Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New site sucks in widescreen

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why is the central box of forum threads so narrow? It used to stretch all the way to the edges.

Please fix
2022-06-13-17-18-54-General-RPG-Discussion-rpgcodex-Now-open-but-work-in-progress.png

Ravielsk

Magister
Yeah, so much wasted space. I also hate how "new posts" are now under squeezed under "Whats new" when there is a ton of empty space on the upper panels. How exactly does this help even phone users? This is compacted like its made for 4:3 monitors.
u8NPmru.png

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I would also prefer, if it used the whole screen like before. What is the idea behind these fixed width sites anyway? Aren't sites supposed to be reponsive and adjust themselves to the size of the viewer's screen? Still, even big sites like Github just ignore almost 50% of the screen size on big monitors. I don't understand this web development trend at all

Last edited:

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Lots of empty space on my glorious 16:10 screen. There should be a button to make the forum use the whole screen (that feature exists, I've seen it on other XenForo forums).

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I would also prefer, if it used the whole screen like before. What is the idea behind these fixed width sites anyway? Aren't sites supposed to be reponsive and adjust themselves to the size of the viewer's screen? Still, even big sites like Github just ignore almost 50% of the screen size on big monitors. I don't understand this web development trend at all
It's supposed to improve readability: Compare https://motherfuckingwebsite.com/ with http://bettermotherfuckingwebsite.com/.

Yeah, so much wasted space. I also hate how "new posts" are now under squeezed under "Whats new" when there is a ton of empty space on the upper panels. How exactly does this help even phone users? This is compacted like its made for 4:3 monitors.
u8NPmru.png

The site is fucking broken on mobile, funnily enough. The top banner thing with your avatar and notification thing and so on takes up almost half the fucking screen.

Trojan_generic

Magister
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
The site is fucking broken on mobile, funnily enough. The top banner thing with your avatar and notification thing and so on takes up almost half the fucking screen.
Yes, I tried on my phone as well and it was something my ex-wife would have described as 'shocking shit'.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom