Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Total War game: Warhammer

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
This game would rise and fall on strategic layer. Either they would make it detailed simulation of empire managenment, and force each faction to engage by mostly imperfect armies. Or it would be 20 unit stack attacking 20 unit stack as it was in Rome II emperor edition.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
You degenerates should know better than to get excited about this shit. Every fucking time, it's the same story, they release a pretty trailer to a tw game and people start getting excited by the pretty graphics, only to pre-order and end up regretting all their hyped up nonsense.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
You degenerates should know better than to get excited about this shit. Every fucking time, it's the same story, they release a pretty trailer to a tw game and people start getting excited by the pretty graphics, only to pre-order and end up regretting all their hyped up nonsense.
I'm pirating stuff. Because I'm not stupid to pay even half price for that buggy mess it's at release.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
You'll play that. With a static campaign map, railroaded campaigns with quest chains and lots of triggers. Add to that an engine that simply doesn't do battles well and you'll have a game with the same floaty feel like the last TW's. This is a great IP and setting that's about to be ruined by a company that's way past its glory days and keeps milking the cow for all that its worth. And I'm not even talking about GW.

The company that once brought you stuff like this:
Empire_1_.jpg

But now brings you stuff like this:
4fc8fbcceacec3de99144d4de3fb9c09.jpg

Has partnered with the company that once brought you stuff like this:
51Z6Y5WY8XL.jpg

But now brings you stuff like this:
Total%20War%20Rome%202%20Cover.jpg

What could possibly go wrong? Plus if you pre-order you get the Chaos faction for FREE! FREE!!!

Last edited:

Seethe

Arbiter

I'm not even getting excited about pirating it, since it's going to be an unplayable pile of garbage, and therefore a waste of time. The DLC move just made me shake my head, that's all.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
They released more pictures of the campaign map and a Greenskin campaign gameplay video:

Ewk3xKo.jpg

n2l9njR.jpg

The campaign map will have 52 provinces with 140 regions (Rome 2: 57 provinces). The two sequels will add to this. Sounds huge, maybe even too huge, like Rome 2.

Like im M2TW, there will be a major invasion later in the campaign, again hordes from the steppes, but this time of course the chaos wastes.

They say they want to keep the sandbox style and don't railroad the player too much, even though the factions are very different. Theoretically, you could trade with the Orks as a humies player.

Every faction has two possible leaders, Humans can either pick Karl Franz or Balthasar Gelt. With the latter, you also get to avoid the prologue tutorial campaign.

Last edited:

spectre

Arcane
So, once again they showcase unimportant shit that you stop paying attention to 2 hours in.
Still, I give it to them, lots of work and lots of amazing details, shame it's just there to waste processing power for the most part.

Spotted stuff:
(o) Magical items with "groundbreaking" bonuses like +8% to something and +5% to something else. Will we ever get rid of this shit?
(o) The banner mechanics looks interesting (if only because they give an actually substantial bonus, as much as I can see).
(o) Unit cards blur into an indistinguishable mess. Guess they will not learn.
(o) Build mechanics looks same as in Rome 2. Not surprising, but the UI looks a tiny bit more informative.
(o) Good to see there will be a bunch of unique faction mechanics.

Still, not deluding myself that it will be an actually good strategy game.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
You cucks will never learn, I'm seeing the reserved optimism creeping in, the expectations slowly building, the clicks of steam wishlists being updated...

Will end badly for many codexers, but after fallout 4, nothing surprises me about codex.

Beowulf

Arcane
Bleeh.

It's HoM&M VII map with corridors.

Which is actually good, as the CAI won't blunder that much any more.
In other words, it's a new 3d graphical representation of MTW strategic map :D

kris

Arcane
Will they make a special underworld map for an introduction of Skaven? Or will the be cityless?

Loren as being in the middle of the map was just terra incognito.

Rellin

Novice
You cucks will never learn, I'm seeing the reserved optimism creeping in, the expectations slowly building, the clicks of steam wishlists being updated...

Will end badly for many codexers, but after fallout 4, nothing surprises me about codex.

I agree, but I can't help but be hopeful.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Will they make a special underworld map for an introduction of Skaven? Or will the be cityless?

Seeing as how traveling underground is now simply an 'army stance' I would highly doubt that. And what a piss poor solution that is. The days of underworlds in strategy games like AOW are long past.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom