Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Mass Effect interview: Cap'n Shepard = Jack Bauer

Surgey

Scholar
These pictures are hilarious; they get funnier each time! "I will express them with subtle hints, and when pressed I will go silent until your next level up." Gold! It's funny because it's true. It makes me wonder if there's ever a character that's willing to tell you about his history.

If I had Photoshop on this computer I'd make my own, but someone should make one poking fun at the fact that all the female characters want the protagonist's cock, and there's always one childish character. Oh, and some guy with a dark past who raised one of the other characters.

Surgey

Scholar
And some overacting. "I'm the biggest, baddest mother-fucker you've ever seen, and I don't take no lip while shooting people and blowing shit up and barking orders, goddammit!"

FrancoTAU

Cipher
More over acting with hacky movie tough guy lines.

I don't even know if I've seen any real screens of Mass Effect. Are the CJ ones a far stretch?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Shepard acted entirely in-character so yeah those screens are not a far stretch. :)

Harbadakus-

Novice
FrancoTAU said:
More over acting with hacky movie tough guy lines.

I don't even know if I've seen any real screens of Mass Effect. Are the CJ ones a far stretch?

Here's a real one...
masseffect02745x4409ge.jpg

Stalagmite

Scholar
AHAHAHAHA! thanks CJ, even if I drove myself to play this, there is now no way I could even remotely play this game seriously, no matter how drunk I was, without busting out laughing. Go ahead, make more!

It's too late for me, Luke.

Harbadakus-

Novice

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter

Texas Red

Whiner
Admiral jimbob said:
Just noticed this on IGN.
Set 200 years in the future in an epic universe

WHAT THE FUCK IS AN EPIC UNIVERSE.

Hmmm, I think they are reffering to the overdone cliche, wannabe SW, ST or whatever generic futurish setting.

(Would it hurt Bioware to bring in some new ideas?)

Gambler

Augur
Epic used to refer to the Greek genre of epos. I guess the idea is that epic games use 2000 year old cliches.

St. Toxic

Arcane
Chapter One:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/9107/shepard5xy.jpg

Shepard was feeling good about himself when he entered the Space Bar 1, during his short 4 minute break at Space Station Delta Epsilon. Being between important missions as he was, a drink and some relaxed conversation was just what the space hero needed to keep in shape.

"-God damn" Shepard exclaimed in an extreme fashion, while walking towards the bar, "-What a mess." he added laughingly.

All eyes were on Shepard, during his ten second stroll towards the barstools, and the Commander grinned inside of himself, as, evendoh he never directly gazed at any other living creature, the hard military training he'd put himself through over the course of fifteen years, had placed an extra pair of eyes firmly on the back of his head allowing him to see all the faces he might get to smash one day.

Shepard sat down extremely on a barstool, breaking it, and proceeded to unload the carcass of a local bar patron over the desk with a loud thwacking sound, upon which blood giblets filled the air. He then snorted a while, as to grab some more undeserved attention to himself, and when the barkeep wheeled over to where he sat, handing him a glass, Shepard spit in it so hard that it broke.

"-What can I get you, sir?" the robot bartender asked politely, while fetching yet another glass.
"-God damn, I'm asking the questions here. Understand?!" said Shepard, while breaking the second glass between his thumb and index finger, simultaniously grabbing the throat of the bartender.

The booze-droid went quiet, sobbingly. Shepard understood how he felt, but didn't care, and only upon feeding it the broken shards of glass did he release the damaged metal neck.

"-Hasta la vista baby" he snorted.

As the robot was just about to turn and leave, the meaty hand of the commander chlomped him on his back, sending his metal face straight into a mirror, harming a few bottles of club soda on the way.

"-Your face, your ass." explained Shepard.
"-Whiskey. Straight up."

Texas Red

Whiner
"The booze-droid went quiet, sobbingly. Shepard understood how he felt, but didn't care"

Gold.

Stalagmite

Scholar
We should make a novel.

The Elite, Hot Blooded, Homicidal, Psycopathic to the Extreme Commander Shepard

by RPG Codex

Dedicated to Volourn, who's love of Bioware inspired us to take the insults to a higher plane.

doctor_kaz

Scholar
I know that graphics aren't everything, but the art direction in those screenshots blows. Especially the environments. They look really bland and generic. Just compare them to Gears of War or Bioshock.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom