Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

Sykar

Arcane
TemplarGR values the story, immersion and C&C, not the combat and systems aspects.

There were story, immersion and C&C in DA II? There were good combat and system aspects in DAO?
DA 2 story was all right and companions interactions were engaging. It's everything else that sucked big hairy balls.

Big hairy balls coated in shit and sprinkled with diarrhea.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Anders also took a turn as a character, from "the well-meaning joker" trope to the "went over to the dark side"/"took a dark turn" trope. At least it seemed to happen gradually.

alyvain

Learned
Big hairy balls coated in shit and sprinkled with diarrhea.

Well, that was specific

DA 2 story was all right and companions interactions were engaging.

It was frustrating as hell. The game unfolds like a small-scale adventure to establish your character in the changing world which I think urges for one of the following:

a. Age of Decadence type of structure, so you see how your position in the world or the world itself change corresponding with your actions. Then, for instance, the fact that you installed Aveline as a captain of a city guard would have to matter in the end, because you got an independent and relatively powerful peace-keeping organisation during the Templars dictatorship during the Act III. Or the fact that you have ties with the mercenaries or the thieves'll have to somehow affect your standing and connections in the world during the later game. There are a lot of things in DA2 that are supposed to work like that from the story perspective, but in practice there were little to no consequences to your action.
b. TV-chronicle type of structure, with gradually changing characters and nice scenes and events. In that case, the story would have to be somewhat consistent. But DA2 is a clustefuck in terms of plot development and continuity.

In the end we got shit. The story is just as stupid and tedious as the waves of enemies materialising out of thin air.

God I hate this game.

:argh::argh::argh:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
DA 2 story was all right and companions interactions were engaging. It's everything else that sucked big hairy balls.

I liked the art style too. I know some hated it, but I dug it. I also liked the faster animations for RtwP, which is something I wish DA:O had. Backstabby rogues feel super powerful, which I liked. Everything else about the combat was ass though, and of course repetitive content... It's a very frustrating mix of good and horrible.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
The DA2 combat animations are trash, from a functional viewpoint. The player is forced to wait for the 'finishing' autoattack animation to... finish, which can screw up tactical timing. The staff animation is particularly long.

Citizen

EA should continue the franchise with a Mass Effect Kart game where people would race on those stupid lunar rovers from ME1

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
With Mass Effect reboot or something rebooting Dragon Age would mean that Magisters upon entering the golden city became the darkspawn and the blight is the manifestation of repressed sexuality. And they attack the surface to exterminate lgbtqoklzasmx+ humans.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The DA2 combat animations are trash, from a functional viewpoint. The player is forced to wait for the 'finishing' autoattack animation to... finish, which can screw up tactical timing. The staff animation is particularly long.

Have you played DA:O? The character actions are ten times slower.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Reminds me of that first part of NWN where everyone is dying from the plague, life imitates art eh.

Zeriel

Arcane
Incoming another decline from what remains of Bioware! :popamole:

I'm not sure we can even call it "decline" at this point. It will probably be a mess that can't even be called a properly executed game, which is kind of the prerequisite to be together enough to influence the genre into a decline.

Dodo1610

Arcane
So the game makes the full transition to action RPG though I don't get why they felt the need to state that Dragon Age 4 will have companions. If they already have their companions and are doing voice actig the game has to be a lot closer to release than I thought.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom