Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Vegas Custom Music

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
After a while I got bored with the original radiostations and I started building my own playlist. I felt like there were three genres fitting the game - big band, country, and those popular 40s - 50s classics which I find difficult to assign to a genre.
For big band I chose the following
  1. Bobby Darin - Ace In The Hole (Live)
  2. 1946 HITS ARCHIVE: The Dark Town Poker Club - Phil Harris (his original ARA version)
  3. Bobby Darin & Johnny Mercer - Two of a kind
  4. "Opus Two" Tommy Dorsey
  5. 1946 HITS ARCHIVE: Hey Ba-Ba-Re-Bop - Lionel Hampton (vocal by Hamp & the band)
  6. 1946 HITS ARCHIVE: One-Zy Two-Zy (I Love You-zy) - Freddy Martin (Martin Men, vocal)
  7. Frank Sinatra All of Me
  8. Frank Sinatra - Fly Me To The Moon
  9. Dean Martin - "Ain't That a Kick in the Head" (Lyrics)
  10. Frank Sinatra- I've got you under my skin
There are more good ones, but I don't want to shift my soundtrack too much in one direction, and I want to keep the overall number manageable. No clear transition from big band to popular songs:
  1. Frank Sinatra - The World We Knew (Over and Over) - This is Sawyer-Approved breaks the theme a bit, I guess, but it would be great for the main menu
  2. 1953 HITS ARCHIVE: We’ll Meet Again - Vera Lynn
  3. I’ve Heard That Song Before - Harry James (Helen Forrest, vocal) -- this is actually marked as an FNV song in the video. It's a later, cleaner sounding version of this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYgZEk2xtBM
  4. Peggy Lee - It's A Good Day (lyrics) -- picked for the contrast against the overall post-apocalyptic atmosphere
  5. Judy Garland - Get Happy - Summer Stock - 1950 -- contains lyrics like "we're heading across the river, wash your sins away in the tide. It's quiet and peaceful on the other side."
  6. 1946 HITS ARCHIVE: Doin' What Comes Natur'lly - Dinah Shore & Spade Cooley
  7. 1946 HITS ARCHIVE: Doctor Lawyer Indian Chief - Betty Hutton (a #1 record)
  8. 1948 HITS ARCHIVE: Nature Boy - Nat King Cole (his original #1 version)
  9. 1949 HITS ARCHIVE: A Little Bird Told Me - Evelyn Knight (a #1 record)
  10. 1949 HITS ARCHIVE: Riders In The Sky - Vaughn Monroe (a #1 record)
1957 HITS ARCHIVE: Raunchy - Ernie Freeman - not sure what genre does this fall into, but it's pretty good for outdoors exploration/combat
  1. Lonesome Traveller - Karl Denver -- too late version but the best one
  2. Johnny Cash - Don't take your guns to town
  3. Johnny Cash - A boy named Sue
  4. Johnny Cash - Wanted Man
  5. Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues -- I know folsom prison is in California, but it's still a prison and it's the Western states
  6. Howlin' Wolf - Forty Four -- the game uses ammo separated by calibers and there is .44
  7. Howlin' Wolf - I Asked For Water (She Gave Me Gasoline)
  8. lightnin' hopkins - bring me my shotgun -- Hopkins was from Texas, plus the song reminds me of Boone's story, only in the song it's the singer who wants to shoot his wife
  9. Howlin' Wolf - Spoonful
There's a lot more that could be added or some songs substituted for others. If you have songs that fit the FNV setting well, put them up.

Edit: Oh, damn, this should be in the Obsidian subforum...

Severian Silk

Shit. I clicked on one of those links, and now YouTube is going to feed me all these songs from now on.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Greennfields - Brothers Four

Once there were green fields, kissed by the sun.
Once there were valleys, where rivers used to run.
Once there were blue skies, with white clouds high above.
Once they were part of an everlasting love.
We were the lovers who strolled through green fields.
Green fields are gone now, parched by the sun.
Gone from the valleys, where rivers used to run.
Gone with the cold wind, that swept into my heart.
Gone with the lovers, who let their dreams depart.
Where are the green fields, that we used to roam ?
I'll never know what, made you run away.
How can I keep searching when dark clouds hide the day.
I only know there's, nothing here for me.
Nothing in this wide world, left for me to see.
Still I'll keep on waiting, until you return.
I'll keep on waiting, until the day you learn.
You can't be happy, while your heart's on the roam,
You can't be happy until you bring it home.
Home to the green fields, and me once again.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
For your African American playthrough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom