Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Bungie game - concept art released

Sul

Savant
After Microsoft take Halo from the hands of Bungie and giving it to the 343 Industries so they could turn it into a CoD clone I thought they would close bungie down, but I was wrong.

2zpnpqb.jpg

More info:
2rc534x.jpg

2e4wwp3.jpg

2rniigx.jpg

sser

Arcane
Developer
Bungie is a good studio. I liked the first Halo a lot -- a decent sci-fi FPS? Count me in. Didn't care much for the bloated sequels, but I don't fault Bungie for that. I'm interested to see what they can do next.

Edit after reading game details/MMOpalooza: Nope.

Baron

Arcane
Nice concept art. Usual supervillian evil in the boardroom though.

According to the contract, unsealed as part of the ongoing lawsuit between Activision and former Infinity Ward bosses Jason West and Vince Zampella, “Destiny” is a “massively-multiplayer-style” game, and the genre as having “client based mission structures with persistent elements.” Bungie plans to go beyond four games and four add-ons with the franchise, comprising “a blend of retail packaged goods sales, subscriptions, downloadable content, value-added services and micro-transactions.”

source: http://www.gamesthirst.com/2012/05/...s4-and-xbox-720-its-destiny-bungies-new-game/

More concept art : http://au.ign.com/articles/2012/11/28/destiny-story-details-concept-art-leaked

Sul

Savant
Knowing Bungie I'm ok with hub-based MMO. If there's one thing they know how to do is a fun multiplayer experience.
The concept arts from IGN also looks pretty noice.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
They speak of ambition yet it sounds like exactly every sci-fi setting ever created in the past 10 years. Gameplay will probably be like a MMO CoD with facebook integration. Social media all over the place. Are the people who made Myth and Marathon even working for Bungie anymore?

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Concept art looks cool, but that doesn't mean a good or even interesting game. Activision is involved too, nothing good ever comes of that. Interest in this fell to zero.

Phelot

Arcane
Jason Jones is a bro, but now that this BS is done with (they were contracted to do it) they can now make MARATHON!!! They'd better not fuck it up, though.

Also, I wonder if that is Craig Mullins concept art.

EDIT: I also wish Bungie would have made a single player RPG during their golden years. Pathways into Darkness was good and I suspect they could have made a really good cRPG setting albeit with sucky rules, no doubt.

Phelot

Arcane
They speak of ambition yet it sounds like exactly every sci-fi setting ever created in the past 10 years. Gameplay will probably be like a MMO CoD with facebook integration. Social media all over the place. Are the people who made Myth and Marathon even working for Bungie anymore?

Well, Jason Jones, but otherwise, not really.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
The game shows potential for latex suit women a cool sci-fi setting.

I dunno dudes. If it's competitive and grindy and no-lifey (think World of Warcraft), I will definitly play it. Because I like latex am a loser.

waywardOne

Arcane
Destiny is designed for your inner seven year old.

As awesome as my 7-year-old self was, there's nothing that entertained me then that would entertain me now (besides masturbation).

Destroid

Arcane
Shame they don't have the money or desire to go indie. I'm sure they could have kickstarted millions (although probably not the 50-100mill budget they will get from blactivision).

Machocruz

Arcane
Great, more 'science' ficiton that has nothing relevant to show or say. We don't have enough of the pew pew and guys in funny uniforms.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom