Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News New project from Larian Studios

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Larian Studios

<a href=http://www.larian.com>Larian Studios</a> has <a href=http://www.larian.com>announced</a> a new RPG called <b>CaRPG</b> that lets you play as a car cyborg <a href=http://www.hasbro.com/transformers>Transformers</a>-style. Here is the first <a href=http://www.larian.com/Site/artwork/CarPG.jpg>screenshot</a>
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Mount over 60 different weapons on your vehicle and choose between 20 different cars, ranging from a very basic buggy (pun intended, see screenshot) up to very heavy trucks. Upgrade your character with several shields, armors, spikes, batteries, engines and so on. You'll start with basis of a steel-wire buggy, covered only with a leather hull, but look out for the chain-fence, full plate or titan armor plates! The weapon range is from a basic Katana up to multiple grenade launchers or even Ion canons.
<br>
<br>
When you get more experienced you will not only get faster and stronger, you also get bonus skills and equipment after reaching a certain level, such as special bumpers for escape saltos with your car, rocket boosters for high jumps or even gravitation belts for levitation. What more would a car want?</blockquote> That definitely sounds cool. A Transformers RPG is long overdue.
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.homelanfed.com">HomeLan</A>

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
LOL Before clicking on the link this bit sounded more like an April Fool's Joke than the Fallout thread. :lol:

Anyways, doesn't sound like my type of game. Never was a big fan of the Transformers.

Flarnet

Liturgist
Those who doubt that this is an April fools joke should go ahead and check out the screenshot.

Spazmo

Erudite
Volourn said:
Never was a big fan of the Transformers.

That's probably where your life started going wrong. From hating Transformers, it's only a short leap to liking BioWare. Remember, kids, Optimus says, "The Infinity Engine is poison."

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Talking about leaps, Spazmo went from me saying "I'm not a big fan" to 'hating" the Transforemrs. WOWSERS! :shock:

Seven

Erudite
Volourn said:
Talking about leaps, Spazmo went from me saying "I'm not a big fan" to 'hating" the Transforemrs. WOWSERS! :shock:

Quit knit-picking, we all know what you meant, *waves fist menacingly*. :wink:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
CaRPG is April Fools joke on 02/04/2004 by lynn

For those who haven't figured it out yet, the announcement of CaRPG was our April Fools joke. Please stop sending us mails for interviews, screenshots, and previews... please...
HA. HA. That's the funny right there.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Wow, can't believe that somebody fell for it. I had to throw in the Transformers to make it less obvious as half-man, half-car thing was a dead giveaway. What do you know, people are stupid.

Spazmo

Erudite
Volourn said:

I don't need your foul anti-Transformer propaganda. I am secure in my faith that when the Day of Reckoning comes and Cybertron is retaken by Rodimus Prime and the remaining Autobots, you will pay for your venomous slanders.

And you still suck for not liking Transformers, Care Bears boy.

dunduks

Liturgist
Too bad this was aprils fools, I just wish someone would really make a more or less original/unusual game. I'm getting tired of this D&D/fantasy crap.

triCritical

Erudite
dunduks said:
Too bad this was aprils fools, I just wish someone would really make a more or less original/unusual game. I'm getting tired of this D&D/fantasy crap.

I think something along the lines of Car Wars following the Gladius archetype would be good. But there would not be a whole lot of CRPG roleplaying depth I guess...

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
triCritical said:
I think something along the lines of Car Wars following the Gladius archetype would be good. But there would not be a whole lot of CRPG roleplaying depth I guess...

I soooo want another Car Wars computer game. But NO RT!!! I wish someone would do that..... :cry:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom