Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Incline Nexus Now Disallowing Creators To Delete Their Mods (Aug 5 Cutoff Date Passed)

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Immortal, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Stokowski Arcane

Stokowski
    Oh look, the cheerleader's arrived. :hahano:

^ Top  
  2. Immortal Arcane

Immortal
    > Everyone who calls me out for my retarded takes is part of a secret cheerleader cabal

Nice 4D-Chess response, Cope-kowski :positive:

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Lutte Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Lutte
    I think this guy broke an internet autist record. Even among the batshit you rarely see a single screech get that big.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Orud Educated Patron

Orud
    Strap Yourselves In
    Better start quaking in your boots when people that have graduated from the wikipedia/reddit university of law, and don't have the financial resources to host an ftp server, start threatening with legal action.

• Funny Funny x 3
    ^ Top  
  5. Stokowski Arcane

Stokowski
    Have you ever heard of the legend of Sir Bruce?

^ Top  
  6. Stokowski Arcane

Stokowski
    I note you still haven't answered the legal questions I posed in a previous post. Do you not know the answers? If not, why don't you do some research and aim for a little, y'know, self-improvement, instead of continuing to pursue an irrational and persistent pattern of belligerence and a seeming delight in your own ignorance?

:hug:

^ Top  
  7. Non-Edgy Gamer Learned

Non-Edgy Gamer
    Based.

Spergy autists are a fantastic resource for free mods, but their constant drama is beyond annoying.

^ Top  
  8. what am i doing Arcane

what am i doing
    If they want to own the content they make, they should make their own games instead of being parasitic vermin on actual developers.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Non-Edgy Gamer Learned

Non-Edgy Gamer
    This. Technically they own nothing and the devs can take their work and incorporate it into their game without asking them.

^ Top  
  10. somewhatgiggly Learned

somewhatgiggly
    I side with nexus on this; it's a mod hosting site. What reason is there to *delete* a mod? Maybe archiving should be a thing, but there was this one mod I was looking for, I think, for DA:O and the maker was a narcissitic asshole who yeeted their mod off for a petty fucking reason. Not a tech one or a upgrade, just gone because they didn't like how people didn't use their niche mod? And couldn't be assed to host it somewhere?

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  11. Rahdulan Arcane Patron

Rahdulan
    Hmmm.
    https://www.nexusmods.com/news/14543

[​IMG]

• gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. racofer Thread Incliner

racofer
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    ^ Top  
  13. Lord Commissar Alexer Learned

Lord Commissar Alexer
    Nexus:

"Alignment has shifted 20 points towards Good"
    "Alignment has shifted 20 points towards Chaotic"

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Balanced Balanced x 2
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Immortal Arcane

Immortal

Don't question anything - just consume subscription then get excited to pay next monthly installment. :lol:

• consume product consume product x 4
    ^ Top  
  15. Van-d-all Liturgist

Van-d-all
    Always hated the fucking nexus, but now they are pushing the "modding as service" agenda to a point that would make EA proud. Profiteering off actual content, free one at that, takes some serious greedy leeches.

• No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. passerby Augur

passerby
    This move is lawful evil actually.

^ Top  
  17. cretin Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Douchebag! Possibly Retarded Edgy

cretin
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 2
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. cretin Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Douchebag! Possibly Retarded Edgy

cretin
    Should go for the troll move and someone reupload his mods under a different name

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    • incline incline x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. Lutte Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Lutte
    Couldn't be arsed to read everything but one of the first sentences really stuck with me in terms of arrogance :

This sentence heavily implies that 1/ skyrim is not great (I would agree with this) 2/ that those cunt modders are good enough to polish a turd into greatness (LOLNO)
    I've never subscribed to this "modder will fix it" nonsense, you either like skyrim as is (as proved by the huge amount of consoletards who bought and loved the game before their platform started having mods) or you don't and it's not some random shmuck out modding this boring POS who are going to change the nature of the game itself.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  21. JarlFrank I like Thief THIS much Patron

JarlFrank
    Stokowski tell me, you proponent of "creators should be able to pull down everything they made at any point", what you think about the following bit from the Cirsova submission guidelines. It's a classic sword and sorcery magazine that publishes fantasy and sci-fi adventure short stories, and I plan to submit something to it in the next open submission period.

So what's your stance on this extremely standard point, that pretty much every magazine and anthology published in the last 200 years had in their publishing contracts?

They are buying the rights to your story. You can still resell it elsewhere after the six months exclusivity has expired, but that magazine has the right to sell print and electronic copies of the magazine issue containing your story in perpetuity.
    They will never make any changes to your story, or reprint it in a different book - but they can reprint and sell the magazine issue in perpetuity. Even 500 years from now. Forever.

The Nexus now added a similar point to their terms of use. By submitting a mod to the Nexus, you agree that they will have the right to keep that download link up in perpetuity. They will not change your mod. They will not edit its contents. But they will forever and always distribute it in the form that you originally submitted it, until the heat death of the universe.

The fact that the Nexus doesn't pay you for it doesn't matter. The terms of use clearly state their modus operandi. If you're pissed at that, you probably shouldn't do anything creative whatsoever, because never in the history of publishing has there ever been a right to take down your own work as a standard procedure.

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    ^ Top  
  22. Lutte Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Lutte
    The real world has never catered to the schizophrenics. I mean, for what purpose exactly should this even be a viable procedure? when has a good reason been pushed forward other than "people have made meany comments about my stuff so now I want it taken down" and some other thin skinned bullshit. Imagine a book author pulling that one and asking for physical removal from inventories all around the world. Literal child tantrum.

Grow up faggots.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    • Racist Racist x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Zibniyat Arcane

Zibniyat
    :keepmyjewgold:

And lifetime premium membership costs 50 pounds currently, which means with new pricing that'll only net you 10 months.

• decline decline x 3
    • gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. cretin Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Douchebag! Possibly Retarded Edgy

cretin
    Putting aside his blatant narcissism for the moment, the problem with this guy's thesis is he thinks everyone, like him, is trying to "fix" skyrim.

Overwhelming evidence suggests retards are not just content with skyrim, they actually over the moon with it.

Secondary to this, is that he thinks the mod community is invested in improving the gameplay. They are not.

Requiem ostensibly fixes large swathes of Skryim's problems as an rpg, and yet it only has ~400k downloads and ~34k endorsements. The most popular mods are nudity and mods that make the npcs look like either supermodels ready for a photoshoot, or anime characters. Literally a pack of modern salon hair stylings is more popular than any gameplay mod. The closet thing to a gameplay overhaul in the top files is frostfall, a "survival" (bar management) mod that is about one step removed from other reddit tier favorites, such as resource collection and building blocks.

The idiot's problems are: 1. he thought there was a community of people trying to "fix" the game and 2. that they would suck his dick like they do with various other morons

^ Top  
  25. cretin Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Douchebag! Possibly Retarded Edgy

cretin
    By the by, does anyone think a single one of these tantrum chucking nerds will do something productive with the nexodus?

Nexus is shit if you arent paying them money - this is a perfect opportunity for someone to lead the way on a competitor to the nexus. Some enterprising fellow who thinks hes all about "community" could even write a program that downloads nexus mods to google drive and then list these links on his website.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.