Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information New Shadowrun Returns Screenshots and Info at Game Informer

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Looks great, but....

Yeah, there wasn't a lot of worrying stuff said so far, but unless I missed some in-depth updates its all general buzzwords. Buzzwords for our niche, but still buzzwords.

I dunno, still waiting with overexcitement.

http://harebrained-schemes.com/post/fireside-chat-with-jordan-weisman-and-mikes-dev-diary/
http://harebrained-schemes.com/post/chris-developer-diary/
That the 2 most important update but you can find more.
General buzzwords ?
I really don't know how you can expect much more info than that, except the game.
Much more and detailed info about the game development process than any other kickstarter.

Thank you. Will read.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Looks like a corporate facility, so probably for generating jewgoldz.

Wage mages are srs bsns in SR

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
As always their updates looks good,the only thing that bothers me is that there willl be apparently 2 independent scenarios taking place in Seattle and Berlin,I though it would be a larger story that starts in one city and continues in the other

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
Looks really promising. I'm glad I had contributed to this kickstarter even if I don't care much for the background. At least they show good values!

Well done l'abeille malhonnête for the french translation :)

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I now wish I had contributed to the Kickstarter.
But I still want some gameplay vids.
If that and the character creation is shown, this will be a first day buy type of option for me.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just read the article and once again everything sounds great.... except the DLC stuff. Now the additional tiles, etc. stuff seems fine as that is for those who want to build their own campaigns, so no problem there. However, the new locations, like the Ork Underground, are hopefully more fully realized expansion-pack quality add-ons and not tiny nickel & diming 1-2 hour scenarios.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Surprisingly, the DLC stuff doesn't bother me that much.
I just hope it's fleshed out, or at least gives modders and storytellers the opportunity to create their own adventures within the world they've built.

ironyuri

Crooked Bee said:
  • Le jeu se déroule en 2054, à Seattle. Un deuxième scénario prenant place à Berlin sortira un peu plus tard.
  • Le point de départ de l’intrigue est une sinistre affaire de trafic d’organes.
  • Comme l’épisode Super Nintendo, Shadowrun Returns commence à la morgue.
  • Un enquêteur de la Lone Star nommé Mitch Macklusky est un personnage important, au moins au début du jeu.
  • L’ambiance “film noir” est l’une des inspirations majeures des développeurs
  • Les combats au tour par tour sont inspirés de XCOM (autant le jeu des années 90 que l’épisode sorti l’année dernière)
  • Bien qu’on ne créé qu’un seul personnage en début de partie, il est possible de recruter d’autres shadowrunners. En combat, le joueur contrôle tous les membres de son équipe (ils ne sont pas gérés par une IA)
  • Le système de dialogue est à base de mots clés
  • La partie “enquête” sera très développée
Is it too late to offer (more thorough) translations?​

1. The game/story will take place in Seattle, 2054. A second scenario taking place in Berlin will appear later.​
2. The point of departure/plot hook of the story will be a sinister organ trafficking business.​
3. As in the SNES episode, this version of Shadowrun will begin in a morgue.​
4. An investigator from the Lone Star, Mitch Maclusky, will be an important character, at least at the beginning of the game.​
5. One of the major inspirations for the developers was the ambience of "Film Noir."​
6. Turn-based combat (combat, turn by turn) was inspired by XCOM (the original 90s game, as much as the one which appeared last year).​
7. Eventhough you may only create one character at the beginning of Shadowrun, it will be possible to recruit other shadowrunners during the game. During combat, the player will control all members of his party (they will not be managed by AI).​
8. The dialogue system is based on the use of keywords.​
9. The elements of investigation/inquiry will be well developed.​

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
This is so close to what I'd expect a modern Fallout-style game to look like. Not anything like that ugly 3D Wasteland 2 nonsense. InEPTile artists should take note.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Of all the hackjob kickstarters, this one is pretty much the one I'm waiting for the most, and maybe the only one I'm waiting for without any worries.

imweasel

I was quite sceptical at first, but I have to say that this shit is looking really, really good.

:thumbsup:
I Approve!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Universal Codex Optimism is pretty creepy.
If it makes you feel better I think it's very possible the systems will be terribad considering their shitty P&P-derived origins in addition to the relatively brief amount of time they've given themselves to make it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom