Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New site sucks in widescreen

Camel

Scholar
150% zoom niggers and your problem with lack of space will go away.
Cope harder. Site admin and his programmer couldn't even stretch their site to fit the browser which is a straightforward task.

Trojan_generic

Magister
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
You have to count 1+1 to find out what's going on:

- the Sheriff is trying to limit quote pyramids
- the Codex nowadays is visually a more narrow experience

Conclusion: admins are trying to limit bandWIDTH

SlamDunk

Arcane
Yes, it really sucks. Unlimited site width is the best way to go.

Also, make the text color slightly gray. It's better for the eyesight, in the long run.

Lastly: button with the most ratings on the left, as it used to be.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I prefer it this way with everything being concentrated in the middle tbh. And the way that some parts of the old site would stretch out to the sides leaving a bunch of empty space in the middle was odd, like in the thread index page, etc.

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
It may be because I'm viewing the Codex most often on a curved gaming monitor, so things being centred tends to be better than looking at it at the curved edges of the screen. Not sure, either way it's a fairly strong preference on this screen at least.
Ah yes, that probably is the explanation. I have a regular monitor but I can imagine that it is annoying to look at the edges on a curved one

SumDrunkGuy

How do you delete a string of quotes so you're only quoting one person? Before I could just copy all the old quotes and delete them but now it seems I can only delete the text of the quote and not the quote box.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
How do you delete a string of quotes so you're only quoting one person? Before I could just copy all the old quotes and delete them but now it seems I can only delete the text of the quote and not the quote box.
The easiest method for editing quotes now seems to be to click the [ ] icon located on the upper-right of your post-in-progress, which toggles your view of the BB code, allowing you to edit it directly. Although both the BB code view and the default view seem to have issues when dealing with quotes; perhaps that could be fixed at some point.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Put the cursor in empty box and click on the quote icon above.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Remove all text inside the quote. Put the cursor right below the quote. Press Backspace.

You can also quote a single person by selecting the text. A bubble with +Quote, +Reply will appear. Then there are no multi-quotes in the first place.
it sucks on mobile too
You should still be able to quote text by selecting it on mobile. On newer Android versions there's a helper zoom window for selecting to the exact letter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom