Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Star Trek RPG Announced

L'ennui

Magister
A new Trek game has been announced. It's being made by Modiphius and uses their 2d20 system. Apparently the lead designer is the guy who wrote the recent FFG Star Wars games. Does anyone here have any experience with the 2d20 system? I know there's been a Conan game that uses it.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Information on the Star Trek game is here: http://www.modiphius.com/star-trek.html

I looked over the Conan Playtest rules when the kickstarter was going on. At first glance I thought it looked way too story-gamey for my taste, but without actually playing in a game it's difficult to say how it feels at the table.

Here's the core 2D20 mechanic in Modiphius' own words
"The game is built around a core mechanic of rolling under an Attribute plus Skill total on two twenty sided dice. Multiple successes are possible and can be used to create the cinematic action.

Beastro

Arcane
This gonna be a ship-centric RPG or are they retarded enough to turn Trek's lamest aspect, it's gun fighting, into an RPG?

Lennac

Barely Literate
This gonna be a ship-centric RPG or are they retarded enough to turn Trek's lamest aspect, it's gun fighting, into an RPG?

From their website:

Will it be combat focused or more like the shows?
In Star Trek Adventures the ability to solve problems, deal with moral dilemmas, unearth conspiracies or ancient mysteries, will be as important as being able to command a ship in action or lead an Away Team under fire.

Hopefully they'll follow through on this, but the sentiment is at least a positive one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom