Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Total War game: Warhammer

Apparently The creative assembly (known for the total war series) are to partner up with Games workshop to make some Warhammer game(s). It would be reasonable to expect this to be strategy games I assume considering the developers earlier games, though nothing much seems to be known so far about it.

Sites currently under very heavy load it seems and doesn't load well/at all.

http://www.creative-assembly.com/se...ith-games-workshop-to-create-warhammer-games/
Grabbed this Screenshot of their facebook page so it seems to be legit
5u856.jpg

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Trying not to get my hopes up too much but having played that russian TW: Mediaval Warhammer mod I'm expecting nothing less than Total War Engine game in Warhammer world now.

mondblut

Arcane
Warhammer: Total War would be good.

But I am afraid some RTS crap for consoletards is more likely.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Fapping cautiously...

I could reach the site. here's the announcement:

December 6, 2012
SEGA and Creative Assembly Announce Partnership with Games Workshop to Create Warhammer Games

SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON – 11AM GMT, December 6, 2012 – SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA® Europe Ltd. today announced that Creative Assembly™, award-winning creator of the Total War™ series, and SEGA® Group have entered into a multi-title licensing deal with Games Workshop® to create videogames based in the Warhammer® universe of fantasy battles.
A new high-calibre development team has been set up at Creative Assembly’s UK studio to work alongside the existing Total War, Alien™ IP and Mobile teams on the first Warhammer title in the deal, scheduled to launch from beyond 2013.
“With this year being our 25th anniversary”, said Tim Heaton, Studio Director at Creative Assembly, “it seems fitting for us to embark on such a dream project with such a well-established partner. The incredibly rich and detailed Warhammer world is something we grew up with, and has left an indelible imprint on us as both designers and gamers.”
“We’ll be doing the Warhammer universe justice in a way that has never been attempted before. We’re bringing those 25 years of experience and expertise in extremely high-scoring games to bear, delivering a Warhammer experience that videogamers will absolutely love.”
“We have enormous respect for SEGA and Creative Assembly and have felt for a long time that the combination of the enormously rich setting of the Warhammer world, and their stunning development talent is a match with huge potential,” said Jon Gillard, Games Workshop’s Head of Licensing. “Now that we’ve managed to bring these two giants of gaming together it is safe to say that some truly amazing products are going to be unleashed as a result. We are excited at the possibilities, and are enthusiastically working with the team at Creative Assembly already.”
This first Warhammer game joins the eagerly-awaited Total War™: Rome II and the untitled Alien IP as one of five projects currently in production at Creative Assembly, now one of the largest developers in Europe.
For future updates and career opportunities please visit www.creative-assembly.com.

About Creative Assembly
Founded in 1987 and based in Horsham, West Sussex, Creative Assembly is one of the UK’s most successful and established game studios. Creator of the multi award-winning Total War strategy series, the studio has received numerous press, industry and consumer accolades, including BAFTA and the Develop Industry Excellence awards. With nearly 250 highly talented developers and counting, the studio is expanding to embark on thrilling new triple-A console, PC and mobile projects.

About Games Workshop®:
Games Workshop® Group PLC (LSE:GAW.L) is based in Nottingham, UK. Games Workshop designs, manufactures, retails, and distributes its range of Warhammer® and Warhammer® 40,000® games, miniature soldiers, novels and model kits through more than 400 of its own Hobby centres, the Internet and independent retail channels in more than 50 countries worldwide. Further details on the company can be obtained at www.games-workshop.com
Warhammer © Games Workshop Limited 2012. Games Workshop, the Games Workshop logo, GW, Warhammer, the Warhammer logo, the foregoing marks’ respective logos and all associated marks, logos, names, places, characters, creatures, races and race insignia, illustrations and images from the the Warhammer world and Warhammer game setting are either ®, TM and/or © Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2012, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.

About SEGA® Europe Ltd.:
SEGA® Europe Ltd. is the European Distribution arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA® Corporation, and a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. SEGA Europe’s web site is located at www.sega.com

About SEGA® of America, Inc.:
SEGA® of America, Inc. is the American arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA® Corporation, a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. SEGA of America’s Web site is located at www.sega.com

Paging Trash -- This could be relevant to Tacticular Cancer's interests.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Heh... Good point. Gotta see how THQs stock fares now that no more Dawn Of War games are on the horizon.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I wonder if the Call of Warhammer team will get take down notices and a C&D order?

There's no information on the game/series itself though. I wouldn't be off if I said there's probably the assumption that it'll basically be Warhammer: Total War (which it might), but for all we know it could be that hack n slash junk CA does (Total Warrior?). Might even be a Dawn of War game. Who knows.

Will be interested to see what happens. The only thing definitive out of this announcement really is how fucked THQ is.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
So what is SEGA's role in this? Have they always been involved with the Total War series (of which I've only briefly played Rome)?
I associate SEGA with consoles and anime artwork...

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
So what is SEGA's role in this? Have they always been involved with the Total War series (of which I've only briefly played Rome)?
I associate SEGA with consoles and anime artwork...

SEGA owns CA. Think they were bought out during M2:TW development.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wrong forum.

Also, this shit better be PC-exclusive.

:yeah:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Finally. I was waiting for ages for CA to make something more fanatasy/SF (i.e. not in the realistic periods like they always do). And I'm glad they got Warhammer of all the other developers. This could be good. MAN, this could be GOOD.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I have mixed feelings about this. Knowing their previous games it could be complete shit with nothing in common with WH Fantasy other than how units look like.

But there is hope.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Why is it that always these shit inane childish settings become so popular?

I'd love to see a Total War game in a fictional setting, preferably a dark grim Sci-Fi settings, but without silly Örkse please. I fucking hate Orcs. WH40K doesn't count either because that's Ultra-Shit(tm).

Morkar Left

What sort of DRM/copyprotection do they use recently?

I doubt its gonna be turn-based, to my limited knowledge Warhammer40k was strategy and Warhammer was role-play, I didnt know Warhammer was also strategy,

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom