Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nex Machina - Why isn't there a thread for this Great game?

sullynathan

Arcane
Thanks to Ninja Destroyer, I got this awesome game. Mind you, I'm not a twin stick shooter vetern but I've played some of them as a kid and played some once in a while with the ones that spring up mind being geometry wars and some sections of Furi.

The game is beautiful with its color pallete and partical effects everywhere that, unlike many recent games, usually aren't distracting even when there's 100 enemies and bullets. My system is mid range, but it holds up right at 60 fps maxed out. It's too demanding to reach 144 but its fine.

While the gameplay is very tight and responsive and fairly challenging. 1 touch death and 5 respawns max, I had to be pretty quick not to die especially with the fact that many enemies double as environmental hazards.

Then the Music is great on its own, just listen to it:

I've gotten through 3 of the 5 levels so far. I'd have to say if there was one bad thing, it's when I came back to play the game and I had to restart it from level 1 in Arcade. That shit is terrible because the game doesn't save progress between levels and you have to reach a level in Arcade first before you can play it in Single World.

It also doesn't seem to have online multiplayer which would've been great but I recently got a message when starting the game that it has remoteplay together which would make the point moot, I'll have to test it out.

:incline: Go play it.

Last edited:

RuySan

Augur
This is indeed a flawless arcade experience, but the game forces me to play all in one sitting, without giving me the option to save between levels, and I just don't have time for that. I think that was a big mistake on their part. I get they want to replicate the arcade experience, but I've been there in the arcade era, and I didn't spend one hour playing Double Dragon. And I didn't have kids or a job.

They could have added a "save&quit" funcion, just like Enter The Gungeon.

JDR13

Arcane
It's not bad. I did a seach for it last night after seeing this thread and found it on a third-party store site for around $1.50

Visually, it blows other twin-stick shooters out of the water, and the music is pretty good too. It does get repetitive pretty quick though, and it lacks the personality of games like Smash TV or Total Carnage.

Ivan

Arcane
:necro:

With the release of Returnal, and not having a PS5, I revisited Nex Machina. I recall putting it down after "beating" it once. This time around I've gotten hooked on its arcade tendrils and keep playing not for score but to reach the final boss. I won't uninstall until I can beat her once. Has anyone here achieved that? After that, I'm going to try to complete a run on the Veteran difficulty. I like how they change up the bosses' attack patterns with each difficulty.

TLDR: Fantastic game. One of those games with fantastic "feel," among the likes of Titanfall and Thumper, and Rayman Origins

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom