Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

News Posting Style

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
I started this thread to hopefully unclutter the News forum from all the retarded flaming going on. I made a suggestion in one of the threads in the News forum that turned into a flamewar, and I'm here to facilitate the acceptance of that bit of advice. So if you have a comment regarding how a news item is reported discuss it here, leave that shit out of the News threads, those are for discussing the merits of the news.

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
I thought I explained that very well. Anytime someone has a problem with a post they can put their comments into this thread instead of cluttering up the News forum with complaints on posting style. That is "unprofessional" as you put it, and is more likely to cause the site to lose potential patrons than certain other actions that have recently caused a ruckus.

Notice how this isn't a flamebait post and it's purpose isn't to draw attention to oneself. Instead it is a perfectly sensible way to give feedback on the site mechanics, specifically in this case News posting. Isn't that why there is a forum dedicated to "Site Feedback", so that discussions can stay on topic intead of becoming flamewars.

Sheriff05

Liturgist
You know dojo, though I'll admit I am warming up to you a bit, Did it ever occur to you that some people may resent your literally "taking over the forums" with now 450+ posts in less than 6 weeks.?? While some of your ideas might have merit and I am sure a few even appreciate your over zealousness. It's not like things haven't been handled effectively before your arrival. With the exception of a few pissing contests between long standing and/or staff members most of the shit around here gets started by stupid noobs who aren't "down with the program". Let me suggest you do not confuse your rapidly expanding post count with the significance of your input.

Seven

Erudite
I think his post count is irrelevent. I think the post is/the idea is counter to the codex. If we're going to allow opinions in news posts then why shouldn't we be allowed to oppose those ideas in the news threads? No thus far has said that having a different opinion is bad, so why not voice our different opinions when the right context presents itself.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
hay who the fuck are you Seven?

So anyway... I'd say this thread is a good idea. I mean, it'll soon be forgotten about and so on, but whatever. It's a good idea. Really.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I said it once and I'll say it again: Ernest Hemingway.

But, had this thread not been derailed, I'd have said that the reason for the fact that recently the forums are full of crapfests might be the nonexistence of such a thread.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom