Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Eador game in development

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I just saw this update.

Eador lives on! A new game is announced.

Hello!

Due to the lack of news and updates, you might be wondering what happens to our development plans. Have we forgot about the Eador universe at all or do we have something up our sleeve?

Well, as you may have already guessed - we have a bunch of surprises for our fans.

Although it was not an easy decision to make - considering all the "wonderful" events humanity had in 2020, we were always passionate about TBS and somewhere in August we began sketching new project. Hopefully this information will cheer you up a little!

Today we are ready to make a first official public announcement of the upcoming title in the Eador universe.

Because it is very early stage of development, there is not much we can show you, but so far you can be sure that:

• The game will be based on the Unreal Engine.
  • Astral, which was put aside in the Imperium is coming back with new features.
  • A new storyline campaign which will unfold some secrets.
  • And, of course, new masters, heroes and creatures!

We will do our best to keep you posted on our development progress - in the newsfeeds for Eador games, and, later we will welcome you to the dedicated project as soon as we setup one.

And while we at it, we would like to take opportunity and invite you to take a part in the Steam Autumn sale - you may buy Eador or other our games to support further development and keeping us alive :)

Also it is a good time to look back and check out previous Eador games:

We'll keep you posted!
Development team.

e2f7a40180fbb05b8cabce1d36e9c481fbfa7b40.png

0be00d9c45a244945ebb0823dbff0e3db221a1f8.jpg

fe2aa2c2f423a87773ff1daa08c46559134ed5be.jpg

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/232050/view/2881703925252794683

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
Even if I get filtered very fast Eador are very good games. Cool to see this.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
And just when you think Jeff Vogel is doing too many remakes.

Humanophage

Arcane
They should just give this money to New Horizons developers. Eador and NH are such treats, some of the best turn-based strategies, and fairly pretty to boot.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Too bad it's made by the devs who did the 3d remake and not the original.
Wow, so the devs aren't even the same? I thought they just brought some dogshit art onboard and made it 3D pig disgusting.
Nope.
Once Eador. Genesis shipped, a separate production company licensed the rights to build a 3D remake of the game. Alexey got signed as a consultant and spent almost three years advising the dev team, even though his input was rather limited as he wasn't making neither technical nor design decisions. The resulting game shipped in 2013 as Eador. Masters of the Broken World and is currently down to 66% approval rating on Steam, mostly thanks to tech bugs – the sales, though, exceed 200,000 copies.

Were the remakes worth it in the first place?
That's the issue here, they're not. It's basically the same thing as Genesis, except uglier, slower and buggier. I think the later expansions added some things that the Original didn't have, but Genesis has the New Horizons mod.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Were the remakes worth it in the first place?
Imperium felt like some kind of fan-made thing, rather than a game done by pros. It just gave the impression of a hacked-together mod. It's like nothing quite seemed professional, especially the encounter with the devs begging you to give the game a positive rating on Steam.

Masters of the Broken world was just a slower version of Genesis with some super weird bugs. For instance, slingers throw a stone at enemies that slowly moves across the field to the target then back to the slinger. No idea what that's about.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom