Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
^ There aren't so many homos in the game, lol. Also, is Varric the gayest dwarf ever? Why? ;d

Xeon

Augur
I think I have said this before, the highlight of the main villain in DAI was during the attack of the first base, his entrance was great and his voice was great, it gave me chills. Then they turned him into an A grade bitch that fails in all his plans, not once did he win against you after the attack of the first base and he was still considered a threat or something, what a fucking joke.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I think I have said this before, the highlight of the main villain in DAI was during the attack of the first base, his entrance was great and his voice was great, it gave me chills. Then they turned him into an A grade bitch that fails in all his plans, not once did he win against you after the attack of the first base and he was still considered a threat or something, what a fucking joke.

I especially like how he sat on his ass despite knowing where you were the entire time.

Dycedarg

Learned
I see some people actually enjoyed Inquisition's writing, including the main villain. For me Corypheus, just like most of the game's cast, fell flat as a character. His motivation for doing what he did seemed like an afterthought, which made most of DAI's plot look an excuse for the game's underwhelming battles.

In contrast, the Baldur's Gate series had competently written antagonists. In BG2, for example, you ended up understanding why Irenicus did what he did, even though he acted like a sociopath. The same thing stands for Sarevok in BG1.

Lacrymas

Arcane
DA:I is a romance visual novel with non-optional battles in between. The best option of them all, however, i.e. Varric, isn't *available*, so just burn it down.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I haven't really played DA:I apart from a few hours when I pirated it at release, so I'm not exactly sure whether he's different. I'm more basing my opinion on DA2. I like that he's a caring person without being cynical or overly saccharine about it and can even be charming and witty when he wants to.

Dycedarg

Learned
That's fair. I think Varric's interactions with Cassandra were actually pretty good in the second game. A shame both of them suck in DAI.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Oh, I actually also like Isabela, funnily enough. Half of DA2's cast was pretty solid when I think about it. The other half ...not so much.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Merrill, Sebastian, and Fenris were the worst, followed by Bethany and Carver (who were just boring). Everyone else is pretty good, even though Anders was retconned into a different person, but I like both his versions.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Judging the trailer DA4 won't emphasize on romances but on the world and reactivity of your character.

The big city could have tavern where you could pick up girls/NPC for smooches. Though I won't do that, I'm all for the danger and adventures.

Last edited:

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
"If you dislike those games,why are you bitching about it here? "

It is the fukkin' Codex. Are you fukkin' stupid?

There's nothing surprising about people who shit on games here, but when it's the vast majority of someone's output, it makes me think they're a retard and a complete black hole of a person.

Naturally, this leads to criticism of their posts and/or mockery of them as humans.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom