Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Total War game: Warhammer

Beowulf

Arcane
[...ICH KANN PASTE MEMES...] AND TOLD THEM HOW UNGRATEFUL BIATCHES YOU ARE.
For real, many people including me, dreamed about game like this from time they first played Dark Omen or SoftHR, many more want WHFB on PC becouse that universe soon will be only
history in RL after GW stopped production of WHFB at all. And some assholes just can't stand without yelling how bad world is? Are You real ?
It may be mediocre game (but i think all three will be greatest WHFB games ever created ) but it's last goodbye to once king of tabletop gaming.
SO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LET US ENJOY YOU TROLLING SHIT !

For realz, are you one of those guys at reddit who start threads with titles: "Can we all stop now and thank CA for the wonderfull work they've done, and giving as the best Warhammer game to evarr"?
Because you sure sound as one.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
It may be mediocre game (but i think all three will be greatest WHFB games ever created ) but it's last goodbye to once king of tabletop gaming.
Are you willing to go that far with your fanboyism and send me a free spare key? I suggest to find some cheap site, because I could obtain a key for 38 $ VAT included.

The ugly truth is this game would be fleshed out after its second expansion, and until then mistakes of CA would be obvious.

Everyone would simply love to see weird shit full of crazy skavens, smart and retaliating undead, and noble arrogant elves. But the problem is CA isn't able to deliver. They are unable to make proper strategic (economy/empire building) part. So while all these different nations have different state behavior/requirements, they slapped all of them under one set of rules and only changed what they are using instead of gold.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
ND TOLD THEM HOW UNGRATEFUL BIATCHES YOU ARE.
For real, many people including me, dreamed about game like this from time they first played Dark Omen or SoftHR, many more want WHFB on PC becouse that universe soon will be only
history in RL after GW stopped production of WHFB at all. And some assholes just can't stand without yelling how bad world is? Are You real ?

You sound like one of those people who regularly ask that PC gamers not criticize AAA games because AAA publishers are going to stop publishing games on PC.

Nahel

Arcane
AND TOLD THEM HOW UNGRATEFUL BIATCHES YOU ARE.

Please kill yourself. You are the reason we can't have nice things.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Has the Codex ever been positive about a game that wasn't a garage-indie one man operation made on a negative budget that sells three copies, but where the developer personally corresponds with every critic and 'helpful advice-giver'? Bonus points if they're active on the Codex.

The major exception to the above being games produced when the Codexer was between 12 and 16 (i.e. the games that made them hobbyists).

If we want to talk truth, let's talk truth: TW Warhammer will be a competent, fun distraction while its novelty holds up. They'll stretch said novelty by introducing new content, periodically. The core design will be hit and miss, ultimately resulting in a 7.5/10 game (in Codex terms: the worst thing to happen since the Justinian Plague) that eats up between 20-40 hours of your life, and then another 5-10 every time a major DLC is released (that you buy or pirate).

It won't be innovative enough to get more play out of people who aren't obsessed with the WHF universe, nor will it be bad enough that people regret the purchase in any serious way.

Of course, it will thus become another proof that the world is entering a new period of darkness and decline, and teeth will be gnashed in fury and outrage.

kris

Arcane
Everyone would simply love to see weird shit full of crazy skavens, smart and retaliating undead, and noble arrogant elves. But the problem is CA isn't able to deliver. They are unable to make proper strategic (economy/empire building) part. So while all these different nations have different state behavior/requirements, they slapped all of them under one set of rules and only changed what they are using instead of gold.

The real problem IMO is going to be the braindead AI that will make all players sweep the maps with their uberheroes. yeah yeah, I would probably have bought it if I didn't already know that it is going to have 30 DLC attached to it. So I will bide my time...

He's an outspoken DA:I fan.

that pretty damning.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy

AND HERE IT COMES YA NO LIFE FAGS! https://forums.totalwar.com/discuss...upport-steam-workshop-for-total-war-warhammer

FULL MOD SUPPORT FROM RELEASE DAY FOR WARHAMMER TW. MUHAHAHAHA, SHUT YOUR FUKIN YELLIN NOW AND LET TRUE FANS ENJOY YA MAGGOTS.

We can recreate whole fukin DARK OMEN and SHADOW OF THE HORNED RAT and endless number of tabletop campaigns, troops, sieges, units, scenarios and rules now.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA, INSANE MUAHAHAHAHAHA.
SUCKERS! BTW. Little play in Maya, or 3dsMax /Blender + animators and we can sculpt any WH models we want , muahahahahahahah.

Last edited:

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
fanboy.png

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
"2) Get the Assembly Kit.
We’re a little short on time before launch, so it won't initially be as full-featured as previous titles, but will at least include the Database Editor and BOB for modifying and exporting database tables and campaign start positions, and packing them all into mod packs.
We hope to add further functionality, such as battle map editing, later on in the year."

Hahah that's big fucking nothing.

And now for something completely different:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...me-will-bomb&p=2104495&viewfull=1#post2104495

:hero:

Last edited:

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Best case scenario, the game will be somewhat playable in a year's time once they've bundled it with all the DLC as a GOTY edition, at half the original game's price.

I was stupid enough to buy Rome II on Launch, not falling for that shit again.

Mazisky

Magister
Still no night battles footage, i guess there is no night in this game, even with VC

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Guys you know there's an excellent warhammer mod for medieval 2 right? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?525138-RodG-1-5-Easy-and-painfree-Installation

And there is also a submod with sandbox campaign and almost the whole warhammer map http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?665359-COW-Beginning-of-The-End-Times.
How does it handle magic and heroes? they must be hard to do in the MTW engine, but that would not be too far away from STW2 kensais and similar units.

Mazisky

Magister
Long Vampire campaign walktrough released and still no night missions. Only a darker daylight. Disappoint

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom