Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect New Mass Effect confirmed

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Origins on console is a much different game in terms of combat than on PC

janior

Arcane
Patron
they aren't even in the same ballpark

orgins is a console take on RTWP

demon''s souls is an action adventure game or ARPG if we're being generous

janior

Arcane
Patron
many developers were sacred cows like fromsoft is right now their fall will also come sooner rather than later
Horse shit. They don't diversity hire.
maybe they should hire some non japanese people, fromsoft is making the same game over and over again for the past decade and people will get sick of it eventually for now they were wow'd by the ubisoft-like openworld but how long till that wears off

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
many developers were sacred cows like fromsoft is right now their fall will also come sooner rather than later
maybe they should hire some non japanese people, fromsoft is making the same game over and over again for the past decade and people will get sick of it eventually for now they were wow'd by the ubisoft-like openworld but how long till that wears off
Elden Ring is their most successful game. Anything with a functioning brain knows it's not their best game. FS is going no where.

9ted6

Educated
Ballsackski just needs to calm his tits. DA:O is not a great game. I don't feel like I disrespected it. I can see why some people enjoy it. The developer is worthless.
I enjoyed it at one point in time but nowadays I feel like DAO just can't be defended. It came during a drought but almost everything it did paved the way for the shit to come from the genre.

GamerCat_

Educated
Only in the same sense that all RPGs are the same game being made over and over again. Yes I'm sure you see some great difference between GURPS and D&D alpha version 7.3. That means as much to me as the differences between Dark Souls and Elden Ring do to you.

Ash

Arcane
orgins is a console take on RTWP

No, it's a retard shit taste Biofaggot take on RTw/P. Vagrant Story, Parasite Eve (This game predates even the original Baldur's Gate) and Final Fantasy 12 are genuine console takes on RTw/P many years prior, and I'd play them all over Bioware brainrot and degeneracy any day. Even Final Faggotry 12, which is a bit of a mess.

Last edited:

JB_0x0003

Literate
I agree, it's getting too samey like the ubisoft open world archaeological stratum, therefore they should hire people who are more like the creators of the ubisoft open world archaeological stratum.

Iucounu

Educated
assassin Krell was single father archetype
I thought the character was a bit suspicious, with all those young boys he befriended and exploited in the slum. He was also dying from a rare disease...

A similar example of dubious Bioware writing is the Ardat-Yakshi in ME3, where these are portrayed as innocent young women that self-isolate in a monastery to protect others from harm, doing nothing worse than watching naughty movies in secret. It takes Reaper indoctrination to awaken their dark side, and even then they resist heroically until the end.

9ted6

Educated
I thought the character was a bit suspicious, with all those young boys he befriended and exploited in the slum. He was also dying from a rare disease...

A similar example of dubious Bioware writing is the Ardat-Yakshi in ME3, where these are portrayed as innocent young women that self-isolate in a monastery to protect others from harm, doing nothing worse than watching naughty movies in secret. It takes Reaper indoctrination to awaken their dark side, and even then they resist heroically until the end.
Asari are the Elves of Mass Effect, a mary sue race given undue plot importance.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

Asari are the Elves of Mass Effect, a mary sue race given undue plot importance.

Near immortal and highly advanced, yet they pole dance. Go figure.

Caim

Arcane

Near immortal and highly advanced, yet they pole dance. Go figure.
Even when they have a millenium long life span, women can't help but being hoes.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
They literally have a hoe phase that lasts centuries written in lore, until they become "Matriarchs". Definitely the writers favourite child, until ME3 and the human dick sucking of course.

As for near immortal, that definitely seems like more of a Krogan thing. They don't have a lifespan, at least it was never touched upon but those guys get as old as Asari. The only difference is they kill eachother all the time you don't get to see many old ones.

9ted6

Educated
They literally have a hoe phase that lasts centuries written in lore, until they become "Matriarchs". Definitely the writers favourite child, until ME3 and the human dick sucking of course.
Definitely the pet race like DA's Elves but much more of a blatant fetish insert. Liara is also blatantly Space Leliana.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom