Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Kojima Game.

SumDrunkGuy

What ever happened to Shinji Mikami? He was like the cool pussy magnet version of Kojima and he actually made great games. Kojima is a fuckin talentless dork. He reminds me of Eddie Murphy in Bowfinger.

Zenithsan

Educated
I dunno man, I really don't like this recurring "thanks to this new technology..." speech.
The tech is always misused and superficial, good games needs the same that 30 years ago; game design and narrative (if your game needs it).
And if the last few games of Kojima probes something, is that he really needs to take some screenwriting classes instead of being horny for some new tech or a "thing that was never done before"

Think deep, not big.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I am so tired of this guys gimmick. I never did like the "creators" getting all the credit for the games that hundreds of people work on but it has gotten worse. I liked when in MGS 1 nobody knew who the fuck Kojima was. That was ideal. I liked how in high school I did not know who made Resident Evil because the guy did not matter. Oh well 2022 idol worship.

What ever happened to Shinji Mikami? He was like the cool pussy magnet version of Kojima and he actually made great games. Kojima is a fuckin talentless dork. He reminds me of Eddie Murphy in Bowfinger.

Look Mikami made Evil Within and it was shit. That is what happened.

SumDrunkGuy

I am so tired of this guys gimmick. I never did like the "creators" getting all the credit for the games that hundreds of people work on but it has gotten worse. I liked when in MGS 1 nobody knew who the fuck Kojima was. That was ideal. I liked how in high school I did not know who made Resident Evil because the guy did not matter. Oh well 2022 idol worship.

Look Mikami made Evil Within and it was shit. That is what happened.

Evil Within was half shit. The first half was great. I agree with errythang else you said.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I never did like the "creators" getting all the credit for the games that hundreds of people work on but it has gotten worse.

That's what directors are for
If the movie/game is good they get the praise, if it's bad then they get all the blame

But still, generally unlike western devs, jap game directors are actually responsible for their games turn out to be - since they ultimately have the final word on each aspect of the game's development

Zlaja

Arcane
An HIDEO KOJIMA empty announcement:

That's all he needs to do get his hipster fanboys salivating.

6e4.png

Machocruz

Arcane
As I said in the D Stranding thread, KojiPro are a crack team of graphic designers and technicians. I'd like to see what they could do under other leadership.

MichaelB

Literate
I dunno man, I really don't like this recurring "thanks to this new technology..." speech.
The tech is always misused and superficial, good games needs the same that 30 years ago; game design and narrative (if your game needs it).
And if the last few games of Kojima probes something, is that he really needs to take some screenwriting classes instead of being horny for some new tech or a "thing that was never done before"

Think deep, not big.
I agree. There should've been some kind of a gaming truce among tech companies, which would amount to: 'we'll not introduce any new technology until designers learn to utilize the most of what's already available". We have not reached like 20% of what's possible and desirable with simple 2d, not to mention newer tech. Look at Highfleet, which could have been released in late 90's - tech-wise. Does not seem like the robust indie scene is helping either, since most of the time those tend to latch onto safe trajectories, aka another metroidvania, another open world roguelike survival crafting etc.

The funniest thing about Kojimbo to me is that it's the only creator who's announced he's making a new genre - and announced it wrongly. He was all pompous about inventing a STRAND TYPE game, meaning: at the time well known asynchronous multiplayer, popularized by the Souls series; but in reality he did in fact create a genre, as in - contemplative traversal sim. An open world game where nothing is filler - since even taking a walk from one location to another can be fun and interesting due to multiple interlocking mechanics - fatigue, weight of the cargo, different types of terrain, specific obstacles, weather conditions, and so on. That's something that hasnt been done before, and that works quite well and makes DS unique. So you'd think he'd be proud of this part. But no.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I think when you make a truce like that in business it is illegal or something.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Probably Sony wants nothing more to do with him after funding/advertising whatever Death Stranding was. So now Microsoft is taking a shot. He hasn't made a really good game in eighteen years. Everything after the MGS trilogy made me miss what this man was once capable of more. He needs someone to reign him in. Another creative person who can tell him when his shit stinks. I think that used to be Tomokazu Fukushima, co-writer before MGS4. The limitations of the PS2 honestly helped too. Not to say we need crappy system specs for developers to think outside the box and be creative within their limitations. An alternative can be a producer or co-director who corrects Kojima whenever he decides to waste money and time on things like Hollywood actors, fancy CG commercials (MGS4 intro) and popular licensed music (David Bowie cover).

Last edited:
Things we know:

- There is (will be) a game
- The game can be played (allegedly)
- Hideo Kojima will work on the game
- Kojima will work on the game for Microsoft
- We are sure Kojima is the real Hideo Kojima and not a double
- Microsoft will release it on their plataforms

Alright, start the GAME THEORIES

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Alright, start the GAME THEORIES
You live a normal life as a worker in the factory in the bureaucratic world. You have a mortgage to pay. But only if you knew that your alien father from Zeta Arcturus who married your earthling mother is gone missing and your alien sister is trying to get in touch. The contact with your alien sister went very aggressive because she didn't know the language and human form. But something insidie of you was awaken and you felt she is your flesh and blood. You go to the mission to find your father who actually happens to be a king on alien world and the alien brood queen got upset her husband cheated on her.

This is just the intro.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom