Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Space Hulk

Diablo169

Arcane
The interview on RPS sounds promising, except they keep mentioning the new X-Com as inspiration. That's..........troubling.

spectre

Arcane
Boy the interviewer is one annoying cunt.
So it seems like it's going to be a sexed up Alien Assault with a level editor.
Too bad the vid reminded me of all the things I'm not too keen about in SH, specifically elite spees mahrines that can't hit the broad side of the barn 5m away and losing valuable units due to bad luck jam :-/
I would hope that they included the rule that allowed you to clear jams on the stealer turn by spending CPs... oh well.

Looks solid though.

knightley

Educated
The video looks ok, but all the scrolling hurt my head. Why not a standard iso or overhead view.

Absalom

I tried to watch that video but that guy was speaking far too softly for me

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Let's read some CD-Action forum user reactions to the new Space Hulk!

"Is there any info about this game out? What RTS will it be, base-building, army-formation and base assault or commanding one squad/hero?"

"As much as I like W40k, I won't even touch this. This ain't even an RTS, but some TBS (which you can see on screens). The graphix are soso (worse than dow2 imo) and to be frank, fighting tyranids in corridors that hold only 1 termie and 1 tyranid is not for me"

"I don't like turn-based games :/ "

"whoa this gameplay will look like eg in fallout moving chratcters action points etc"

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

"Is there any info about this game out? What RTS will it be, base-building, army-formation and base assault or commanding one squad/hero?"

"As much as I like W40k, I won't even touch this. This ain't even an RTS, but some TBS (which you can see on screens). The graphix are soso (worse than dow2 imo) and to be frank, fighting tyranids in corridors that hold only 1 termie and 1 tyranid is not for me"

"whoa this gameplay will look like eg in fallout moving chratcters action points etc"

HOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO.

I weep.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I don't know about you, but I found classifying 'moving characters', sorry, "chratcters", as a "fallout gameplay" feature pretty damn amusing :lol:

Bulba

Learned
looks great, will demo once it comes out before buying through.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity

why do you even browse that shit, I don't even

it's worse than fucking kotaku

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom