Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New exclusive The Black Hound info released!

Zomg

Arbiter
A close personal friend and collaborator of John Romero's is working on a NWN2 mod loosely based on work for an Interplay-aborted version of Baldur's Gate 3.

Xi

Arcane
Haha, I feel like your computer is straight from the twilight zone. All those huge monitors, laptops, etc and then this clunky, old school, piss colored keyboard in the middle of it all....

Do, do, do, do..do, do, do, do...DOO

"You're traveling through another dimension -- a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's a signpost up ahead: your next stop: the Twilight Zone!"

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
Yep, that's Mr. Sawyer's workspace right theah. Ah-yup.

And I share his love of old-school tlak keyboards - it doesn't feel like you really TYPED anything unless you really feel the keypress. These new-fangled yadda yadda keys feels like pushing a cotton ball yadda blah GET THE HELL OFF MY LAWN

I'm glad Josh is still workin' away - he's got some rad stuff goin' on.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
And a keyboard isn't worth anything if it isn't heavy enough to bash somebody's head in with it.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That stuff looks bad ass. JS is a fucking bastard, and I'm sure he'll make an epic mod.
Hopefully, he secures some hefty VO charity from his friends. Too bad Annie isn't their anymore, since her acting was actually pretty decent in SoZ...

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
LeStryfe79 said:
That stuff looks bad ass. JS is a fucking bastard, and I'm sure he'll make an epic mod.
Hopefully, he secures some hefty VO charity from his friends. Too bad Annie isn't their anymore, since her acting was actually pretty decent in SoZ...
Who did she voice?

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think she did that Tiefling merchant in Samarach and Chir the evil Gnome wizard. Nothing dramatic to be sure, but her characterizations were good anyway. She showed a decent range with her roles, and if I'm not mistaken, she has a bit of theatre XP.

Deleted member 7219

Weird keyboard. And the NWN2 and MotB boxes are too thick. The SoZ box is the right size, though.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
When I got MotB from the US, it had a thick box. My locally purchased NWN2 was in a paper leaflet. EA games here usually come in that SoZ style box, though.

Annie Carlson said:
And I share his love of old-school tlak keyboards - it doesn't feel like you really TYPED anything unless you really feel the keypress. These new-fangled yadda yadda keys feels like pushing a cotton ball yadda blah GET THE HELL OFF MY LAWN

I'm looking for one, too. They were of superior quality and design to all new keyboards I know of - was it because the buckling spring design was more expensive to produce than dome switch design, and that doesn't fit the "do horrid shit in China" free market bullshit we get today. Well, it's really the people's own fault for buying "bastardised in asia" western technology. Even I have a cheap Microsoft keyboard, with weak, non-removable keys, stupid shit features nobody needs and horrid curved design, something I suspect is what they call "innovative" in asia. Bastardised is what I call it.

Perhaps I should finally invest in a good keyboard, like the model M.

Shannow said:
..or a monitor. Of course the monitor has to be heavy enough not just to tip over...

Yeah, those 30+ kg incredibly long monitors kicked ass.

Actually, a widescreen flatpanel monitor was the best upgrade I have ever got on my PC. It was like, "Wow, I didn't know that menu screen is, in fact, blue, not green.". And all the space I got more! I can sleep on my desk easily now, and threre's enough room for a pizza.

A good chair was close, though. No more neck pain!

bat_boro

Arcane
LeStryfe79 said:
I think she did that Tiefling merchant in Samarach and Chir the evil Gnome wizard. Nothing dramatic to be sure, but her characterizations were good anyway. She showed a decent range with her roles, and if I'm not mistaken, she has a bit of theatre XP.

You mean the one that always said something like "fly back soon, pretty bird" in the end of the conversation?

That was some good piece of voice acting, methinks

J.E. Sawyer

Obsidian Entertainment
Developer
The keyboard is an IBM Model M with WordPerfect color coding. As glasnost posted, the Unicomp keyboards are essentially the same thing. If you want the next gen of that keyboard style, I recommend the Das Keyboard Ultimate.

http://daskeyboard.com/

Pros only.

Matt7895 said:
Weird keyboard. And the NWN2 and MotB boxes are too thick. The SoZ box is the right size, though.
The NWN2/MotB boxes are US retail copies. The SoZ box is European.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom