Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Codex Blood Bowl league?

Garm

Learned
Is there a timeframe for when the new league is going to happen? I was in the one last September, but my laptop fried--I'm back with a new desktop and feel like playing BB again.

TripJack

Hedonist
i dont know jack about blood bowl but ill gladly join and get raped

if i can find the key anyways

scratchmonkey

Educated
I just got back into it and I have a little more time than I did last time I played, I'm in.

(Maybe, just maybe, I'll win a game this time.)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
There's a bunch of us been talking about it over PM. The mood is generally in favor of a new league soon. Three questions remain: Client (FUMBBL or Cyanide), admin and TV? MicoSelva is a good choice for admin, methinks, but he couldn't do it before I think August? As for client, I'd personally like Cyanide, since I've been playing a ton of FUMBBL and so I favor a change of scenery. But I'm ultimately fine with whatever client.

As for TV, there's been some discussion about this. We've had tons of league where everyone started with new teams, so I'd like a league with TV of up to 2000. Maybe a bit less. If we use Cyanide's client, it could be cool to see some of the old Codex BB League teams. I know I'll be bringing out ol' Dead Money if I get the chance (though I hardly remember how that team looks).

So yeah, I'm definetely game.

scratchmonkey

Educated
I'd do either Cyanide or FUMBBL. I'd prefer to play with new teams; if we do Cyanide, I could break out my old Norse team, although I think they only played 3 matches.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I would really like to not play with new teams - I've played enough 1000TV teams to last a century.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Doesn't matter much to me either way, my teams are shit level anyways.

A thought: this time can we have a strict limit on how long someone has to set up their match? Last time I was in this it sort of crumpled because the guy I was matched against (among others) wasn't around for like a month or two. And then I wasn't around because I stopped giving a fuck after waiting like 3 months for a match between it taking forever for the league to catch up to me and then my match being delayed.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The Cyanide leagues I've played in have had a rule of one match per week. The one who fails to report in the thread when time limit is exceeded gets a loss and the other gets a win. If both players fail to report they got a draw.

Garm

Learned
There's a bunch of us been talking about it over PM. The mood is generally in favor of a new league soon. Three questions remain: Client (FUMBBL or Cyanide), admin and TV? MicoSelva is a good choice for admin, methinks, but he couldn't do it before I think August? As for client, I'd personally like Cyanide, since I've been playing a ton of FUMBBL and so I favor a change of scenery. But I'm ultimately fine with whatever client.

As for TV, there's been some discussion about this. We've had tons of league where everyone started with new teams, so I'd like a league with TV of up to 2000. Maybe a bit less. If we use Cyanide's client, it could be cool to see some of the old Codex BB League teams. I know I'll be bringing out ol' Dead Money if I get the chance (though I hardly remember how that team looks).

So yeah, I'm definetely game.

Is there any way I can edit the thread to add a poll, or would I have to make a new topic? It seems like most of us are fine with either client, but we should get that and the TV sorted out so we can get this thing moving.

Anyway, I don't care which client we use...I haven't used FUMBBL but I wouldn't mind trying out the Underworld or Chaos Dwarf teams. What ruleset does it use, CRP? Or have they adopted the NTBB rules? If they have then I'm completely in favor of FUMBBL...a gobblin team with 3 trolls sounds fun.

I don't care what the TV is...guessing my Cyanide account has been pruned so I'd most likely be starting fresh anyway.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Let me make the thread, I have a bunch of people I can tag in it. Will make it soon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom