Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New female shephard looks like a man with makeup

baronjohn

Cipher
tdfA5.jpg

Chosen by the fans

Admittedly all the options looked like men with makeup. :dance:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
she looks like a woman, not a man.

also who the fuck cares about mass effect.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Video game companies can't make good women models or characters, unless the women are made to look extremely slutty and doable.

This is all well and good, though- video games are intended for men after all, though there are some terrible ones that target effeminate males and women.

Bioware is just trying to appeal to everyone; the fags and lesbians, the housewifes, the frat boys, everyone. Everyone except for people who actually like video games (a very, very small amount). Thus, they are forced to make characters that have broad appeal, such as half-slutty, half-manly lesbian/bi woman protagonists so the entire mishmash of a target audience can "identify" with "her".

Phelot

Arcane
Wowzers! I happen to think this new Shephard is pretty hawt! Too bad the games are terrible.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Thank goodness we have such a good and reliable Search function to quickly and easily figure out if a thread has been posted before.

spekkio

Arcane
ITT we learn that only gay people like mASS Effect series.

News at 11.

:rpgcodex:

*Edit (noticed OP)

And care enough to post make treads about it.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Who changes the fucking look of the player character in the third game of a trilogy? WTF?

Anyway, for all you fags, the only real Shepard is the one voiced by Jennifer Hale. She does an amazing job and makes the male voice look like a talentless hack.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Trash said:
Who changes the fucking look of the player character in the third game of a trilogy? WTF?
Who plays as default shepard, anyway?

Trash said:
Anyway, for all you fags, the only real Shepard is the one voiced by Jennifer Hale. She does an amazing job and makes the male voice look like a talentless hack.
:salute:

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Trash said:
Really? I've never heard anyone say that before...

Fuck you, both actors suck and the games suck.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Bitch's too girly for someone that is a veteran from multiple campaigns, whoever disagrees is a closeted homosexual.

Here's how Shepard should look:
234m5i.jpg

Jack said:
Trash said:
Really? I've never heard anyone say that before...

Fuck you, both actors suck and the games suck.
You have found 23 Kodex Kool Kredits!

Ruprekt

Scholar
abnaxus said:
Wtf was wrong with the old default?

Looks too old like your momma?

In the future everyone will be genetically engineered to look like one of three archetypes:
Kawaii Lolitamorph
Neanderthal Ubermensch
Hollywood-Teenage Ambisexual

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
of course she wins.
she has a mole.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Metroid Effect?

Her hair looks awful and ill-fitting but that's my only complaint. I don't really give a shit what she looks like as long as BioWare doesn't pull a Nintendo and replace Jennifer Hale.

Trash said:
the only real Shepard is the one voiced by Jennifer Hale. She does an amazing job and makes the male voice look like a talentless hack.
This. And any actor make Mark Meer sound like a talentless hack.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Mark Meer actually isn't a bad voice actor, he's just the completely wrong choice for Shepard. They obviously wanted a voice that could sound both like a tree-hugging hippie and a badass, and... they didn't.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Only other thing I've heard him in is a Dragon Age DLC. He plays a dwarf and he does a good job but it's difficult to mess up a stereotypical dwarf voice. As Shepard he reads his lines like he's reading them from a manuscript, complete with punctuation. I think that's pretty bad.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzbw0hAwc_o
Try telling me this isn't bad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom