Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Bungie game - concept art released

Sul

Savant
According to /v/ there's easter eggs that point to a game called Destiny since Marathon. Well, must be some kind of dream project that they finally managed to get off the concept table.

Belami

Educated
I'm pretty excited for anything Bungie has to throw at me to be honest.
Is it the same team from the original Halo games, or partially?

Phelot

Arcane
According to /v/ there's easter eggs that point to a game called Destiny since Marathon. Well, must be some kind of dream project that they finally managed to get off the concept table.

Bungie has something of a habit of carrying on certain trends and creating conspiracies, like the recurrence of the number seven in the Marathon Games and, if I understand correctly, in Halo. At the end of Marathon Infinity, it is suggested that the PC becomes immortal and God like. That he will survive the collapse of the universe. Durandal says in the final screen "Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time. I know who you are. You are destiny." DUM DUM DUUUUUUM!

Those platform traitors at Bungie better shape up and release a PC version, or do these fucks still feel loyalty towards Microcock?

Heh. They bacame platform traitors when the abandoned being Mac exclusive.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Bungie will fail, they're fucking horrible at managing their projects and with Activision as their publisher... :lol: Oh boy.

Phelot

Arcane
I have no idea about Halo era Bungie, but previously they were fairly good. None of those pre 2000 devs were particularly genius when it came to management and self publication, but they certainly grew, made profit, all the while pushing good games.

L'ennui

Magister
Yeah, and Bungie was probably one of the better outfits in that regard.

Anyways, it'll be real interesting to see where Bungie tries to go with this game, I think they have a lot of potential. I hope there'll be some tie-in with their other games, as there usually is even if it's very subtle.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom