Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Niggling problems remaining in new Codex - also for identifying possible bugs

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Since yesterday I've noticed huge performance issues if trying to Edit posts. Once my computer froze completely.
I'm using Win 7 with an integrated Intel HD 4000 video card, and Mozilla as browser.

You're complaining about something because your computer is a decade old right? The issue is your shitty computer. The fix is to build a new one with a proper video card.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Since yesterday I've noticed huge performance issues if trying to Edit posts. Once my computer froze completely.
I'm using Win 7 with an integrated Intel HD 4000 video card, and Mozilla as browser.

You're complaining about something because your computer is a decade old right? The issue is your shitty computer. The fix is to build a new one with a proper video card.

Since when do you need a brand new computer for just editing post, dumbfuck?

Alex

Arcane

The Codex used to work quite well with my old pentium and windows 98. No reason why it shouldn't work with a 10 years old computer now.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck

Since when do you need a brand new computer for just editing post, dumbfuck?

Obviously you do since your computer can't handle a simple forum you retarded inbred sack of shit.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck

The Codex used to work quite well with my old pentium and windows 98. No reason why it shouldn't work with a 10 years old computer now.

Used to is the key words there. ;)

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Obviously you do since your computer can't handle a simple forum you retarded inbred sack of shit.

I shouldn't be so hard on myself for being an inbred retarded moron that can't even operate a forum quote right.
Yes, you shouldn't be too hard on yourself since you can't even quote right. Is your daddy also your uncle and grandpa?

octavius

Arcane
Patron

Seems it'a a problem (still) with Mozilla Firefox (which is getting increasingly less reliable), since I have no problems editing if using Opera.

hello friend

Arcane
Unread watched threads used to sort by unread, since the upgrade it's just a list of watched threads with unread threads highlighted. But as of today it doesn't even do that - it doesn't limit itself to watched threads at all, and just shows unread new posts. Watched threads is completely broken now.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Button ratings applied to a post are now sorted by frequency given, with the highest number appearing on the left, as had been the case before the switch. +M

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Massive :incline:
l-intro-1625073971.jpg

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
The yellow button still doesn't work on older threads you haven't clicked on in awhile, even threads you've posted in. Still takes you to the first page.
There's some XF2 quirk named 'read marking'. It can't be easily disabled, but I switched it from 30 to 365 days.
Stats button - Old Codex had a "stats" button appearing on every post, which would take you to a page with the distribution of posts by forum for that Codexer, followed by a list of that Codexer's most-brofisted posts
It's probably completely broken for private profiles as well.
Unread watched threads used to sort by unread, post-upgrade it has been just a list of watched threads with unread threads highlighted, but as of today it doesn't even do that - it doesn't limit itself to watched threads at all, and just shows unread new posts. Watched threads is completely broken now.
Click on 'Watched' on the sub-navigation menu, it's going to show read and unread watched threads. Click the dropdown and select 'Unread watched threads', it's going to show unread watched threads and all threads from watched forums.
Doing a quick copy/paste grab in Shoutbox to quote someone results in a mess
Click the [] button on the toolbar to temporarily disable bbcode.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Nigglers, on mobile there should be a one-click shortcut to return to the forums main page. At the moment, there's a bunch of useless shortcuts like for 'Discord' instead of the important stuff, which is two clicks away.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Since today very old threads are marked as "unread" for me even if there are no new posts. Does anybody else have this problem?

LJ40

Cipher
Since today very old threads are marked as "unread" for me even if there are no new posts. Does anybody else have this problem?
Yep, same here. Worked fine yesterday.
After clicking through all the old watched threads, it seems to be working fine. However, I would like to hear the software's logic behind marking a thread unread that I was the last poster in.

Arbiter

Scholar
If you hover over a profile photo, the account details popup displays reaction statistics. It used to show 3 values: positive ratings (green), neutral ones (white) and negatives ones (red). Now there are 6 categories, likely resulting from reorganization of buttons into new categories. The green number now points to "Standard Yellow" category and the red one to "Prestigious Privileged Patrons" category. This is clearly incorrect.

Last edited:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
If you hover over a profile photo, the account details popup displays reaction statistics. It used to show 3 values: positive ratings (green), neutral ones (white) and negatives ones (red). Now there are 6 categories, likely resulting from reorganization of buttons into new categories. The green number now points to "Standard Yellow" category and the red one to "Prestigious Privileged Patrons" category. This is clearly incorrect.
Fun Fact™: Ratings now have categories to be counted in, which is deranged. What it means is we can sort buttons, but they get sorted by category first. So if you put all the positive buttons in a positive category, you get all the positive buttons first, then whatever the next category is.

Yet meanwhile you can add and remove buttons individually based on their usergroup and NOT by category. Meaning all categories do is allow us to count buttons by category in exchange for fucking up the sort order.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom