Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Myst Neyyah - Riven-like first-person adventure

Beggar

Cipher
But this is just stupid. Can't they find their own style, setting and everything else? This is straight out copy of Myst without a single different element, zero authenticity. Fuck this shit
0/0

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
But this is just stupid. Can't they find their own style, setting and everything else? This is straight out copy of Myst without a single different element, zero authenticity. Fuck this shit
0/0
It's a copy of Riven not Myst, retard. There is a different element, you have an inventory in Neyyah. Also it's not they, it's just one dude who is not even a developer.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
In watching a few of these videos this dude seems to me to have the right approach to doing a newer Riven like game. This seems promising at least. IF he can actually pull that off... we shall see. I'm just going to sit in the corner and cautiously fap.

Casual Hero

Augur
Wishlisted.
Like others, I am kind of skeptical. Who knows if it will be good or just a surface level copy?
What I do know is that it looks gorgeous, and I can't imagine regretting it if I played it. Maybe it won't blow my mind, but maybe it will. Either way, it should be fun for an afternoon.

Doctor Gong

Literate
Clearly this is a one man love letter to Riven.

That said, terrible name.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom