Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News New Vegas - Dead Money is kind of released

Multi-headed Cow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llAPDMYBexU
Saw this online. When he gets to the zone for the new area, it mentions that in hardcore mode you have to deal with environmental dangers which in normal you don't. Kinda cool.

Also mentions it wants you to be level 20+, so either no level scaling or less.

FaChoi

Educated
Not sure how TES works but this;
318628-TYN9QN8.jpg

Is the first guy that speaks to you after you enter the bunker and I see a level multiplier stat so level scaling = yes ??

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Metro said:
Freelance Henchman said:
The Game of the Year(tm) Just Got Better(tm)!

Pretty much this -- I have NV penciled in as a 2012 purchase.
Yeah, but I have been holding off FO3 GOTY as I heard it is pretty bad. Maybe I'll cave in and get FO:NV soon, but then it is buggy.

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
Radisshu said:
Barrow_Bug said:
SimpleComplexity said:
What's next Obshitian/Beshitsda? Ghouls who ride harley davidson and ignite their heads with gasoline?

:/ Honestly man, is this how fucking post every time? Are you being ironic? Are you trolling? Is this your shtick? Either way, pretty retarded, Bro.

It's pretty obviously this:

What+Trolls+Want+You+To+Think.png

:lol:

Eyeball

Arcane
Father Elijah? Cool, I was wondering why that guy didn't show up in the basic NV storyline, considering he gets talked about a great deal.

Rumour even has it that the Burned Man might appear in future DLC - that would be badass, maybe have some kind of major storyline associated with him where you can avenge him by killing Caesar and re-instating him as head honcho of the Legion.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Mighty Mouse said:
Metro said:
Freelance Henchman said:
The Game of the Year(tm) Just Got Better(tm)!

Pretty much this -- I have NV penciled in as a 2012 purchase.
Yeah, but I have been holding off FO3 GOTY as I heard it is pretty bad. Maybe I'll cave in and get FO:NV soon, but then it is buggy.

I might be lucky, but I had a total of three memorable problems with vanilla NV:

Animation glitches where various scorpions would get stuck in the ground/their skeletons would fuck up and stretch across the area. Meh.
Three crashes in 30 hours. Not quite game-destroying.
One quest glitch where I had to input a single console command to progress. Obviously more serious, but it was a recognised bug which only comes about if you do one late-game NCR quest while simultaneously being allied with another faction and working against the NCR behind their back as well as enforcing a peace treaty with a third faction beforehand; honestly, not to sound like an apologist, but for that level of interplay and variable outcomes, I'll take a couple of rough bits until it's patched up. I think the latest patch fixes this one, anyway.

zeraw

Novice
Fachoi wrote:
Can't get the BSA files to load right so everything is a big red triangle Sad

Yesterday, I tried too. If you find a solve for the triangles, please post here.
Did you see the introduction. I saw only a colorful line and subtitles.
And no sound.
greetings

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Can someone who's played it verify if the ghosts thing is stupid or not? If it's explained well, then I don't have a problem not removing it from inventory.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Xor said:
Can someone who's played it verify if the ghosts thing is stupid or not? If it's explained well, then I don't have a problem not removing it from inventory.

There are no ghosts. Period. It's people trapped in hazmat suites that got transformed. From the vault.
. A terminal states that hazmat suits were used when a red cloud of what was supposedly rust hospitalized a worker. The suits forced the workers to communicate using sign language. After venturing into the cloud the seals on the suits corroded forcing the workers to cut open their suits to get out.

It is likely (though not confirmed) that the Ghost People are comprised of residents and workers of the Sierra Madre before the war that failed to escape their suits. The suits are likely to be the reason that none of them talk to their victims.

The cloud itself is actually a fairly interesting concept. Play the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom