Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nice game intros

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Homeworld intro (and cutscenes in general) was something special.

Now that was such a special moment to experience for the first time. Goosebumps all over.

Resident Evil games really knew how to make great openers.

Playing this game as a kid was something else.

Forever <3

Citizen

When 40k games were badass. Ushankas on imperial guard are hilarious.

Mongol Invasion's intro >>>>> original's intro
That old man not giving a fuck about a swarm of flaming arrows around him. :salute:

mfkndggrfll

Learned
Shitposter Bethestard

The intro starting with the dopest trap beat ever featured into a video game followed by a legendary quote ''The best techniques are passed on by the survivors...'' -Gaiden Shinja, Blademaster

Last edited:

laclongquan

Arcane
Deadlock2: Shrine Wars~ What a fucking masterpiece, both in FMV and gameplay~ I feel the urge to dl and play it again~

Anyway, for old game, Startopia is a huge hidden gem. No one here seem to play it despite its excellent gameplay and outrageous humor. The wacky intro should prepare the player for the wacky gaming to follow

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Here's an obscure little gem (37 views in 7 years) I just found on Josh "Robotkid" Randall's vimeo page: An early version of the intro for Thief - The Dark Project, featuring some alternate artwork that's not in the finished game. The sound mix also seems slightly different.

Mark Richard

Arcane
Did my best to keep these boys alive. :salute:

'Our guileless globe' is a string of words I'll probably never hear again in my lifetime.

Curveball! The game ain't no good, but they got Patrick Stewart to voice the intro and he does his usual bang up job.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Cannon Fodder intro was great, game itself is also equally great, in 1992 war truly had never been as much fun as Cannon Fodder. Apparently the ENTIRE first disk was just the intro!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom