Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Niggling problems remaining in new Codex - also for identifying possible bugs

Arbiter

Scholar
Button statistics appear to by buggy. Look at this post: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...n-the-front-vatniks-cheer.137904/post-8062067, the summary at the bottom shows 5 brofists and 3 "retadred" ratings. When I click the summary to see a popup with a list of people who reacted to that post, I see only 2 "retadred" ratings, one given by Lord_Potato and one by Danikas. The third one might have been given by someone that I am ignoring. Even if that is the case, the mismatch between the summary and the popup is still unexpected.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Button statistics appear to by buggy. Look at this post: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...n-the-front-vatniks-cheer.137904/post-8062067, the summary at the bottom shows 5 brofists and 3 "retadred" ratings. When I click the summary to see a popup with a list of people who reacted to that post, I see only 2 "retadred" ratings, one given by Lord_Potato and one by Danikas. The third one might have been given by someone that I am ignoring. Even if that is the case, the mismatch between the summary and the popup is still unexpected.
Appears fine for me:

ssemdt.jpg

Though you might rethink your posting after being brofisted by the Kazakh tranny.

Arbiter

Scholar
Appears fine for me:

ssemdt.jpg

As I expected, the third negative rating was given by a person that I am ignoring: passerby.

This indicates that ignored forum members are excluded from the popup, but not from the reaction summary at the bottom of a post. This behavior is surprising, was it implemented like that intentionally?

Though you might rethink your posting after being brofisted by the Kazakh tranny.

:updatedmytxt:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
If any problems identified have been resolved, post that information in this thread and I will update the initial post accordingly. I can't necessarily determine whether problems identified by others have been resolved myself. :M

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
If any problems identified have been resolved, post that information in this thread and I will update the initial post accordingly. I can't necessarily determine whether problems identified by others have been resolved myself. :M
1. Link to the ignore list is in the user's popup box (hover or click on the username).
5. Personally I like it better the way it is now. More legible.
7. It's now easier because you can just click on the image without a modal popup appearing.
8. Difficult to fix because the entire "/unread" link behaves like that.
12. 'k (disabled 'Filterable aggregating forums').
13. Turn off bbcode while pasting in the editor using the [] button.
14. What are the other users' opinions? As for myself -- I find it useful when searching for thread titles, but it's definitely horrible UI design.
15. Finally done thanks to the 30$ addon.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Twiglard are you planning to sort "members who reacted to.." rating popups by most given rating to least? it would be the same logic already used to visually sort them at the bottom of posts.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Twiglard are you planning to sort "members who reacted to.." rating popups by most given rating to least? it would be the same logic already used to visually sort them at the bottom of posts.
Eventually. I don't think it's that big of a deal though. They're sorted chronologically now.

Grimlorn

Arcane
1. Link to the ignore list is in the user's popup box (hover or click on the username).
7. It's now easier because you can just click on the image without a modal popup appearing.
14. What are the other users' opinions? As for myself -- I find it useful when searching for thread titles, but it's definitely horrible UI design.
On number 8. When the yellow button icon was first introduced I'm pretty sure it functioned the same way, or at least when clicking on old threads you've never clicked on before it would take you to the first page. However it was eventually fixed so it would just take you to the last month's posts or would "remember" your place in the thread. So whoever fixed it back then should know how to fix it assuming it hasn't changed with xenoforo 2.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
This concerns the stats page, which is still missing; it contained the breakdown of posts by forum/subforum, and also the top 10 brofisted posts by that user.

:negative: Underlining is ugly and should be avoided as much as possible.

Not my entries, and I can't really judge these.

Noted this as resolved.

Not my entry; will rely on the originator or someone else who uses Shoutbox to determine if resolved.

I hardly ever search for thread titles, and of course there's a checkbox exactly for that, so this is nearly always an irritation rather than a benefit.

Marked this as resolved.

Gregz

Arcane
User Profile -> Postings -> 'See More'

The 'See More' button should add more posts to the already existing page, not load a new page (which annoyingly starts back with the 'Search results' you've already read).

Gregz

Arcane
In Shoutbox, when a user copy/pastes something like this:

fork: tell that spic piece of shit to keep ignoring me
fork: what a worthless cretin

The result is this:

fork: tell that spic piece of shit to keep ignoring mehttps://rpgcodex.net/forums/data/avatars/s/28/28745.jpg?1647050264 fork: what a worthless cretin

It should be WYSIWYG.

FriendlyMerchant

The only bug I can find is that antisemitic remarks have not been removed. The ADL is very angry.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
This post wasn't directed at Twiglard but rather at those who identified problems, which are now listed in the opening post; if they have been resolved, post it here, and I will update accordingly.

Numbers 7 (Moving and deleting embedded images is more complicated with your text field cursor than it used to be), 8 (The yellow button still doesn't work on older threads you haven't clicked on in awhile, even threads you've posted in. Still takes you to the first page.), and 13 (Doing a quick copy/paste grab in Shoutbox to quote someone results in a mess) might have been fixed already.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Since yesterday [July 28th] I've noticed huge performance issues if trying to Edit posts. Once my computer froze completely.
I'm using Win 7 with an integrated Intel HD 4000 video card, and Mozilla as browser.

This seems to have gone away with the new Mozilla Firefox update today.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Although it might be convenient to have the Codex smilies / stock images all located in a single drop-down menu accessible via the smilies button, this is accomplished by reducing the images to a certain size, which in most cases compresses them to such an extent that it would be difficult to discern their meaning if I weren't already familiar with them. Newbies to the Codex must have a difficult time with this. I suggest greatly expanding this drop-down menu horizontally, while also enlarging the images (less of a size reduction) so that they are easier to examine and select.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Ah yes, the RPG Codex. Known far and wide for its consideration, noob-friendliness and welcoming attitude. :lol:

Seriously though, the current system is vastly superior to having to scroll through walls of oversized images every time when fishing for one. Anyone who needs to see bigger versions can click them into their posts, look at them in full size, remember them and delete them, never having to wade through piles of full size images in the dropdown unnecessarily again.

Semiurge

Cipher
Ah yes, the RPG Codex. Known far and wide for its consideration, noob-friendliness and welcoming attitude. :lol:
welcome.png

If Codex doesn't make you self-eject, it makes you stronger. Other places aren't any more welcoming to noobs 'neath their friendly facade, you still need to let your account stew for years and slowly build reputation before the other members will start to take you for something other than a driveby troll.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Can we get rid of the 'attached images show under the post' or have a toggle option?

Attachments

• 1661522214866.png
    1661522214866.png
    81 KB · Views: 44

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Did visible signature size decrease? I noticed I could fit like two quotes in my signature to appear (the ones stay "hidden"), now I can't even fit two one-line quotes. Feels like signatures are 50% smaller now
Pretty sure that's to do with the font-size increase.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
One thing I miss that isn't mentioned in the OP is a 'jump to top' button at the bottom of every post. It was very useful when you wanted to quickly scroll up some wall of pictures.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom