since I finished my first playthrough of this cult classic all these years ago. I absolutely loved the plot, characters, music, and the entire atmosphere of the game, it was unbelievably good. Few other games managed to influence me this deeply. I got into game development with a dream of creating immersive crpg’s like Arcanum (also Planescape Torment, Baldur’s Gate, and others).

And now I’m proud to say that together with Ukrainian game development studio Dreamate Games we are developing New Arc Line - a modern Party-Based RPG set during the Gilded Age of Magic and Technology.

You can learn a bit more about the game on our website here - https://newarcline.com/

Arcanum has inspired many aspects of the game beyond being set in a steampunk world. We want to explore similar features that made it so unique and memorable.

Magic vs. Technology

The central conflict between magic and technology defines both the lore and mechanics of the New Arc Line. There’s no middle ground - where one is present, the other falls short. You will have to make a choice and it won’t be easy.

The dark side of progress

In order to create a believable and troubled world, the game will not shun the less glamorous aspects of the age: prohibition law, bootlegging, banditry, corrupt cops, child labor, sweatshops, the legacy of slavery, and segregation of fantasy races. Player discretion is advised.

Deep progression system

New Arc Line will feature a highly detailed character system with several races, backgrounds, spells, skills, crafting recipes, and technological schematics. You will also manage a party of characters representing different archetypes, and use their unique synergic abilities.

Choices that matter

The fate of this world will depend on your decisions, and each new player character will have a unique experience.

The game is in a pre-alpha stage, so consider this a special announcement for fellow fans. Ask anything and I will gladly answer!

There will be a closed playtest soon, so if you want to get behind the scenes and influence how the game will turn out to be - leave a comment and join our subreddit r/newarcline!

Last edited by a moderator:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Was feelin' it then they came with the asanine modern day SJW speak.

I don't care what game you are making, if you have orcs, I am gonna be unashamedly racist towards those evil scum. And, if you claim your 'orcs' are peaceful herbivores who love everyone, those aren't orcs. Orcs - BY DEFINITION - are evil violent monsters.

Period.

So, take your 21st century code words, and shovem up your ass, nazis.

Otherwise , seems to have potential...

Mauman

Learned
I will be cautiously interested in this...

I don't mind orcs being different in different settings, but I will be turned off if this game drinks TOO much of the progressive kool-aid.

It's a shame that good ideas are ever threatened by having ham-fisted political messages shoved in with all the subtlety of Tolkien Orc juggling chainsaws.

Well, here's to hoping it doesn't go that route :D

Dodo1610

Arcane
Yeah, it's definitely no action RPG, I think it is closer to FF12 combat where everything moves in real-time but you are only allowed to make one action per turn.

Codex Year of the Donut
Yeah, it's definitely no action RPG, I think it is closer to FF12 combat where everything moves in real-time but you are only allowed to make one action per turn.
Or akin to Eschalon. Jesus, rusty are you pretending again?
looks like an action rpg to me

"reee you didn't scrutinize every single microsecond of the video to determine exactly what sub-sub-sub-genre it is!"
uhhh okay

wishbonetail

Learned
Can I ditch the angsty bitches and play solo?
Also, combat looks like KotoR now. A least there are no dodgerolls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom