Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

Voids

Augur
This guy doesn't seem to fit.

r4Rh554.jpg

Ladies Love Cool Jon

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh rly? Where's this avalanche of mature dark fantasy RPGs? All I'm seeing are retarded juvenile jRPGs and woke Western garbage.

I did write fiction instead of games. There are no lack of garbage modern fark fantasy books that just follows the fad.

It will be the same shit with RPG so good riddance

ADL

Prophet
Leave the bubble. Normies loved Inquisition for the same reason they love shitty television shows on Netflix with 25+ episodes a season and multiple seasons. It's something to pass time. They don't care about quality. It's all about quantity and offline MMOs like Inquisition and Kingdoms of Amalur are incredibly cheap and mindless ways to pass time.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
I wonder what being a rebel is like in such places.
"Whoa, look at that punk. A collared shirt, a pressed suit, non-dyed hair... I'd never dare dress like that, has he no shame?"
"He must be swimming in pussy, going for all them wild stay at home, christian girls. I bet he even goes to church to pray with them, the degenerate fiend."
"I hate the bastard, but you gotta give it to him, he's got some balls. Imagine, he said "Good morning, officer" in public! People were so shocked they didn't even call him a racist."
Patrick Weekes identifies as "they" now, just FYI.

Nyx

Novice

Looks like more Inquisition tbh, if it doesn't play like a singleplayer MMO this time it might be okay. I also like the de-powering angle, since they have never really delivered on their silly power fantasies anyway, although they came closer than usual with parts of Inquisition.
That close up camera in the gameplay design segments worries me the most
Seems clear to me that they are abandoning that weird combat system from DA2 & DAI and going full Dark Souls. I would bet on a party assist system like Mass Effect, instead of full party control.
If only, that's what ppl said last time when early Inquisition footage was shown. Bioware just didn't want to abandon the pretense of making a BG style RPG despite that the game would have been better for it. Just give me a fantasy themed Mass Effect you dweebs.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I wonder what being a rebel is like in such places.
"Whoa, look at that punk. A collared shirt, a pressed suit, non-dyed hair... I'd never dare dress like that, has he no shame?"
"He must be swimming in pussy, going for all them wild stay at home, christian girls. I bet he even goes to church to pray with them, the degenerate fiend."
"I hate the bastard, but you gotta give it to him, he's got some balls. Imagine, he said "Good morning, officer" in public! People were so shocked they didn't even call him a racist."
Patrick Weekes identifies as "they" now, just FYI.

He is identified as a massive faggot.

Turbo normie

Scholar
Inquistion wasn't only shit because of the dreadful solo mmo map design filled with fetch quests.
Most of the characters were poorly written.
I don't mind faggot dragons, lesbian halflings nor gender-queer spellcasters AS LONG AS THEIR FUCKING SEXUALITY ISN'T THE SOLE THING DEFINING THEM.

A well made male character may have a diamond buttplug, enjoying to gag on giant's dick, as long as you ignore it, what's the matter ?

Those blue haired developpers should really focus on their "epic world, epic journey, wow so cool magic xD". How many inches their creations can take in the ass should be the very last dialogue option if they can't help but self insert themselves. NOT THE VERY FIRST THING AFTER "HELLO, PLAYER"

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
As much as I hate this shit franchise, honestly I hope this is a critical and commercial success so that way Bioware doesn't break up and these people don't infect the few remaining studios I actually like or split off a hundred different ways and create a hundred times the
decline.png

There should be a place where we can put all decline devs and keep an eye on them. A place where all the decline is concentrated. Perhaps some sort of camp.

RepHope

Savant
Leave the bubble. Normies loved Inquisition for the same reason they love shitty television shows on Netflix with 25+ episodes a season and multiple seasons. It's something to pass time. They don't care about quality. It's all about quantity and offline MMOs like Inquisition and Kingdoms of Amalur are incredibly cheap and mindless ways to pass time.
I’ve seen quite a few people turn on DAI after it came out.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
As much as I hate this shit franchise, honestly I hope this is a critical and commercial success so that way Bioware doesn't break up and these people don't infect the few remaining studios I actually like or split off a hundred different ways and create a hundred times the
decline.png

There should be a place where we can put all decline devs and keep an eye on them. A place where all the decline is concentrated. Perhaps some sort of camp.

In some remote, isolated location... Perhaps in Edmonton?

Cael

Arcane
That close up camera in the gameplay design segments worries me the most. Bioware always go on and on about family and emo shit, and their games reflect that and if you can't stand that shit why are you even in this thread. The visual design looks alright so far, the concept art is interesting. That close up third-person camera whacky-whacky looking shit though... hmm.
"Going on and on about family" and "have a fetish about homosexuality". Something about those two in the same set of "values" seems a bit off...

Robber Baron

Savant
If they will give player the option to avoid woke routes and fix the MMO tier gameplay(no hopes here sadly) I will be very happy. DAI always gave you the option to slap shit and drop faggots if you wanted and I could easilly rolepay a normal character. Now MMO combat is probably staying and that's the thing I hated the most. Thankfully there's BG3 on the horizon, so Dragon Age does not hold the monopoly on AAA high fantasy anymore.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Dragon Age 1 was cool

Dragon Age 2 was kindda shit except for the cool premise of one city and time jumps

Dragon Age 3 was utterly horrific, not even due to the drama, just the completely warped gameplay was enough to dump it quickly

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yes, as I recall there was actually rather little SJW hysteria surrounding Dragon Age Inquisition's release. There was some LOL RIDE THE BULL stuff but people moved on from that fairly quickly. It was 90% about the gameplay being repetitive and boring.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Inquisition didn't do that already?

It should have, and it almost did despite the GOTY awards, bizarrely good reviews and fairly brisk sales.

Some suits somewhere deep in the black heart of EA, made this call. DA4 was not going to be a thing before the release of the next gen consoles.

DAI always gave you the option to slap shit and drop faggots if you wanted and I could easilly rolepay a normal character.

That's damning with faint praise.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
I really liked Origins's tactics system. So many options to set the behavior of your party members, not having to babysit them all the time. Then, in Inquisition they reduced them to like 3 or 4. After the marketing of "by PC players for PC players" and yet limited to 8 action hotbar (when DAO you had multiple bars of 10 or 20 actions and I downloaded a mod to add more), tactical camera barely controllable with mouse and keyboard, orders not being obeyed if given while paused etc.
DAO had no sequels

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom