Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
The Outpost in Andromeda seems to be, although still scaled back, a take on the cut Keep system they originally talked about in Inquisition. In the final game they seemed to have been rolled into the Skyhold, which also doesn't seem as important as what they first talked about when showing off Inquisition. But originally you'd get a number of Strongholds in different areas, and these Strongholds could be set to different functions in a area like espionage, war, or diplomacy and trade.

What the fuck has that to do with literally anything you dumbfuck? Does it have fucking cooties? If it's good, it's good, you autistic sack of shit.

Where or when it came from: does. not. matter.

That's a dumb fucking comparisons. I'm talking about a gameplay concept they showed in Jade Empire, (in reference to what of their games may have influenced those other games) now you're just talking about a purely visual technical limitation.

Honestly your entire dumbass post doesn't make any sense. Yes, some ideas were thought of, at some earlier point in time, and were implemented years later in MEA. So fucking what?

Really. So. Fucking. What?

Apart from disseminating incredibly useless information, what is your point?

Silverfish

Arbiter
Like you wouldn't tap that.

mass-effect-3-jack-me-dzhek.jpg

d4unanm-28e5123a-3e34-47fc-b9b0-b78307826be2.jpg

ValidBigheartedBlobfish-size_restricted.gif

Semiurge

Cipher
Lol at the guy who says with a straight face that "BioWare improved a lot over the years".

Yeah champ, it sure did.

I would love to see an interviewer ask if we'll get to see characters like Ashley Williams again. Now their answer would probably be "Get out." Ash has an incredibly insightful and realistic, "based" if you will, outlook on galactic politics that would be in violation of moderns SJW values.

Last edited:

Narax

Educated
I would love to see an interviewer ask if we'll get to see characters like Ashley Williams again. Now their answer would probably be "Get out." Ash has an incredibly insightful and realistic, "based" if you will, outlook on galactic politics that would be in violation of moderns SJW values.

This is one of the major issues that I have with nuBioware's characters, most of them aren't even realistic and dont fit in the setting they're in, and the ones that are realistic are usually hated (shocker) by the fandom. As you mentioned, Ashley is one of the most hated characters simply because of her realistic opinions, another hated character is Vivienne because of her realistic medieval outlook on certain issues.

Zeriel

Arcane
If you think ME Jack was in any way physically attractive there's something wrong with you. She was a tatooed skinhead with no curves. Finding her personality attractive I could kind of understand because tastes vary, but she's straight-up ugly.

I really wouldn't, sorry. The world is full of attractive people who take care of their appearance, intentionally making yourself look hideous even if you have alright genetics makes you ugly inside and out.

Admittedly Bioware has moved on since then. Back then they were still unwilling to make comprehensively ugly characters in terms of bone structure, now they make everyone a butterface because it's empowering or something.

Padzi

Arbiter
Omg lol, if DA4 had a Gru-like companion I'd probably have to buy it despite not liking Inquisition at all.

If you would buy the game for a Gru companion I don't want to know what kind of romance option you would want with the character.

Falksi

Arcane
If you think ME Jack was in any way physically attractive there's something wrong with you. She was a tatooed skinhead with no curves. Finding her personality attractive I could kind of understand because tastes vary, but she's straight-up ugly.

I'd have bummed the fuck out of her, whilst making her use her biotic powers to clean the dishes.

Doktor Best

Arcane
People here really like to shit on BioWare, but riddle me this - which RPG studio containing "legendary" names actually holds up today? Obsidian? Bethesda? All of the greats have either fallen from grace, retired, or are trying to put together a game in an indie dungeon, and have yet to release anything (Ziets). Remember how the Outer Worlds was supposed to be the next Arcanum? Or how Pillars of Eternity would overshadow Baldur's Gate? It's not BioWare that is being rotted with sickness - it's the entire industry. We are long overdue for a crash - you have Steam to thank for that.

POE 1 is a solid 7-8/10, TOW 6/10 probably (havent played it through yet). Those are not groundbreaking titles but still above anything Bethesda or Bioware has shat out in the past 10 years or so.

Nyx

Novice
Omg lol, if DA4 had a Gru-like companion I'd probably have to buy it despite not liking Inquisition at all.

If you would buy the game for a Gru companion I don't want to know what kind of romance option you would want with the character.
Hey! What do you take me for?!? I just like the character concept, the wannabe arch villain with a heart of gold. He would fit right in with the evil mages of Tevinter and offer a cute and sympathetic face to the mages. The bald underdog that you can't help but to root for and that despite his best efforts at pulling off the evil act just is a big softie on the inside. Not something creepy, if I was a writer at Bioware (please hire me, EA, I'm cheap!) I'd leave where he ends up to the player, either influencing him into actually becoming a cackling and competent evil mage or making him discover things about himself by letting him mentor the player. I know that Bioware's toxic fanbase would turn it into some daddy fetish stuff, but they can get pervy about just about anything and no character is safe from them. You could make the nicest and most wholesome grandma character and they'd still find a way to make it weird. Actually, Bioware kinda did that already with Flemeth.

Haha, a Gru romance? Get real.

Last edited:

Avarize

Magister

Enthusiastically and repeatedly. I'd put a ring on it too.
But tbf, removing most of the tattoos would be an improvement.

Nyx

Novice

Enthusiastically and repeatedly. I'd put a ring on it too.
But tbf, removing most of the tattoos would be an improvement.
The tattoo thing was a huge missed opportunity with the character, they should have written her like Zaeed but instead of him telling you about his stuff she could give background to her tattoos. She never did, not even once IIRC.

thesecret1

Arcane
The tattoo thing was a huge missed opportunity with the character, they should have written her like Zaeed but instead of him telling you about his stuff she could give background to her tattoos. She never did, not even once IIRC.
"So, what do your tattos mean?"
"What?"
"You know, your tattoos. Usually people get tattoos that mean something."
"I... uh... I just, sorta, got them because I saw an ad on the galaxy net and it looked cool..."
*muh character depth broken*

Tytus

Arcane

If you guys like her tattoos so much here's a HD mod that makes their textures more clear and visible.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Both, yes - twice over.
You finished those pieces of shit twice each? That's a mighty impressive gag reflex you've got.
:hero:
I barely made it past the banquet in DA:I, and that was the last straw for me with Bioware so I never even checked out Andromeda.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom