Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Skyrim footage

Gord

Arcane
Well you know there actually are games that have better textures on pc, hardly a completely different version.

Bahamut

Arcane
Excidium said:
Gord said:
To bring that up again, has anyone ever seen some actual PC footage from the game?
Something to judge whether the textures will have higher resolution on pc (knowing Behtesda they won't) or if the interface will be pc-lized (knowing Behtesda it won't)?

Yes, they totally developed a completely different version only for PCs. :roll:

Ofc its different, it got herpes Steam!

Aldebaran

Erudite
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Okay, that werewolf sprinting is pretty neat, but that video really makes me wonder why Beth is putting so much emphasis on the third person view, it looks damn clunky.

Also, maybe the wolfman had already executed the the majority of that place, but it looked pretty empty. Was that supposed to be a town?

ZeniBot

Cipher
Okay, that werewolf sprinting is pretty neat, but that video really makes me wonder why Beth is putting so much emphasis on the third person view, it looks damn clunky.

This is what I don't get either. For all their "Immershun" shit talking they did with Fallout 3, for them to now go backwards and focus more on the 3rd person camera seems rightfully hypocritical of them.

Also I have no idea why they took the paper doll out of the inventory screen, now you have no fucking idea what you character looks like- requiring multiple visits to the inventory screen- when Morrowind just had it so you could minimize the paper doll.. ffs, way to over complicate it.

Multi-headed Cow

Mastermind said:
http://188.165.209.105/~wootbiz/test/skyrim2.html

3 hour gameplay video of leaked 360 version.
HE STOLE FARMER'S POTATO : x

Multi-headed Cow

10:23 PM - Multi-headed Cow: Ahahahahahaha
10:23 PM - Multi-headed Cow: Was jumping ahead since I wasn't gonna watch the whole video
10:23 PM - Multi-headed Cow: Dude has a quest to intimidate some farmer chick.
10:24 PM - Multi-headed Cow: First time he shows up at the farm it's night time. He enters her house, she's on her bed. He tries talking, she says "You're not supposed to be in here"
10:24 PM - Multi-headed Cow: Pulls out his weapon, zaps her with lightning bolt, his companion chops her with an axe an kills her. QUEST FAILED, I got carried away and killed Gwendolyn.
10:24 PM - Multi-headed Cow: Reloads his save, steps outside, waits until day.
10:24 PM - Multi-headed Cow: Talks to chick.
10:25 PM - Multi-headed Cow: Has a skill check "Brawl", fails it, chick says YEAH COME AT ME BRO (Or Skyrim equivalent) and starts punching him. He starts punching her. She takes off running, hides in mill, dude walks up, companion LEAPS FROM THE SIDE OF THE SCREEN WITH AXE AND CHOPS WOMAN
10:25 PM - Multi-headed Cow: QUEST FAILED, I got carried away and killed Gwendolyn.

To Skyrim's possible credit it appears the game is set to allow you to carry on after blowing the quest. It tells you to report back to questman.

Edit: So in my skipping around on the video I also saw the guy get completely raped by a troll and a giant. Each took negligible amounts of damage from his arrows/weapons/magic (Maybe 10% max) and killed him in one or two hits. Level scaling appears to be less.

INCLINE OF BETHESDA. SKYRIM RPG OF THE YEAR ALL YEARS.

Would have been great if he tracked down the Greybeards, did some quests with handlers to gain access to them...

...and then got turned to jelly the first time one tried to talk to him.

"Welco-"

*Splurch*

zeitgeist

Magister
ZeniBot said:
Also I have no idea why they took the paper doll out of the inventory screen, now you have no fucking idea what you character looks like- requiring multiple visits to the inventory screen- when Morrowind just had it so you could minimize the paper doll.. ffs, way to over complicate it.

The entire UI is absolutely ridiculous for a game that's basically about nothing but paperdolling and loot/inventory management. At least in Fallout 3 there was an in-game explanation for the UI abstraction.

Also, here's a fun fact: apparently at least some enemies can't follow you into water at all. For example wolves and the human guards in the first village. You can just park your character a few feet away from the river bank, and they'll stand there and growl or shout insults at you forever.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
zeitgeist said:
Also, here's a fun fact: apparently at least some enemies can't follow you into water at all. For example wolves and the human guards in the first village. You can just park your character a few feet away from the river bank, and they'll stand there and growl or shout insults at you forever.

:lol:

Bethesda Innovation is truly amazing.

ksjav

Scholar
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014
Jaesun said:
zeitgeist said:

Gothic 3 did it first :(

Luzur

Good Sir
Jaesun said:
zeitgeist said:

so swimming is out, i guess?

zeitgeist

Magister
Fun swimming-related fact #2: to fish, you just swim underwater and pick the fish like mushrooms.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
zeitgeist said:
Fun swimming-related fact #2: to fish, you just swim underwater and pick the fish like mushrooms.
That's how nord fish.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom