Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New requirement for reviewers poll

Should reviewers be required to list their top 10 favorite games of the last 5 years?

• Yes / No

• No / Yes

• They should list their top 10 favourite Codex posters instead

• Hi Roqua

• Also what colour underpants they're wearing (No and or Yes and or KingComrade)

Results are only viewable after voting.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
No. He also shouldn't have to provide his tax return, his college transcripts, or pics of his last digital prostate exam.

Unless it's somehow relevant to the review, of course.

So you do not think someone's favorite games are not relevant to a review?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
What would stop Prime Junta someone from writing "Fallout 1, Age of Decadence and Arcanum are my favourite RPG" when in reality it's Fallout 4, Pillars of Eternity and Skyrim?

That... wasn't the point Roqua. If he says those games, but his actual favorites include Fallout 4, the newest COD, and JRPG Dating Sim #474920, it means absolute nothing and can't be properly verified.

Why does everyone here want reviewer's to hide the games they like?

0def1836da.png

No wait, I had a flash of inspiration, you're implying we're arguing against it because we don't want people doing it just because. As opposed to because it's stupid. Gotcha. Maybe. Who even knows.

Knowing someone's claimed taste and preference is stupid? Not wasting your time reading a review with someone who has the exact opposite taste in games as you do is stupid?

You are very young, aren't you?

I remember when there were adults on this site.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Since I couldn't name you 10 different games I've liked from that time period, I won't hold it a necessity for a reviewer either.

If you haven't played 10 games you like in five years why would you review games? It means you don't like them. Why are you on this site? Can you tell me 10 games you liked in the last 10 years?

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Knowing someone's claimed taste and preference is stupid?
It's not stupid, per se. It's just useless, because their claimed tastes and actual tastes may be very different
Not wasting your time reading a review with someone who has the exact opposite taste in games as you do is stupid?
This is a forum. Most of the reviewers post very commonly about the types of games they review. A much more accurate guess at their tastes could be gotten from that.
A) When?
B) So you admit you are Roqua

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Knowing someone's claimed taste and preference is stupid?
It's not stupid, per se. It's just useless, because their claimed tastes and actual tastes may be very different
Not wasting your time reading a review with someone who has the exact opposite taste in games as you do is stupid?
This is a forum. Most of the reviewers post very commonly about the types of games they review. A much more accurate guess at their tastes could be gotten from that.
A) When?
B) So you admit you are Roqua

1) I've never even heard of this Roqua character
2) Saying their claimed taste and actual taste could be different can also be applied to their review. They could hate the game and review it like it is great or vice versa.
3) Reading someone's forum history is very unviable compared to a quick list of recentish games they like and comparing it to my own sensibilities.
4) Please explain who this would hurt or why something very helpful should not be done.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I doubt anyone intentionally misleads about what they like (not for writing a free article anyway). OTOH I bet there are a lor of tards who say they like planetscape torment and fallot just to look cool to others so maybe that is an issue/

We actually agree on something. You are still a teenage retard and a prime candidate for suicide watch since you have no real life friends and are far too young to be a recluse and a virgin. If we are being honest I will not miss you once you do
I've never even heard of this Roqua character
roqua.png

Who is this mysterious character Roqua?

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I doubt anyone intentionally misleads about what they like (not for writing a free article anyway). OTOH I bet there are a lor of tards who say they like planetscape torment and fallot just to look cool to others so maybe that is an issue/

We actually agree on something. You are still a teenage retard and a prime candidate for suicide watch since you have no real life friends and are far too young to be a recluse and a virgin. If we are being honest I will not miss you once you do

Stop bullying people.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

Stop bullying people.

I will if you give vote yes.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
They should list their top 10 favourite Codex posters instead.

Why do you want to keep your staff's dislike of rpgs a secret? Would it be too much of a haste to change the name of the site to generalgamingcodex? This rule needs to be implemented for the couple people over 12 and/or not retarded that still use this site.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet

Stop bullying people.

I will if you give vote yes.
What does one vote matter?

existential_vacuum

.PNG Police
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Who is this mysterious character Roqua?
whoisroqua.png

Ayn Rand "Roqua Shrugged" Book I Chapter I said:
"Who is Roqua?"

The light was ebbing, and Eddie Willers could not distinguish the shitposter's face. The shitposter had said it simply, without expression. But from the sunset far at the end of the street, yellow glints caught his eyes, and the eyes looked straight at Eddie Willers, mocking and still—as if the question had been addressed to the causeless uneasiness within him.

"Why did you say that?" asked Eddie Willers, his voice tense.

The shitposter leaned against the side of the doorway; a wedge of broken glass behind him reflected the metal yellow of the sky.

"Why does it bother you?" he asked.

"It doesn't," snapped Eddie Willers.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom