Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Total War game: Warhammer

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Dev blog about Empire Architecture:

700px-Emp_Arch_8.jpg

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Empire_Architecture_Blog

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hahaha, and GW ditched that for their new Age of Sigmar faggotry, HAHAHAHAHAH!

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
What that's mean?

I was joking a little, but that was my reaction when I saw the amazing Old World dwarfs and then I compared it to the new blank slate of a setting. They (Games Workshop) ditched a detailed, dark but also funny world (Warhammer Fantasy), the collective work of many people during decades, with a unique personality and cool background, for a Warhammer 40K conversion. So, now, when at last fans get (if you believe the hype and all) the Warhammer Fantasy video game they have always wanted (with hundred or thousands of units)... Warhammer Fantasy dies and we get whatever this is:

1100px-Age_Of_Slugmang_Banner.png

I'm only talking about lore, history, fluff, world-building, etc. The new Warhammer rules may actually be great, I don't. I know the old settings, races and all of that will be in the new one, too. I mean, the orks are there, but they just changed their names to "orruks". And why? IP paranoia. Orks -> Orruks, Elf-> Aelf; Ogre -> Ogor or some shit.

Screw them if they believe I'm going to call my dwarfs "duaerdin" or whatever.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
If you can set the battle speed, the only relevant factor is the killing speed/moving speed, so having units move faster might give a hope for letting you bring reinforcements to a melee before it is over as long as you don't play at the intended fast forward speed.

kris

Arcane
If you can set the battle speed, the only relevant factor is the killing speed/moving speed, so having units move faster might give a hope for letting you bring reinforcements to a melee before it is over as long as you don't play at the intended fast forward speed.

The reinforcements aint getting there in time because the battle is over in 5 minutes.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter

Positioning is extremely relevant especially with cavalry where charge and retreat decides the outcome of battle. Making unit speed faster just turns this into a starcraft clickspree for ADD afflicted teens and that's just not the kind of game that I want personally.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
You can use pause and issue commands during pause. It worked in Shogun 2 and it allowed tactical battles.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
You can play with the dumbshit AI like a friendless retard and waste your time. Or you can have friends play in coop campaigns and most importantly multiplayer battle, which is the real meat of the game.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Anyone with an IQ above 105 would not bear the braindead total war AI for more than 3 play sessions.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
It's not the meat as in marketing meat. It's the meat as in the only thing of worth in the game.

That's true. I would never play against the AI in any RTS unless it's a rigidly scripted campaign for fun.

Steve

Augur
Regardless, MP never been the meat of TW games, in fact I don't know anyone that played it.

As for the AI, could be said about almost every single strategy game.

Empire and Napoleon were a blast in multiplayer if you played it with the right people as some serious house ruling were needed to balance out the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom