Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

ADL

Prophet
It was "planned" to be multiplayer or they were developing it as a GaaS title for the past couple years? I thought this was well into development meaning this is a complete design pivot. Not that it needed to be said, but it's gonna be a mess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vatnik Wumao
It was "planned" to be multiplayer or they were developing it as a GaaS title for the past couple years? I thought this was well into development meaning this is a complete design pivot. Not that it needed to be said, but it's gonna be a mess.
And as such we can expect more single player MMO tier gameplay akin to DAI.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Seems to me that there has been the usual BioWare development hell.

Restarted development, leads coming and going, now this "pivot"... Not exactly smooth sailing towards some grand vision.

Terra

Cipher
How many times has this game flip-flopped between live service and something else now. Gonna be another mess that's crudely massaged into MMO-like shite just like DAI was. Prepare your herb-gathering baskets now, gentlexirs, there's so much quality questin' to do in this "single player rpg"!

Last edited:
Vatnik Wumao
Haven't played Andromeda and I'm probably going to skip this as well. I heavily doubt that current year BioWare could do justice to Tevinter, slaver societies being problematic and all.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
And as such we can expect more single player MMO tier gameplay akin to DAI.

This shit will never work unless designed as a SP game from the get go. Same shit with Amalur and others..once you make a game with MMO grindan in mind, you can't just disable it and somehow the rest of the game will be SP.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
Haven't played Andromeda and I'm probably going to skip this as well. I heavily doubt that current year BioWare could do justice to Tevinter, slaver societies being problematic and all.
I remember playing Origins and thinking how dope it'd be to see Tevinter...
200.gif

IIRC Tevinter is supposed to be a very powerful fascist-like state run by "magisters" (mages). They also shun homosexuality and degeneracy in general...

Rest assured that woke Biotrash is going to retcon that.

Vatnik Wumao
Either that or not let you side with the Tevinter authorities since from Bioware's perspective clearly nobody would be interested in roleplaying that way.

Nephilim

Educated
It seems Anthem really had a purpose after all. Bioware has pissed away so much EA money with games like ME:Andromeda and Anthem. I'm surprised they still keep that studio open.
Most studios in EA's graveyard have been sacrificed for less.

kreight

Some Dragon Age cosplay.
I usually dislike cosplay, but that's actually really good tbh. She obviously put a ton of effort in.
You have no idea. Russian girls make some crazy cosplay stuff. Russian gaming media publish it regularly. This one is from this article. Photos don't need translation. It's Witcher 3, Cyberpunk 2077, League of Legends, TLOU.

https://m.igromania.ru/article/3159...League_of_Legends_The_Last_of_Us_Part_II.html

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Either that or not let you side with the Tevinter authorities since from Bioware's perspective clearly nobody would be interested in roleplaying that way.
Remember how you could give Fenris over to slavers in DA2? And now that we're actually in Tevinter they won't let us make decisions like that.

Vatnik Wumao
Remember how you could give Fenris over to slavers in DA2? And now that we're actually in Tevinter they won't let us make decisions like that.
Or imagine them letting you side with a character as deplorable as Branka was in DAO.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I had a friend who worked at EA. He discussed with the guy behind Dungeon Keeper: the mobile garbage game, and the guy told him they should just push the limit (of the mik-o-meter), because this IP was so strong. It turned out pretty well indeed....
A few years later, he was trying to convince the guy in charge of Star Wars Battlefront 2 that paywalling Darth Vader was a big No, but the guy wouldn't listen, which led us to the lootbox disaster.

Bottom line is that it is not only the top management who is at fault at EA. Many of the product managers seem to be into abusing their fanbase...
That said, it works similarly in most big companies that reached the "bureaucratic stage". Upper management is so craven that it will say yes to any unreasonable demand from the top management, regardless of the long term damage for the company, or sometimes, even the feasability of the demand.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom